Dis Board Withdrawls!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I think yesterday was the first day EVER that I didn't post anything! YIKES! I promise to be better this coming week. It's been a busy school council week. Lots of interesting things happening! S

LOL Sandra. :teeth: I know what you mean though... it isn't very often that I go a day without posting at least something, or writing private messages.

Have a great weekend!

I've been off the boards for a few days as well--a flood in our basement has been all consuming. Today we had to pack everything into boxes so the insurance company can come in and replace the floor and maybe some walls. It'll be nice when it's done. Where do we get all our STUFF?????

Oh No Kathy! A Flood! That's terrible. I hope all works out for you.

My busy times lately are school and work related. My Disney Workshop is in 10 days. I have all the rough outline done, audio tape is done, charts are done. I just need to make overheads and photocopies. It will be FUN! Today I plan a lot of time on it. Things are changing at Disney with EE back, Caravan gone, Visa vs. Amex, no Disney Club after Dec 2003. A lot of the material I already prepared is outdated! So it's back to the drawing board for some things.

Our school is having a BIG Craft Show and Sale Nov 30th! It's a big venture for us. I am on the school council so I am involved. The lady in charge is awesome! She really should be our Chairperson. But instead our Chairperson is a bitter petty women who is trying to put a stop to the event because she isn't in charge of this one. It's sad for her really, because now her true colours are showing and people are really starting to turn against her. She is self distructive. But in spite of her, the show will go on with the fabulous support of the Principal and VP. The team running the show works great together. I am planning the rafflle part. Well, back to it! Chat soon! S

I know what you mean Sandra C! I usually have time to make a few posts during the day at work, but lately its been tooo busy :rolleyes:

disneyvacationmom, sorry to hear about your basement flood. I hope it didn't destroy too much of your stuff. :(

Sandra best of luck in your Disney workshop. I will be thing of you as I am touring WDW at that time
:D :bounce: :Pinkbounc :D
Hope everything goes well in your school's craft show. The chairperson should realize that you are there for "the kids"

Oh, Kathy, so sorry to hear that you've had a basement flood! What a mess that must be! Best of luck getting everything packed up and with the new walls and floor.

Well, Sandra, aren't last minute changes/updates "always the way"? :rolleyes: Hope it doesn't take you too long to get it all done! Again!!

Sorry to hear your Chairperson is being negative about your Big Craft Show! As Mike said, she's just thinking of herself and not the kids!

I often go a day or two without posting something, though you can be sure that I'm still reading a thread somewhere here on the DIS! ;)

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. This has not been my week. First the flood,and a weekend in the wetlands packing up-then a fire in my oven today-no I don't usually burn dinner but somehow a cork trivet got in the oven-don't even ask-moral of the story-don't put cork in the oven-the smoke from cork is thick and black-I yell for my husband(who works for the fire department) and he puts it out with our trusty fire extinguisher. ( I didn't know how to work it-oops) Needless to say my Yorkshire pudding were inedible thanks to fire extinguisher powder. Now I must get of the boards so I can clean my oven that has burnt cork and white powder all over it--in the meantime, my husband just came in and thinks his transmission has gone in his car--that makes 3 things-next week should be better.LOL

YUM Yorkshire pudding a la mode. Sorry Kathy! It's time to make a cup of tea and look at your Disney vacation pictures!

Well, the Disney workshop is just about done! What fun it was today to work on it!

Yes, our chairperson is a little selfish. She is tight with the fundraising chairperson and they send out one fundraiser a month! They are always disappointed with the results. When we tell them that there are too many fundraisers, the reply, "We know, but we like doing them." It's just a case of them wanting to do it for them and not for the community and school. But that's okay because it's all about to change. We have an awesome lady working with us on the school council. We are writing letter's to get community support. So instead of attacking the parents ALL THE TIME for money we are asking the community for help.

Last year our grade 6 classes of 80 kids had to share 15 text books. That's just horrible. We managed to buy 15 more, but that's still not enough. I guess it's like that everywhere.

So, that's what I've been up to lately! But I miss my Disney life! Chat more soon! S

I just got a message that there was a big blow out at school this morning between the GOOD and EVIL side of the school council. I am just waiting for the details. You reap what you sow. This is silly. S

SandraC,

Geez, these boards are SO addicting!!! There has been something wrong with our phone for 4 days now!!! Telus couldn't find the problem so we had no phone and no DSL for 4 DAYS!!! So, just got home from work...guess where I went first? :rolleyes:

Good to be back :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter