Dis Breast Cancer Survivors - GAGWTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me in! :wave2:

Thanks, Laura, for doing this, I think it's great. There seem to be a lot of us here, and a lot of others looking for information or needing support when they find a lump or have an abnormal mammogram, etc... Thank you, too, for the clipart.

Others?

My mother survived breast cancer, my friend's mom died from breast cancer (M) and another friend's (B) grandma has aggressive breast cancer. It's just not the same though.

I'm very glad you both made it. I can't imagine life without my mom...I can't imagine how M is making it. It must have been hard. Give me a :bitelip: if I'm being Ms. Nosey Pants but did you guys do radiation or chemo?

Congrats!

TigerCheer, I can only speak for myself but I did the full gamut. :bitelip:

Since your mother had breast cancer I hope you know you need to do monthly breast self exams and start having mammograms at a young age. If you have trouble getting them find a doctor who will work with you on it.

Yes I know. I'm sorry for being a nosey pants, Pea-n-Me. It really wasn't my place but my mom had a LOT of problems post-surgery and during radiation. :sad2: Didn't mean to offend if I did!

My mom said that I was going to start them as soon as I was old enough. I was going to start at 20. (She said that if I wasn't going to do it myself/mammograms/that she'd drag me.) I can't take that risk!

I truly admire all of you, and think your all sexy :)

Pop Daddy said:
I truly admire all of you, and think your all sexy :)
Why thank you, Pop Daddy! :cool2: (And let's not forget this, my favorite response to you since you first made fun of my name. :badpc: ) No, really, thanks for always responding to these posts, you must have a very kind heart. :hug:

TigerCheer, no offense taken! I guess I should have put one of these :) after this :bitelip: :rotfl:

I've been 3 times lucky! Three biopsy's - all of them negative. Like you, Pea-n-Me, I can't stress enough the importance of monthly exams! No ribbon in my siggy, but I proudly have one on my car and wear the pink bracelette!!

In the last year, I've lost my MIL & SIL to breast cancer....do you monthly exams, my DIS Friends!

Laurabelle, how cool are you to start this thread?!

PopDaddy - what a wonderful reply!....and I couldn't agree more!

Thanks for this one!

Very nice, guys. :hug: As you know, Marie (Lady M) is a survivor also, surgery, chemo and radiation. A little over 7 years now from when she was diagnosed. God wishes and prayers for everyone. :hug: Someday it will be beaten for good, for all.

TigerCheer2009- I'm an open book about my bc. I had surgery and chemo. I have two dds, they were 2 & 4yrs old when I was dxed. I'm a 6 yr survivor, and grateful to be here to raise them! I don't know how old you are, and I'm not trying to freak you out, but a very good friend of mine got bc when she was 22yrs old, and she's a 9 yr survivor. Learning (and DOING) self breast exams is our best tool, as young women, to detect bc. I run an online support group for young women (dxed under age 40) with bc and I'd say 95% of us found our bc through either self or clinical breast exam. Don't let it scare you as a survivor's dd, just be proactive...that's what I'm going to teach my dds.

Thanks Pop Daddy, we survivors are pretty sexy!

Congratulations to all of you. I went through radiation last year from a tumor on my neck; it was a rough experience. All clear now, and I'm thankful for the experience and the knowledge it gave me. I met many strong woman through my treatment, and for that I'll always be grateful.

Strength and love to everyone here!

That didn't freak me out, Laurabelle! This is such a supportive place. Glad to know that it can happen to anyone. I thought that it'd be the end of the world for my mom, but it wasn't. It's not the end of the world...it's the beginning of a healthier future! I wear my "mothers-daughters-sisters-friends" bracelet. For every purchase, it pays for 1% of a mammogram. A good cause to support, don'tcha think?

PopDaddy-I will be sure to tell my mom!!! Thanks!

Hi. Add me to the list. They found my DCIS at my first baseline mammogram. I had a mastectomy without radiation. I've been on Tamoxifen for three years. I'll be a four year survivor in September. I'm always open to talking to DISers going through the breast cancer ordeal. But I say I'm proof that there is life after cancer!

Now I'm off to see if I can add that cool clipart to my signature. Thanks.

Another survivor here, it will be a year on May 27th since my mastectomy surgery. I did not need chemo or radiation, my lymph nodes were clear and the invasive tumor component very small but I had widespread DCIS so lumpectomy was not an option. No lump was present, it was diagnosed through a mammogram, at age 50.

I am unsure how to add the ribbon to my signature. Can anyone explain itstep by step? I tried going to user CP but I was not sure how to add the clip art. Thanks.

Congrats MerryPoppins & snappy!
To add the clipart, copy the link I gave you, http://webclipart.miningco.com/library/Menu/ribt8.gif and go to User CP and click on Edit Your Signature. Then paste the link, adding
on the end.

Yes, thanks to you, Laurabelle. I was trying to copy and paste the actual image rather than the URL for the image. Boy, did that ever not work.

This feels as good as getting my tag from the tag fairy.

I wonder if the tag fairy is a mother and is busy opening up her Mother's day cards and presents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter