direct tv anyone?

So glad someone posted this. I was going to post the exact question. Our contract with Dish is up in Feb and DH is talking about changing to Direct then back to Dish after another 2 years. He wants the NFL package. It infuriates him that new Dish customers are getting free Blockbuster and they don't do squat for loyal customers. I really doubt if Dish will negotiate if you say you are cancelling or has anyone been successful at it?
Glad to here everyone seems to like Direct! It took us so long to get any TV at all. We had to cut down 12 trees so we had no TV for 3 months.

All the companies are like that though. DirecTV is offering the NFL package for free to new customers and we pay full price for that. One year, my DH called up and complained and got a discount, but it was only for that 1 year.

I have read here about the companies offering better deals if you call their customer retention departments. I have never done it - it's not really worth my time.

I am looking into direct tv, we currently have comcast. Do you need a phone line for direct tv's dvr's? and also does direct offer internet, or would we have to keep comcast internet? thanks..... their promo prices look promising, would just have to see how much it would be after the 2 years are up, never had dish or direct before.

Totally agree with Tom - you don't want satellite Internet if you can get something else.

We have DirecTV just for the TV. For our phone and Internet, we have Verizon FIOS.

so we called direct tv and they said they run the signal through our existing cable wire and just add an antenna on the house.... that sounds good to me, wasnt thrilled with a new installation.... looks like a great deal, i think we will pull the trigger and keep comcast internet, but will still save almost 80 a month :)

I've been with Directv since 1996! I love it. :lovestruc I know they offer good deals for new customers, but every now and then I'll call them and see what they can do for loyal customers. (Hint, ask for Customer Service representative...not the technicians that usually get on the phone first) My brother got aggravated with them because of a problem he was having getting local channels and called Dish. They installed his new system and then he called Directv and cancelled. Directv called him about a week later and offered to buy his contract with Dish out and beat Dish's deal for 2 years. He's thinking about it. :lmao:

We have had Direct Tv for the past 4 years with no complaints. Their signal has always been clear, and the one time we had an issue with our bill, they were very quick to resolve it and give us 3 free months of premium channels free for the hassle. :thumbsup2

AAA customers can call a special # and thru that get Direct TV for $10 off a month for your 1st 24 months.

I recently got some cards to give out to friend for a $100 credit if they join DirectTV

call them at 877-601-8979 and mention code # 044298250 for the credit.Offer ends Feb8th.says you must get a choice package or higher to get the credit.Also says free whole home upgrade--HD DVR plus 3 HD receivers.

we have had them for over 10 yrs and love it! I also was bummed about them offering NFL ticket for free to new customers so I called them up and went to the operator that handles people that want to cancel.I explained that I was not happy and they offered me discounts that cover the costs of the NFL ticket:thumbsup2 I have always found that if you call them and are upset about anything they will offer you free movie channels or credits to keep you!

thanks for the code, i will give it a shot, hope it works with all the other discounts they are offering as well :)

one more question.....

they are offering up to 4 free recievers...should i get all 4 just in case we ever have 4 tv's hooked up in our house to avoid having to pay for one later....or just get as many as i need right now?

with the whole home dvr service you dont have to pay per reciever that you rent later on right? its just 10 a month after the 2 year promo is up as well???

any help is appreciated, just trying to figure out the cost after all the saving expire...

We have had Direct TV for 8 years and absolutely love it. Prior to it we had Comcast and I am convinced that the star wars movies are based on a time when Comcast takes over the world. They build the death star :rotfl:

Seriously we only had Comcast as the other option and hated them... In fact they changed their name to xfinity around here just to try and regroup people. Direct TV is the way to go..

one more question.....

they are offering up to 4 free recievers...should i get all 4 just in case we ever have 4 tv's hooked up in our house to avoid having to pay for one later....or just get as many as i need right now?

with the whole home dvr service you dont have to pay per reciever that you rent later on right? its just 10 a month after the 2 year promo is up as well???

any help is appreciated, just trying to figure out the cost after all the saving expire...

Hi! I am not sure about the whole house DVR since that was not offered when we signed up years ago. I have 1 DVR box now and that is enough for me but it would be nice to have more so that I could watch it anywhere in the house.
Maybe someone else could answer the questions about it BUT I would ask them at DirectTV--tell them that you were wondering if you should get them all now or not.Ask the price differences-they should tell you.

As for the price after the 2yr promo-it depends on what channels you want.The back of the offer card I have says that for the Choice package it will be $29.99 a month for 12 months.That is for 150 channels.You could downgrade to a cheaper pack if you wanted after that

New sign up also comes with 3 months free Showtime movie channels.

one more question.....

they are offering up to 4 free receivers...should i get all 4 just in case we ever have 4 tv's hooked up in our house to avoid having to pay for one later....or just get as many as i need right now?

with the whole home dvr service you dont have to pay per receiver that you rent later on right? its just 10 a month after the 2 year promo is up as well???

Hi! I am not sure about the whole house DVR since that was not offered when we signed up years ago. I have 1 DVR box now and that is enough for me but it would be nice to have more so that I could watch it anywhere in the house.
Maybe someone else could answer the questions about it BUT I would ask them at DirectTV--tell them that you were wondering if you should get them all now or not.Ask the price differences-they should tell you.

As for the price after the 2yr promo-it depends on what channels you want.The back of the offer card I have says that for the Choice package it will be $29.99 a month for 12 months.That is for 150 channels.You could downgrade to a cheaper pack if you wanted after that

New sign up also comes with 3 months free Showtime movie channels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter