Dinosaur refurbishment, Rumors? anything New added?

Maybe they'll lighten it up a bit? It's incredibly dark in the ride and I really can't enjoy the animatronics because you can't see half of them!

In theory I should really like the dinosaur ride but my memories of it from 2010 and 2012 are only of lots of noise and darkness, to me it needs more visual things and effects

In theory I should really like the dinosaur ride but my memories of it from 2010 and 2012 are only of lots of noise and darkness, to me it needs more visual things and effects

I don't mind the ride as it is. But, I agree. It has the potential to be much better with some added effects.

Anyone know if it's open today?

YES

1. WDW News Today ‏@WDWNT 8m8 minutes ago
    Finally, toward the end when you find the Iguanodon, there's a new green scanning effect that scans him.

0 replies0 retweets9 likes

2. WDW News Today ‏@WDWNT 10m10 minutes ago
    The meteor shower effects have been improved throughout the whole ride and are more prominent.

0 replies0 retweets8 likes

3. WDW News Today ‏@WDWNT 11m11 minutes ago
    During the "lost of traction" scene, new projections with raptors chasing you can be found on both sides of the Time Rover.

0 replies1 retweet6 likes

4. WDW News Today ‏@WDWNT 12m12 minutes ago
    Right before the pterodactyl scene, there are new lightning projections which are super awesome.

0 replies1 retweet12 likes

5. WDW News Today ‏@WDWNT 12m12 minutes ago
    In the attraction itself, there's new audio in the teleportation tunnel. All animatronics are full functional.

0 replies1 retweet9 likes

6. WDW News Today ‏@WDWNT 13m13 minutes ago
    DINOSAUR Re-Opens at Disney's Animal Kingdom with New Effects: http://youtu.be/PSPBF6aWLW8?a via @YouTube

0 replies6 retweets12 likes

7. WDW News Today ‏@WDWNT 13m13 minutes ago
    New display cases can be found at the beginning of the DINOSAUR queue.

CxtxmgdUkAAp0DV.jpg

CxtxmgkUkAEhGku.jpg

CxtxmhTVQAAVD4B.jpg

CxtxmhSUUAIjIM5.jpg

It's been a while since I last rode Dinosaur, but overall it looks pretty good. As far as I can remember they did add some new effects, correct? Can't tell if they made that many improvements in terms of lighting. The camera clearly deserves a lot of credit for the clarity of the video.

It's been a while since I last rode Dinosaur, but overall it looks pretty good. As far as I can remember they did add some new effects, correct? Can't tell if they made that many improvements in terms of lighting. The camera clearly deserves a lot of credit for the clarity of the video.
New scanning affect at the beginning. Updated the meteor affects. Fixed broken AAs.

Last edited:
I always thought they should add some heavy breathing down the back of your neck effects or something - as if they were close behind you. Oh well...

The only real visible difference I saw was more pronounced meteors striking and animation for that one dinosaur that used to bounce overhead after the pterodactyl (i believe they were called sauropods). Oh well I feel like the video is still too dark for me to tell and the only way you can tell is with the human eye. Of all the rides in the world it's always dinosaur that seems to be the darkest on video

New scanning affect at the beginning. Updated the melter affects. Fixed broken AAs.

Looking forward to the updated attraction, but have no idea what a melter effect is and sure as heck don't know what AAs are. I assume one of the A's has to do with Animatronics.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the updated attraction, but have no idea what a melter effect is and sure as heck don't know what AAs are. I assume one of the A's has to do with Animatronics.
Sorry that was a auto correct typo. Meteor effects, and AAs are Audio Animtronics.

Here is a POV video of the REFURBISHED Dinosaur Attraction:

Some folks are saying they wish the video would've been updated, but I have a feeling that change would not have gone over very well. I like that they keep the originals on some of their stuff!

I always thought they should add some heavy breathing down the back of your neck effects or something - as if they were close behind you. Oh well...

Mid-ride, the Carnotaurus used to "chase" the Time Rover via the sound of foot stomps following closely behind the vehicle. But the effect was lessened and then essentially taken out because it scared young riders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter