Direct Debit Question

NJParkhopper

DIS Veteran- Thanks for everything, Walt!!!
A question for anyone with Direct Debit DVC payments. When monthly DVC payments are deducted right from your checking account, does Disney send you a receipt or something for that. We haven't been charged with our first month's payment yet and we were just wondering how it works. Thanks!

We have never received a receipt from Disney, we've been on direct debit for 3 years. The payment is a separate debit from the maintenance fee.

No, they do not send a receipt. When you get your monthly checking statement, it's on there. It takes some time for it to get setup. I bought in early September 1999 and I don't think they took the first dues payment until December 1.

They sent us a letter stating the date and amount to be withdrawn before the first time. That's the only notice we've gotten so far. After that my 'puter tells when me when to mark it in my account.

We also have direct debit and never get a receipt. We just monitor our bank statement to make sure everything looks OK.

We set up a seperate account for the debit, and have the payment and dues, plus a little extra, direct deposited from my check into the account. This way it's the only thing happening on that account.

You'll need to make sure you have enough in your account at all times. Once they start debiting they will deduct the same amount each month. Mine usually is taken out on the 15th of each month.
I check my bank account balance online and can see the DVC deduction when it is withdrawn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter