• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner Question

You can have anything you want on the menu...2 of anything .

I asked for a ceaser salad which isn’t even on the menu a few nights I didn’t see anything I wanted. Also asked for meats without the side . Love scallops so asked for those with out sides and my entree. Had a baked potatoe with my meat as well, not a fancy eater..lol

My husband has a Mickey bar every night instead of listed desserts.

As others have mentioned you can pretty much have whatever you like. I've even subbed a side of rice instead of the potatoes that come with the entree. They are very flexible! :thumbsup2

I’ve made a dinner out of all of the appetizers, and once I will admit a dinner of a salad and four desserts...you can get multiples of any course or skip courses. No judgement (my family did kinda judge me for the 4 desserts but I had a salad too!)

Eat to you heart's (or stomach's) content. The dining CM are there to make you happy and if you want 2 apps, go for it.

I've even ordered appetizers off of the kid's menu.

LOL... I've done this... I'm sometimes jealous when kids in our table get Mac n cheese and I don't like anything in the adult menu. So I order one as well! Its yummy!
Also, as someone else said on here, I too order Mickey bar as dessert every night. Sometimes two. One more reason to love DCL.

Has anyone subbed in another appetizer instead of the soup/salad? Is this okay to do?
If it is on the boat, you can get it. I stated once that I liked Key Lime Pie, I had a whole pie every night. (7 day was way to much for that.) I really don't like all the fancy foods so I have steak every night. I am not sure where they get it from because I have never seen it on the menu the way they cook it.

You can have all of the appetizers, or none of them, or multiple servings of the same appetizer with or without soup/salad. Heck, you can make your entire dinner out of appetizers. Or have two salads. Or two soups. Or two soups and two salads, or more. Or skip the appetizers and soup/salad altogether and have multiple entrees. Or skip all of it and feast on bread and desserts. Or whatever. It's all fine... just try to keep the sanity of your servers in mind. :)

Has anyone subbed in another appetizer instead of the soup/salad? Is this okay to do?
ALL OF THE TIME

Why have salad, when you can have more: Shrimp, Cheese, Meat or lobster apps. Salad is for home (sometimes).

After 120+ nights onboard, my wife still gives me the stink eye for not having the salad.

Be careful what you wish for!! My adult son and I, a few years back, asked for shrimp cocktails first thing every night after the first night on the Fantasy. Next night, true to their word, we got one each, very nice. The next night each one was a little bit bigger, yumm! The next night there was no small cup, but about a dozen or so on each plate...does the Sorcerer's Apprentice come to mind?? The next night they must have restocked at the last port and we got a huge plate each of shrimp. I yelled, "stop the shrimp machine!" We could hardly eat a regular dinner. Just a cautionary tail. Cruise on...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter