Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

I went to the surgeon yesterday, and I am opting to go aesthetic flat. The DIEP would involve at least 2 surgeries with at least an overnight hospital stay and 6 week recovery time each.

The flat surgery will only be an outpatient surgery and 2 week recovery.

It is 2 years to the week that I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I have been thru a lot and I’m ready to be done with surgeries.
Big hugs. It couldn’t have been an easy decision. :grouphug:

This thread caught my attention since a family friend is going thru her second bout of breast cancer. She just returned from a great trip to DL in October to receive the news that it was back.

Just want to say you are all true warriors!

#hoosierfan - glad you have a good plan and recovery

Cry me a River peeps, cry me a river. Lots of tears here yesterday
The biopsy of my leg break tissue came back as lung cancer. Absolute devastation.
Many decisions will be made I am sure.
I have a blood clot in my r leg. Have a filter in my stomach, coiled left hematoma, rod and screws jammed up my left knee and femur etc. My l leg looks like a marshmallow man
Celebrated ds3 bday without me.They need some normalcy
Told me my favorite aunt died
Checked out 2 rehabs. Dh and ds3. Now that is on hold. I can only pivot to chair with a nurse on each arm, Pathetic.
One day at a time, As a goal a big family Disney vacation was discussed!!
GAGWTA

The biopsy of my leg break tissue came back as lung cancer. Absolute devastation.
I have a blood clot in my r leg. Have a filter in my stomach, coiled left hematoma, rod and screws jammed up my left knee and femur etc. My l leg looks like a marshmallow man
Checked out 2 rehabs. Dh and ds3. Now that is on hold. I can only pivot to chair with a nurse on each arm, Pathetic.
GAGWTA
Oh my goodness, luvmarypoppins, I am so sorry to hear the new cancer diagnosis. One day at a time is the way to proceed until you know what your treatment plan will be. Please keep us posted. We care. Condolences on the loss of your favorite aunt.

GAGWTA
I am so sorry to read this lmp. 😢 Sending you big hugs. :hug:

Very sorry to hear the new diagnosis, lmp. It's been such a very long journey for you over the years. :hug:'s You've come through so much, so often, you will again. My prayers are with you, as they are with all of you wonderful people here. You all are an inspiration to me. :hug:'s

If anyone is considering a double mastectomy and wants to learn more about the Goldilocks reconstruction, please send me a private message. I'm happy to share more and pics too. you need bigger breasts for this to work, so a D cup I would say at least. I am a nice full A cup and it's all my own tissue. It's the same type of skin sparing you would have if you used implants, but it's all your own skin and you're just small breasted, but not flat. I just wore a bathing suit and I have cute little breasts now, so happy!

If anyone is considering a double mastectomy and wants to learn more about the Goldilocks reconstruction, please send me a private message. I'm happy to share more and pics too. you need bigger breasts for this to work, so a D cup I would say at least. I am a nice full A cup and it's all my own tissue. It's the same type of skin sparing you would have if you used implants, but it's all your own skin and you're just small breasted, but not flat. I just wore a bathing suit and I have cute little breasts now, so happy!
Thank you for sharing this!

My news update is I am at a good rated rehab. I took 6 steps. Not easy.
Oncologist said I do not have lung cancer
I do not have brain cancer. Had brain mri.
I have a Nero endocrine tumor that has thrown lung cancer cells into my leg?
Will need leg radiation
Will need pet scan to try and find tumor. Need follow up where they will take me to oncologist. Sure that will be $$$ no transport covered by insurance
Ds said these are poorly differentiated with poor prognosis???
GAGWTA

My news update is I am at a good rated rehab. I took 6 steps. Not easy.
Oncologist said I do not have lung cancer
I do not have brain cancer. Had brain mri.
I have a Nero endocrine tumor that has thrown lung cancer cells into my leg?
Will need leg radiation
Will need pet scan to try and find tumor. Need follow up where they will take me to oncologist. Sure that will be $$$ no transport covered by insurance
Ds said these are poorly differentiated with poor prognosis???
GAGWTA
Thank you for the update. I’m glad you made it out of the hospital and into rehab!
I’m glad they were able to identify what’s going on with you and am hopeful they can offer you successful treatment.

Keeping you in my prayers. 🙏🏻 :grouphug:

lmp-- Glad to hear you are in a good rehab facility now. It sounds quite complicated so hopefully your oncologist can shed some light on the situation once you can see the doctor in person. Big hugs!!! :grouphug:

Happy Almost Thanksgiving to all.
My newest update. Today is the pet scan. Read some hospital notes and played dr. Google. Consistent with what ds had said to me.
I’m going with adenocarcinoma stage 4.
5 year survival rate 11%.
Maybe they will find primary site.
I just don’t want my family not respecting my wishes.
In other news…ds3 has covid. Dh has checked into a hotel. Goodbye family Thanksgiving.
GAGWTA

Thinking of you, Luvmarypoppins. Are you still in the rehab? Have you been able to walk much? Let us know how it goes with the pet scan. Sorry to hear DS3 has Covid. With his profession, I am sure he is high risk. Hope you stay negative.

Happy Almost Thanksgiving to all.
My newest update. Today is the pet scan. Read some hospital notes and played dr. Google. Consistent with what ds had said to me.
I’m going with adenocarcinoma stage 4.
5 year survival rate 11%.
Maybe they will find primary site.
I just don’t want my family not respecting my wishes.
In other news…ds3 has covid. Dh has checked into a hotel. Goodbye family Thanksgiving.
GAGWTA
Hugs. Write out your wishes in a type of living will, so it’s clear what you want.
Hope things are going ok and that you at least get to see some of your family on Thanksgiving. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter