DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Sorry, new to this post, we will be attending the party, will the buses be running to the resorts, we are staying at All Stars Movie

Buses won't be running. There may be additional transportation available for a cost, though this has not been confirmed. Uber/cab is an option to go back to the All Stars.

I booked our first stay at Disney World with the group rates. Unfortunately, a change in schedule means I can't make it to the June 1st Epcot event (hadn't bought tickets to that yet). What else is the $25 fee for since I will now be out of the Orlando area before June 1st? I have yet to sign up for that as well and I'm not sure we'll be able to make all of the meet-ups since this is our first time there and I'm kind of set on sticking to our plan for the parks.

What else is the $25 fee for
The $25 is partly a donation to Give Kids the World and partly to defray the costs of running the event. They need to pay for things like advertising, producing credentials, room rental for the auction, etc. And I suspect that the $85 they are charging for the party probably doesn't fully cover the expense. We happily paid the $25 even though we are only attending the party.

Buses won't be running. There may be additional transportation available for a cost, though this has not been confirmed. Uber/cab is an option to go back to the All Stars.
Considering the number of people who will need transportation after the party, how practical would it be to expect an Uber or a Taxi to be readily available?

Last edited:
I booked our first stay at Disney World with the group rates. Unfortunately, a change in schedule means I can't make it to the June 1st Epcot event (hadn't bought tickets to that yet). What else is the $25 fee for since I will now be out of the Orlando area before June 1st? I have yet to sign up for that as well and I'm not sure we'll be able to make all of the meet-ups since this is our first time there and I'm kind of set on sticking to our plan for the parks.

The $25 helps defray cost for setting things up (printing up credentials, etc.) and then gives you access to any of the events planned for the week. The party is the big one but there will be other smaller events to be scheduled.

For the Megameet last year there were things like shopping with some of the team at Disney Springs, Vloging with Ryno around World Showcase, etc. (no idea what will be this year, those are just examples) - so you need to be registered for the event to register for those meets as well. For the mega meet I believe none of those mini-meets had an explicit charge but they did ask for an additional donation to GKTW

Today is/was Friday April 28th, and I was still able to get a room at the group discount. I was surprised since the Quote Page on the web site said last day to book with the discount was the 26th. Guess I got a little Pixie dust!party::tinker:Port Orleans - French Quarter, 1st Moderate Resort stay.:cool2: See you all in one month!

Considering the number of people who will need transportation after the party, how practical would it be to expect an Uber or a Taxi to be readily available?

I've taken Uber several times now to & from off property resorts & have never had an issue with one arriving within minutes of my request. But I have never ordered one at that time of night before so hopefully it won't be an issue for those who do need to use that option to get back to their room. I'd imagine there would be plenty of Uber drivers available at all hours for those guests who regularly order them late nights/early mornings on property. And I much prefer an Uber over a taxi after comparing the two services.

Today is/was Friday April 28th, and I was still able to get a room at the group discount. I was surprised since the Quote Page on the web site said last day to book with the discount was the 26th. Guess I got a little Pixie dust!

Oh crap! Well now I think I might have to try to change my reservation a little... the problem is, I would be cancelling the first 3-4 days I have at Pop if I did. any way to do this without screwing up the fastpasses I have already lined up?

I've taken Uber several times now to & from off property resorts & have never had an issue with one arriving within minutes of my request. But I have never ordered one at that time of night before so hopefully it won't be an issue for those who do need to use that option to get back to their room. I'd imagine there would be plenty of Uber drivers available at all hours for those guests who regularly order them late nights/early mornings on property. And I much prefer an Uber over a taxi after comparing the two services.
I have also used Uber and prefer it over a taxi.
But what concerns me is the availability at 1 am along with the 1000(who knows?) other people wanting Uber at the same time I do.
Just saying, that concern will not stop me from attending the celebration. I'll figure something out

But what concerns me is the availability at 1 am along with the 1000(who knows?) other people wanting Uber at the same time I do.
I'm doubting the odds are quite that bad. Some of the participants will have arrived by car either because they live in the area or just prefer to rent a car while at WDW. Some participants won't make it to 1 am. Also, John has said that they are going to look into transportation options once they know how many folks may be interested and where they are heading.

Oh crap! Well now I think I might have to try to change my reservation a little... the problem is, I would be cancelling the first 3-4 days I have at Pop if I did. any way to do this without screwing up the fastpasses I have already lined up?

I was told that if I add my new reservation number to MDE account before the end of day when the system switches over to the next day, it will keep the fastpasses even though my original reservation was cancelled. I took a chance and quickly added the new reservation number immediately after I got off the phone and the fastpasses were still there. The only difference in my case though was that I purchased tickets separately so they were still in my MDE.

Does it come with a sherpa?

Better, I have child labor.

amYBix.gif

I was told that if I add my new reservation number to MDE account before the end of day when the system switches over to the next day, it will keep the fastpasses even though my original reservation was cancelled. I took a chance and quickly added the new reservation number immediately after I got off the phone and the fastpasses were still there. The only difference in my case though was that I purchased tickets separately so they were still in my MDE.

Sounds fine, but now I'm worried because my park tickets were part of the room package, which was all booked on the discount from earlier this year (February). So I guess I'll need to call the main reservation line, make sure that if I make this change I don't lose my discount and/or park tickets, then call the group line and book that, then call the main line again to modify the trip.

Whew. May be worth it though, I've always wanted to check out one of the two Port Orleans resorts!

I'm doubting the odds are quite that bad. Some of the participants will have arrived by car either because they live in the area or just prefer to rent a car while at WDW. Some participants won't make it to 1 am. Also, John has said that they are going to look into transportation options once they know how many folks may be interested and where they are heading.

Jeff, speaking of which ...what do you think they are looking for as far as crowds go? A couple thousand?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter