DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info – DISapalooza (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Sunday everyone!

Hi everyone. Happy Saturday evening. Loving the new FIOS. The download speed is fantastic. The DSL used to take at least 10 minutes to download a podcast. Now its just a couple of minutes.

Kim

Good for you Kim. :thumbsup2 I've been waiting for FIOS since December and it's still not lit up on my street. Engineering issues (my a$$!). ;)

I got something new in my siggy today! Just had to let it be known:yay:!

:woohoo: Shanan :woohoo:

I know that there was some talk of a meet at the (DVC) Merry Member Mixer before heading to the DAP event on Saturday, but it appears that they aren't holding MMM's this year. So - we'll just have to amuse ourselves some other way.

I know that there was some talk of a meet at the (DVC) Merry Member Mixer before heading to the DAP event on Saturday, but it appears that they aren't holding MMM's this year. So - we'll just have to amuse ourselves some other way.

I think we can manage something....:dance3:

Welcome back.
Congrats!!! I love your photo on FB.:rotfl:

I hope you can make it to DAP. Did you get developer points? I don't even know what they are doing for promotions now.

We have been wanting DVC for the past 3 years. On our last trip we rented points and stayed at the Boardwalk and that pretty much sealed the deal! When we no longer had a car payment about a month ago, and the MIL decided to chip in 100 a month towards DVC it really started to look like it was time to buy DVC.

The last DISmeet we went to at the D2D store they were giving you $13 credit per pt. so it ended up being $99/pt for AKL with the buy in at 100 pts. Yesterday when we went to the 2 year anniversary they were giving a $10 credit per pt. Making it $102/pt, so it is only going to continue to go up. They showed how Contemporary was $29 a night back in 1971 and now the rack rate is $500, so who knows what a room will be in 2050? They also gave a limited edition pin of BLT and a lithograph of one of the pictures that are in the BLT rooms. For AKV we also received Dec 2008 pts and all our dues are pro-rated, so from Dec of 08-Sept 09 we didn't have to pay dues on those pts.

But the real clincher was Aaron's face when Mickey and Minnie had to leave the dance party! Aaron was very shy of the characters at WDW but we had so much one on one time with them that he was able to open up and actually gave both of them multiple hugs! It was awesome! :wizard:
100_5048.jpg

It is pretty neat too! After we bought in we called the MIL and she said she had told her fiance that the one thing she wanted to do before she died was sit out on the balcony drinking coffee and watch the giraffes. She was crying!

Sorry, for the long post! But we are excited!

One of these days I'll be able to convince DH to buy into DVC...I may have to bust out that chicken recipe...:rotfl:

Welcome Home, Shanan!! And congratulations!! :banana::cool1: Now you know the secret!! :goodvibes

(sniff, sniff)

Ahhhhhhh...I love that new thread smell!

Hi everyone!

Hi John!

Sounds like early DATW stretching too me. :woohoo:

Hey everyone!
Getting excited!! :cheer2: I was happy to see the hours posted for the TSM event. I'm wondering whether my mother and kids will make it with a 9:00 pm start time so I may come to that solo - we'll see if Mom thinks she can handle it.

Putting in my order for good weather!

We have been wanting DVC for the past 3 years. On our last trip we rented points and stayed at the Boardwalk and that pretty much sealed the deal! When we no longer had a car payment about a month ago, and the MIL decided to chip in 100 a month towards DVC it really started to look like it was time to buy DVC.

The last DISmeet we went to at the D2D store they were giving you $13 credit per pt. so it ended up being $99/pt for AKL with the buy in at 100 pts. Yesterday when we went to the 2 year anniversary they were giving a $10 credit per pt. Making it $102/pt, so it is only going to continue to go up. They showed how Contemporary was $29 a night back in 1971 and now the rack rate is $500, so who knows what a room will be in 2050? They also gave a limited edition pin of BLT and a lithograph of one of the pictures that are in the BLT rooms. For AKV we also received Dec 2008 pts and all our dues are pro-rated, so from Dec of 08-Sept 09 we didn't have to pay dues on those pts.

But the real clincher was Aaron's face when Mickey and Minnie had to leave the dance party! Aaron was very shy of the characters at WDW but we had so much one on one time with them that he was able to open up and actually gave both of them multiple hugs! It was awesome! :wizard:
100_5048.jpg

It is pretty neat too! After we bought in we called the MIL and she said she had told her fiance that the one thing she wanted to do before she died was sit out on the balcony drinking coffee and watch the giraffes. She was crying!

Sorry, for the long post! But we are excited!

Congrats Shanan and Jason! Very exciting!! Sounds like you got a good deal. I thought the buy in was 200 point or so? Vinny is the one who wants to buy in, and I'm the one who is hesitant... I really want to buy in, but, we spent a lot of money recently on work to our house, and I would feel more secure if we waited and saved up to pay it in cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter