• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Hey everyone, my boyfriend & I have been following the Dis vlog and website for a while now, and we decided to attend the anniversary event and party from 5/30-6/2. We are very excited!

I signed up for Disboards just today so that I say hi to everyone & ask a couple of questions.

1) is there any idea where & when the pickup for the registration credentials will be?

2) will there be gluten free options at the party? I'm hoping I'll be able to eat something.

2) do we need to pay for the bus in advance or can we make the decision the day of the party? We are undecided whether to choose the bus or take a car service.

Thanks!!
Katie (& Charles)

I already paid for the bus, but I'm awaiting answers for 1 & 2 as well! :D

I already paid for the bus, but I'm awaiting answers for 1 & 2 as well! :D

Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if I'd missed the info somewhere or not. We are having a hard time knowing when to plan fast passes and dining. I guess we'll just take stabs at planning for now, and change as needed.

Hey everyone, my boyfriend & I have been following the Dis vlog and website for a while now, and we decided to attend the anniversary event and party from 5/30-6/2. We are very excited!

I signed up for Disboards just today so that I say hi to everyone & ask a couple of questions.

1) is there any idea where & when the pickup for the registration credentials will be?

2) will there be gluten free options at the party? I'm hoping I'll be able to eat something.

2) do we need to pay for the bus in advance or can we make the decision the day of the party? We are undecided whether to choose the bus or take a car service.

Thanks!!
Katie (& Charles)
Credential pickup is going to be at one of the ballrooms at the boardwalk. Which section and times haven't been announced yet. Transportation sign ups close on the 15th according to the link, this is so they know how many buses and stops need to be made.

Credential pickup is going to be at one of the ballrooms at the boardwalk. Which section and times haven't been announced yet. Transportation sign ups close on the 15th according to the link, this is so they know how many buses and stops need to be made.

Good info, thanks!

:welcome:

Thanks!!
Katie (& Charles)

I wish I could attend! With the main event midweek I'd need to consume a few days of precious vacation time, which I need for time with my kids this summer (who will still be in school during event week). The party sounds great, maybe next time.

If I could have attended I would have been johnny on the spot to sign up

In the meantime, i read all i can about it
That and listen to the pod cast
Next best thing since I won't be there

Everyone is gonna have a swell time !

This is my first DIS event that I will be attending. Can anyone tell me exactly what 'credentials' are?
Last Year for the 'Dis Unplugged Mega Meet 10 Year Anniversary', there was 1) a lanyard with a specially designed logo 2)a very nice 'Pintrader' style pin 3) a special skin for your magic band. There might have been one or 2 other small items, but those three are the ones that I have as part of my Disney Collection; that is the stuff I'll keep forever and a day. I can not wait!popcorn:: Hopefully they'll add more meetups soon. I've been checking this thread at least twice a day since last Monday hoping for updated.:surfweb::badpc::surfweb:

I received my new round magic band last night! I put it on, and it felt slimmer, but when I measured it with my digital calipers, I was surprised to find it was thicker by about .5mm...

the original one has an antenna in the band in it that stiffens it up. the new one is just a single layer of whatever material they are using.

I got my magic band on Saturday. I went for orange, I thought it looked close to the orange of my car. Actually, I wish my car was as orange as the magic band!
I think I will wear orange so when I'm lost, maybe some of the DIS people will help me get found. LOL

Attachments

• orange magic.jpg
    orange magic.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 15
the original one has an antenna in the band in it that stiffens it up. the new one is just a single layer of whatever material they are using.
The new ones are definitely much more comfortable, more flexible, and as a result, feel thinner and lighter even if that isn't actually true.

Thanks to Mr. Bryan "Accident" your info on MagicBands was awesome. It was really great to read. I feel like I almost would know what to do. Of course, I will still get lost and all, I probably should figure out where the "Lost Adult" building is, I probably will issue myself a Fastpass for it.

Quick question:

How long did it take you to receive your 20th Anniversary ID Number? We registered for the event, bank account shows it's pending, but have yet to receive the ID Number to move forward with the actual registration for the Epcot Party. I also didn't receive a conformation email that I registered for the event...

Thanks in advance!

Quick question:

How long did it take you to receive your 20th Anniversary ID Number? We registered for the event, bank account shows it's pending, but have yet to receive the ID Number to move forward with the actual registration for the Epcot Party. I also didn't receive a conformation email that I registered for the event...

Thanks in advance!

I registered for the event around 3 this afternoon and had my confirmation number by 6:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter