• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Direct Sales Reopening?

The deal that is on the website now says it is good until Sept 16, 2020 and is basically the same deal as before.... save on points at CCV, AUL and RIV

The savings below are valid for purchases now through September 16, 2020.
When You Purchase...You'll Save...
150 to 199 Vacation Points$2,250 to $2,985
200 to 299 Vacation Points$5,000 to $7,475
300 to 499 Vacation Points$9,000 to $14,970

I called and ask for BLT - no offers!
I believe the BLT offer is for existing members. According to the add-on tool for existing members, there are offers for AKL, BLT, OKW, PBV, and SSR, but the website only says "Ask a Guide for Details" and doesn't include any details. I'm hoping an existing member is able to call soon to find out the details; otherwise when I am able to do, I plan on calling to ask, as I'm especially interested to see what the AKL offer is (and would consider BLT and PBV if the offer was right). What I'd really love to see is 0% financing.

I believe the BLT offer is for existing members. According to the add-on tool for existing members, there are offers for AKL, BLT, OKW, PBV, and SSR, but the website only says "Ask a Guide for Details" and doesn't include any details. I'm hoping an existing member is able to call soon to find out the details; otherwise when I am able to do, I plan on calling to ask, as I'm especially interested to see what the AKL offer is (and would consider BLT and PBV if the offer was right). What I'd really love to see is 0% financing.

I'm not expecting much.

I was on waitlist for BLT before the price skyrocketed something like $35 / pt. Still pissed about it. Ugh.

I'm in a quandary. I've been on the waitlist for the Grand Californian for almost 2 years. The sales agent called me right before everything was shutdown due to COVID and told me I could purchase 51 points. I was initially requesting at least 100 points, but he said there were only 51 points available. I was told if I went through with it, and if I purchased more points at a later time, then I'd have to pay closing costs on the additional contact if/when that happened. However, at the time, I thought that I would still get the benefits of purchasing directly from Disney. But, during the closure, I was doing additional research and read that I would not get the benefits from purchasing directly from Disney (since it is less than 100 points). I finally spoke to another sales agent this morning and he confirmed that I would not get the benefits from purchasing directly from Disney until I purchased 100 points. He said he'll look into it, to see if there were additional points that became available during the closure. He's supposed to call me back by the end of today. Is there anything I'm missing? I've waited so long to even get a phone call and this would at least get my foot in the door. But the whole reason I waited to purchase directly through Disney was to get the full benefits. So I don't know if I should just pass. My husband pointed out that we've waited almost 2 years just for 51 points, and it could be another 2 years before 50 more points become available. But on the flip side, the price per points will just keep increasing. Argh.

I'm in a quandary. I've been on the waitlist for the Grand Californian for almost 2 years. The sales agent called me right before everything was shutdown due to COVID and told me I could purchase 51 points. I was initially requesting at least 100 points, but he said there were only 51 points available. I was told if I went through with it, and if I purchased more points at a later time, then I'd have to pay closing costs on the additional contact if/when that happened. However, at the time, I thought that I would still get the benefits of purchasing directly from Disney. But, during the closure, I was doing additional research and read that I would not get the benefits from purchasing directly from Disney (since it is less than 100 points). I finally spoke to another sales agent this morning and he confirmed that I would not get the benefits from purchasing directly from Disney until I purchased 100 points. He said he'll look into it, to see if there were additional points that became available during the closure. He's supposed to call me back by the end of today. Is there anything I'm missing? I've waited so long to even get a phone call and this would at least get my foot in the door. But the whole reason I waited to purchase directly through Disney was to get the full benefits. So I don't know if I should just pass. My husband pointed out that we've waited almost 2 years just for 51 points, and it could be another 2 years before 50 more points become available. But on the flip side, the price per points will just keep increasing. Argh.
Ther is a resale contract on sale now for that resort at 198$/pt, 200 points.

Ther is a resale contract on sale now for that resort at 198$/pt, 200 points.
I know, I saw that over the weekend. But the whole reason I’ve been waiting for so long, is to get the full membership benefits from purchasing directly from Disney.

I know, I saw that over the weekend. But the whole reason I’ve been waiting for so long, is to get the full membership benefits from purchasing directly from Disney.

This is one that might be worth a rethink. With only 100 points at VGC, how often will you be staying there vs going to WDW? The most useful benefit is of course the annual pass discount, which doesn't do you any good at DL. If you're spending most of your time at VGC, you won't use the biggest perk, and if you'll spend most of your time at WDW with only occasional stays at VGC, then it's not worth spending the direct price for VGC.

I'm sure you've thought about all this already, but that struck me immediately reading your comment.

This is one that might be worth a rethink. With only 100 points at VGC, how often will you be staying there vs going to WDW? The most useful benefit is of course the annual pass discount, which doesn't do you any good at DL. If you're spending most of your time at VGC, you won't use the biggest perk, and if you'll spend most of your time at WDW with only occasional stays at VGC, then it's not worth spending the direct price for VGC.

I'm sure you've thought about all this already, but that struck me immediately reading your comment.
All good points. We would primarily use it for Disneyland because we live in Arizona. For the direct benefits, I was thinking more of the member only events, like Moonlight Magic at Disneyland.

What is the BLT offer showing?

All good points. We would primarily use it for Disneyland because we live in Arizona. For the direct benefits, I was thinking more of the member only events, like Moonlight Magic at Disneyland.

It’s certainly a personal decision, but we’ve been to all the DLR MM events over the past few years since we live very close to DLR. They’re definitely not worth adding VGC direct, and honestly who knows if/when the events will even return after all this COVID mess. The direct member benefits are not guaranteed, and IMO not worth VGC direct prices at this point.

That is a very large premium to pay for an event that happens only on specific dates you may or may not be able to attend, not to mention an event that may be cancelled outright for the foreseeable future.

It’s certainly a personal decision, but we’ve been to all the DLR MM events over the past few years since we live very close to DLR. They’re definitely not worth adding VGC direct, and honestly who knows if/when the events will even return after all this COVID mess. The direct member benefits are not guaranteed, and IMO not worth VGC direct prices at this point.

That's definitely good to know. Thank you - I'm glad I posted in here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter