Direct Flights to LAX from Toronto?

joerohdesearring

Earning My Ears
Has anyone flown WestJet direct from Toronto to LAX recently? I recently booked a trip for November that was direct and just a week later it was cancelled. Our flights were changed to connecting flights and there were no available direct flights within five days of our original dates. In fact, I don't see any direct flights for the first few weeks of November from Toronto to LAX. Is WJ getting rid of their direct flights for this route?

We flew them before Covid , maybe it’s so far out. That they are noticing it’s not a full flight?

WestJet has revamped their routing in eastern Canada starting May 1. They are sending most flights to western North America through Calgary. From "WestJet is at it again" thread
I kind of mentioned this is another post, but going to post it here as well. Westjet is in the process of concentrating services into Calgary. By the end of this round of deliveries they are going to be basing over a 100 of their aircraft at YYC and Calgary will be their sole connecting hub. Also their entire premium fleet has already been pulled into Calgary. Combination of Air Canada securing early A220 deliveries and Alberta providing a lot of cash to refocus on Calgary (YYC is going to be adding 2 million or more additional passengers in the near future). Great for Westerners and being more connected, bad for Easterners and choice. Us easterners are going to have to hope that Porter and Air Transat fill some of the gap.

I like airplanes and am a bit of a nerd about these things.

Has anyone flown WestJet direct from Toronto to LAX recently? I recently booked a trip for November that was direct and just a week later it was cancelled. Our flights were changed to connecting flights and there were no available direct flights within five days of our original dates. In fact, I don't see any direct flights for the first few weeks of November from Toronto to LAX. Is WJ getting rid of their direct flights for this route?
We just booked direct from Toronto to LAX and back, but it was through Air Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter