Dis Breast Cancer Survivors Part IV - GAGWTA

HI Everyone!

Penny-Welcome to a great group of loving ladies that will support you through.

Smiley- I think it is wonderful you are still going on your Disney trip!!! I think its awesome your daughter and your family are doing so well in treatment. Hears to creating good memories.

I love that song too. I never thought of it applying it to us and it is so true Pea N Me!

Snappy- How did everything turn out? Sounds great.

Lisa- How are you doing Chica? Hope you are getting your energy back. Take pictures on your trip.

LMN- Have fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Sha- Where you been girl? How are you?

Merry Cheryl- How are you guys?

It is very busy here. Sister is great!!! Son is out of town for big animal term on a farm. We went shopping to buy him food and clothes for his stay there. He says that you have to wade through the mud/poo (happy I made him get a pair of the tall rubber boots). He said most got stuck in it and because he was the only one with those boots he was deemed the "rescuer"! We talk after 6:30 PM because he can't have his phone with him and he doesn't want to drop it in the poo! LOL I don't know if I told you all he has the internship here. That makes me nervous too! Gotta to let him go and grow! Daughter is off for the month of December. She goes to school year round. I liked it.

Greetings from the Beach Club.

Got to meet Teena, the BC greeter. She was battling breast cancer last year too. She is a sweetie for sure.

Mon. dh enjoyed his crab legs and we enjoyed watching Illuminations in the drizzle and slight wind and rain.

yest. we ate at Le Cellier. I am thinking we might skip it next time. Enjoyed the Osborne Lights at night.

Today going to the GFC for lunch and to see the gingerbread house and tree. Tonight maybe illuminations again and tomm...

Lisa I cant wait to meet you.

I have typed a memo for dh yest. He talks to guys before the Beauty and the Beast show, hmm?? Guess he cant leave the work, but then I never expected him to,. Just wish he would make more of an effort, sigh, sigh.

Hopefylly we will go swimming on saturday, of course he day before we leave is the nicest of the week.

I think we will come around this time next year before the real rush. And of course there is a bounceback offer in the room for 35% off so that will help alot.

Our room is looking right into crescent lake and the atlantic dance hall is to the right. Nice view.

GAGWTA.

Leaving for the Mouse House shortly for MVMCP - first time we're doing that in six years!

Looking forward to meeting MaryAnn and praying for lots of energy to get through the next two days. :)

Have a good time this month with your daughter Candy! :goodvibes I can't wait to have my daughter home again, it's been nearly 2 months now that she's been in the hospital and treatment center.
We have not been on a plane since before all the changes due to 9-11. I am almost overwhelmed reading what to pack in check in and carry on, etc. I hope I do everything correctly! only 6 days to go!

Good early morning sitas

Cansy - your ds sounds well prepared. Good your dd ishome for a while.

smiley - Enjoy your trip

Well after over 25 texts and 2 parks later I am :):) to say I got to meet Lisa and her lovely family. We took a quick picture too. I was beginning to think I was Kim Possible on a mission to find Lisa!

Lisa - hope you enjoy the upcoming tour. Sounds fantastic for the holidays.

Well yest. we did 3 parks and the Candelight Processional. Michael W. Smith was fantastic.

I think we are changing our plans for the next 2 days to fit in swimming tomm. So it will be the captains grille for the breakfast buffet, then animal kingdom and then Rose and Crown dinner.

Tomm. will be epcot, swimming and who knows what else. I have a chefs de france reservation for dinner later, but we need to pack and do the last minute shopping. thinking of hitting of the boardwalk bakery for the ds.

GAGWTA

Whirlwind WDW trip! Happy to say that I was able to meet up with MaryAnn even if it was a short visit. We were only there 24 hours, so we were quite busy. I feel badly that MaryAnn had to go through so much to meet up with us. I completely understand her Kim Possible reference lol.

MVMCP was fun, but a little too cold for my liking. Even though it was 43 degrees, it felt more like 23 to me. We Florida girls do not like the cold! If I ever go to another one, I will definitely go on a weeknight again. Much less crowded and easier to get around. I was also glad to be at OKW. It's the first time I've stayed there in over four years. I was reminded of why it's my favorite DVC property.

Went for my labs today. I needed a Prokrit shot, which I kind of expected. I hope it boosts my energy some more. Meg and are I planning on doing the Holiday Lights tour later this month and I know that will wear me out! Looking forward to it as I have been wanting to do this tour for several years now.

Hello ladies! Its been a while since I've visited the thread. Life has seemed to be crazy since I got home from WDW in October! I cannot believe that it is already December and I am going on vacation again in about 7 weeks. Just got to get through Christmas first!

Had a scare with the anemia - they were thinking it could be all kinds of things, mostly bad, up to and including a new blood cancer. But the tests show that my bone marrow seems to have just taken a longer vacation than expected. My levels are coming back up and I can actually feel the energy returning. Now I just have to hope it continues. Bone marrow biopsy was not fun and if I had dawdled a few more weeks I could have avoided it. But it is definitely not the worst thing that has been done to me over the past few years.

See the urological oncologist on the 15th for my next scope. So I am already into my "twitchy" stage of worring about a recurrence. If all goes well, I will not need another round of treatments. If things look like I should do the treatments, I should have just three weeks to squeeze them in before my trip. I won't be feeling great but I'll hope for nice warm pool weather! And lots of margaritas.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I think of all you ladies frequently and always remember you in my prayers!

Linda

Good afternoon sistas

Lisa - hope you are recovering from your whirlwind trip. Sorry your counts were down. Hope the shot helps.

PatsMom- hope your onc. visit goes well. The same thing happened with me too about the bone marrow. I am glad its one less thing for you to worry about.

Well its our last day here. Went to boardwalk to get the ds some stuff and then had lunch at Le Chefs de France. They were not taking walk ups, but of course I got on the laptop at 10 am and booked a nice 12:20 lunch and cancelled our dinner there. There are so many clueless newbies here for sure. Some lady asked a cm about what those buildings were (The epcot resort hotels:rotfl2:

I must be crazy as we are are going to MK tonight. Parade taping. But I want to see wishes and the castle at night. Havent seen that yet.

Last night we went to rose and crown to eat and who checks in at the same time as us but no other than Diser Ray Sharpton. He is solo so we had him join us and then we did illuminations. He is such a sweetie and his scooter is so nicely decorated with the Mickey wreaths.

Dh swam for a bit, way too cold and windy for me to try it. I had goosebumps already just in the regular weather.

I'm jealous. Ray has been a DIS friend of mine for years, but we have never met. Wish I could have had you give him a big hug from me. Hope all the trips are going smoothly.

I'm busy. I went from sale to Thanksgiving visitors to working on our church bazaar. That ends Wednesday and I need to finish Christmas prep. Whew.

Checking in for a quick hello! I realize I've been MIA lately......been really busy, but in a good way. :). hard to believe that Christmas is coming up so soon!

Speaking of Christmas, DH and I went to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday for the first time. It was awesome, incredible, amazing and INTENSE!!! :thumbsup2. Anybody else ever see them?

LMP, glad you are having a good trip!

Linda, hope all goes all at your visit. I understand the "twitchy" feeling. Great way to describe it. Guess I'm feeling a bit twitchy myself these days, I go for another CT scan, also on the 15th, to determine my fate. Here's hoping we both get good results.

Lisa, hope your energy is improving. Sounds like you had a good time on your whirlwind trip!

Linda, yay for good results!

Smiley, I'm sure you are having lots of fun!

GAGWTA!!!:goodvibes

Lisa, LMP- Where are the pictures? I hope you are feeling better and have more energy soon Lisa. LMP sounds like the trip is exactly what you and your hubby needed!

Linda- So good to hear from you. I hope your upcoming appointment bears good news!

Cheryl- Always good to hear from you. I am glad you are busy with "GOOD" things!!!!! :)

Merry- You are in a whirlwind of activity!!!

Smiley- Hope you have a fantastic trip! Enjoy yourself and your babies!

Sha?? Where you at? Gonna send out a posse to look for you! :laughing:

So DS passed final of farm. He actually loved it. Loved the horses, cows and chickens. He didn't care for the apachas! They spit. Now its on to his externship. I worry about him because he hates animal cruelty and gets upset if he sees it. I hope he handle the research part. Not that they are cruel in his externship but I hope he can deal with it.

DD is enjoying her time off with her Aunt and Nana. I am going to take a few days off to spend with her.

I have been working a lot. My last job is Thursday and then there is a long break before there is another party. I am so happy! I can't wait to have my Saturday's for a minute.

PNM- Thanks for the info. How is your son?

GAGWTA!

Linda - I am glad your mri turned out great. See your Red Sox are getting Bobby V.

Candy - glad your son passed and enjoyed it. Hope the next experience is good for him too. Enjoy some time off.

Sha and Laurie - hope you are both ok

Merry - we were going to meet up again. I texted Ray, but he didnt respond. He is there for almost 2 weeks and doing stuff with the allears meets this week.

Cheryl - I know one of the ds saw the Orchestra and said it was amazing too. I hope your cat scan goes well.

smiley - enjoy your trip

PatsMom - sorry you had to go through so much testing.

Well I am trying to get caught up with stuff, regular mail, e mail, laundry, somehow the ds didnt do the towels or their laundry or the dishes etc. etc. Not happy. I know they have school etc. but just because we go on vacation doesnt mean they should too:)

On the trip I had the abdominal/pelvic pain again. One time it took my breathe away. Its scary for sure.

Today I start the new bp med - Tekturna in addition to the lisinopril. Linda, what do you know about this one?

MaryAnn, ok here, just beyond busy.

Supposed to be off Friday, then I will have more time.

I have been MIA for my mom and my sister too so I am very:guilty:

Glad you had a good trip. Sorry you experienced the abdominal pain. That must have been distressing.

Hope everyone in treatment is doing well.

Linda - I am glad your mri turned out great. See your Red Sox are getting Bobby V.
Yes. We'll see how it goes. Most people here are missing Tito. But we're keeping an open mind. :)

Today I start the new bp med - Tekturna in addition to the lisinopril. Linda, what do you know about this one?
We don't use it much based on the results of the ASPIRE Trial.

Patients receiving Tekturna in the ASPIRE trial, which included 820 patients, also had a higher rate of hyperkalemia, hypotension and kidney dysfunction compared with the group receiving standard therapy alone. ASPIRE is one of 14 trials in the ASPIRE HIGHER clinical trial program evaluating Tekturna's potential benefit beyond blood pressure reduction.

http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/novartis-tekturna-doesnt-help-after-heart-attack/2010-03-16

Good afternoon sistas

Linda - thanks, I am going to run this by the endo when I get my bp checked if she is there next week.

Laurie - Sorry you are so busy. Glad you have Friday off. Hope you can get some "me" time in there some how. Bet you will be glad to have your dd with you for the holidays.

Well its one of those days around here. Raining outside. Then the washer is broken, really broken. Dh doesnt know if it will be worth it to fix it. He has to take a look when he has time which is non existent these days. Then our toilet had plumbing problems again. I think this has been the year of broken stuff around here for sure. I just want to have a normal day, but who knows what that is lately.

Forgot to say that when we were there we booked our next trip for May and November at the Beach Club. It was 35% off the room. Dh wants to save his ff miles to take the boys somewhere, fine with me.

GAGWTA. Blessings to you all always.

LMP-So sorry about the broken Washer. That is a stress maker. We had to go to the laundry mat for a few weeks before we broke down and bought one on credit. Going to the Laundry mat was an irritating and energy breaking chore. I hope you can get it fixed. Well at least you have your Disney trip to look forward to!!!

Snappy- I hope you get some down time too. Don't forget to take care of yourself!! I hope things get better with both your Sister and Mom. Hang in there Sista.

PNM-You always have helpful info. Thanks for your info on my other babysitting thread. I don't know what is up with that other poster. I finally had to ignore them. I don't think anything would have mattered to them. I truly believe that some on here just like to argue.

All my other sistas GAGWTA!

So we had another Vacation meeting and everyone was in attendance this time. We had it at a small apartment of my neice and her husband. I figure this will let us know how we all will get along. It went very well! Yeah!!! All the guys got along and were talking trash on one another with the playstation. I think this will be a good trip!!! Everyone says that they want to do Disney next year. So we shall see.

DD is spending her time off with my Mom. Mom has been under the weather so DD will help her out. I work 2nite and hope it will be over early so I can get home at a decent hour. This place is only supposed to hold 350 and they are having 500. So I know there will be hardly any room to walk, carry or place food. :headache: The crowd is so big we have to have teams for each quadrant of the room. More :headache: I started not to take this one (but hey I can use the money) and now I am thinking I shouldn't have.

It is very cold here and it dropped drastically. It was 50 degrees yesterday. I hope everyone has a good weekend!!!!

Hi Candy, cold here too, first time it went down below freezing over night, down to 28. Ice on the cars outside.

Wish you did not have to work tonight. Hope it goes smoothly, but it sounds challenging.

Maryann, I hate when a major appliance goes out. I marvel how dependent I am on them. They really help us leverage our time, I guess I take them for granted most of the time, except when something breaks.

When is your May trip, late or early May?

We have been mostly having car issues. DH used to work on cars in the old days, now with the hours he works that is impossible but he still likes to try and "diagnose" the problem. He was able to get some stuff running on DD21's car when she was home for Thanksgiving so that was good. One was just a bandaid but the real part can be ordered.

We managed to decorate over the weekend but still have more lights to put up outside. I seem to be having a love affair with LED lights. I discovered them a few years ago at the Target after Christmas 50% or 75 % sale so it galls me to pay full price but that is what I have done. I particularly like the twinkling LED lights which seem to be the Cadillac of lights, so I am buying some and interspersing them with the other LED to "stretch" them. It actually works pretty well.

However, the squirrels who frequent our yard seem to really like gnawing on the strings so we have to keep replacing them.

The expense is worth it to me as I do so love looking out the windows of my kitchen and my front porch and seeing the lights.

I picked up another tabletop live tree for the kitchen island like last year from Whole Foods since our part chow doggie Naj is still a little terrorist about grabbing things.

Good thing is the little tree is much easier to put up and decorate than the big one (plus easier to dispose of) and I mostly just have Disney plush and a few special beaded ornaments on the tree so it makes me think of WDW.

A friend of mine who likes Disney and has expressed interest in going with me before mentioned it again last night. She was talking early May though, and I am definitely going May 31st for 10 days, so that might not work.

Good for you for scheduling two more trips with the discount, MaryAnn. It pays to plan!

Thanks for posting the info on then new drug, Linda. I had not seen that story and I find it very interesting. I no longer see an oncologist. Do you think I should maybe make an appointment with the oncological surgeon who did my mastectomy in 2004 and followed me until 2009?

Nice to talk to you guys again. Thanksgiving went well for me since I took extra days off but about did me in. A lot of cleaning, shopping, cooking, and then more cleaning up and then trying to focus on spending time with DD21. I may have posted this but with her graduating next May I am getting this premonition that extended visits are fading into the sunset. We are going simple for Christmas and visiting my sister down the river to see the bonfires on the levee. I hope to get a few pictures of that but I am not sure how they will come out as they don't light them until nightfall of course, but as there are literally hundreds along the levee, it is quite the sight. We have not made the journey in several years as it is on Christmas eve and we usually go to mass but this year we are changing things up a bit and doing mass Sunday am.

Candy, what fun it is hearing about your trip planning events. I love the idea of going on trips with a large group although I guess planning must be critical.

Cheryl I have a Christmas CD by that orchestra, and I love it. I need to locate it and get it on my iPhone.

Smilie, enjoy your trip. I hope the plane ride does not bother you.

Linda, you have been through a lot. Hope the next scope goes well.

Lisa, hope you get a nice bounce from the prokrit shot. I am jealous you guys were able to meet up while MaryAnn was there. Hope to meet you too someday.

Good morning sistas

Candy - your trip planning sounds fun. You are certainly the organizer for sure. It sounds like you all get along really well. Wow, that is alot of people tonight. Sounds like a fire hazard too. I hope it goes well and is not to stressful for you.

Linda - Lisa and I both took one picture. I dont know how to post anything.

Lisa - You could post the pic if you can. Hope the procrit is giving you a pep in your step! I notice the B12 shots help me alot. I need one. I am overdue.

PatsMom - I hope you are not feeling too twitchy. At least the holiday stuff might take your mind off it in the meantime.

smilie - have a great trip

Laurie - we are going the 17th to the 23 I think. I have to look up the dates. We have to be home before memorial day week end because that is when dh catchs up on the work he missed etc.

I am working on the christmas cards today. Its a chore. I also write one of those yearly family letters and sunday I am holding everyone captive at church and try to get a picture because ds22 said last sun. he is refusing to take a picture, so much for cooperation.

Dh briefly looked at the washer. The electronic components are fine, something else is really broken, so much so parts were falling off in his hand, plastic parts or pieces of them. I saw a new one was $800, Well I guess that will be the family christmas present this year.:) The washer really is not that old but is in use constantlly. They sure dont make them like they used to. The guy already said the refrig. will last about 6 years.

I am doing a little dining report on the dining review board. Its almost done.

GAGWTA. I guess you know what I will be doing this week end.:)

Good afternoon sistas

Laurie - its good that your dh knows how to fix the cars. I am just picturing those bonfires. I remember how you shared that your sister was sharing the story of the custom with people at Disney.

Sha - do you have a trip planned this week end or maybe its next? Hope all is well. We miss you!

Candy - how was the party/dinner? Hope not too overwhelming for you.

Well dh talked to the whirlpool rep on the phone. As suspected its the worst case scenario. He said the part is close to $300, would need to be shipped maybe and any technician would have to spend hours installing it he said.

So basically what he is saying is that we need to get a new washer. Oh joy!

Ds20 was asked to play Joseph for some Christmas thing at church. He just has to stand there with a costume. Today he is at some nursing school informational meeting. I hope he gets all his questions answered. (He just said over 600 people applied for about 60 places )- not good odds for sure), we gotta pray.

The other day during his volunteer work he had to so some filing in an office and a dr. came in. He was bad mouthing some nurses ds said and talking about patients?. He is the top breast cancer surgeon at the hosp. and is also one of the top ny metro surgeons supposedly. I told ds who he was. He also saw someone from his old job who was a patient.

GAGWTA. Have a great week end everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter