Dinner time

Stacey6274

Mouseketeer
hi -
i booked my cruise a few weeks ago for August 2nd - they only had late seating left and wait listed me for Main seating - what do you think my chances are that it will get moved to Main seating in the next 7 months? I sure hope so!!! Has this happend to anyone? Thanks

There is still a chance you can get main. I have tried to get in main before and was unable to but that was on the old ships. I have read on here before that people who were wait listed did get into main. Your best chance may be when people move from main to second after they realize their shore excursions will get them back later and they don't want to rush or chose another.

But if you do not get in main don't worry. We only have second seating and we really like it now. :thumbsup2

Obviously all situations are different, but I'll tell you mine to give you some hope. haha ;)

We were supposed to be on the Magics first sailing after the renovations in October. Well, 2 days before we were supposed to leave, they cancelled it. After lots of calls to Disney and the airline, we decided to do the Fantasy for the next week. We booked and were put on wait-list for main dinner seating. We were really bummed b/c we have young kids who are used to eating at 5:30 every night. Luckily, my mom called back the next day and got a different rep who was able to find us a spot in main seating. I don't know if someone else cancelled or what, but we got very lucky. You could try calling back in a few weeks to see if any spots have opened up for you. But, my guess is that between now and then there will be lots of people who have to cancel their trip (probably right before the paid in full dates). Or like someone else said, they'll decide that later dinner fits their needs better, and you'll have a much better chance. I would keep up hope. And if all else fails, you can go check as soon as you board.

hi -
i booked my cruise a few weeks ago for August 2nd - they only had late seating left and wait listed me for Main seating - what do you think my chances are that it will get moved to Main seating in the next 7 months? I sure hope so!!! Has this happend to anyone? Thanks

I would say your chances are good to excellent, with that much time before the cruise. To help things along, I'd suggest you give DCL a call every month and "confirm" that you are on the waiting list (remember the squeaky wheel?). Step up the calls more frequently within the last couple of months, if they haven't moved you yet. If the change hasn't happened by the time you check in at the port, go to where they are handling dining changes onboard (it will be listed in the Navigator) and make the request again. Most time these steps will get you the early dining. Sometimes not. Your chances are better if you are a smaller group (like not a family of 7 or more).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter