DIS Divas Just Wanna Have Fun! (TR starts on p.22) Updated 4/14

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
It's getting closer! What is you ask? Time for the DIS Divas to hit Disneyland once again. :cool1:

For anyone who's missed our giant trip planning threads on the Disneyland board, I'll start with a little history behind the trip, and an introduction.

My name is Beth. :wave2: Here I am!
DSCF5838-1.jpg

I am a SAHM with four kids. I grew up in Southern California, but lived in Northern Michigan from 2004-2007. While living in MI, I got the idea to start a Ladies Only Trip to Walt Disney World. We took that trip in 2006 and it went great. We had over 40 ladies, it was a blast and to this day I am still very close to several of the ladies from that trip.

Fast forward to 2007. By then we'd moved from snowy MI to sunny Nevada, and had bought family annual passes to Disneyland!! It was so nice to be back in the park that I grew up going to and considered to be like a second home. :goodvibes

In November of 2007, I decided to start a thread on the Disneyland section of the DIS to see if there was any interest in a Girls Only Trip similar to the one we did in WDW.
Well, needless to say there was plenty of interest and the first annual Girls Only Disneyland Trip took place in April of 2008. We had a huge group of ladies, and it was definitely a success!

So that brings us to where we are now; about a month and a half away from the second annual Girls Only Disneyland Trip which will take place March 5-9, 2009. We have over 50 ladies signed up, with a nice mix of trip "veterans" and "newbies".

The excitement is building, the planning has been going full steam ahead lately and I just thought it would be a nice time to start a pre-trip report. So grab a fun drink and join in as the count down begins to the Girls Only Trip!! princess:
tropical-drinks.jpg

OK, quick confession time, I have two reasons for starting this PTR right now.
One, because the trip is finally getting closer and a PTR always makes it seem more exciting. :cool1:

And two, because I just had two molars pulled yesterday and am recovering at home in bed. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it was still pretty unpleasant. And right now I am bored out of my mind, tired of watching videos, STARVING and looking for something to keep me occupied. :rotfl:

I just want to warn you though that I am on pain meds, so please, if something doesn't make any sense or is spelled completely wrong, blame it on the Vicodin. ;) Thanks!

Great Start Beth! Nothing spelled wrong yet.:cool1:

My name is Tracey, and I am one of the newbies going on this trip although I read along on the board with all the ladies that went last year and read the trip reports and died of envy. I was so thrilled when this years trip was announced! I just knew I had to go along. Not sure when I talked to my hubby about it, but he pretty casually said, "Sounds Good Momma, what ever makes ya happy". I am fairly certain he was not paying attention, because when I brought it up again, I had to convince him that we had already discussed it. But I did not bring it up again until after I had booked the airfare, so there was no changing his mind.

Here's a picture of me at my favorite place last year on the family trip that went awry and caused our do over trip this Feb.

image25.jpg

Hi! I am also a newbie to the Dis DL Ladies-Only Trip. However, I did attend the WDW Ladies-Only Trip in 2006. That was a blast! I am looking forward to this one at DL!

I am (just turned) 32 years old with a DH and a 4 yr old DD who would just DIE if she knew her momma was going to DL without her. We went on a mommy-daughter trip this past June and we are planning on taking her again in the Fall/Winter 2009. So she will live...as long as she doesn't know that I am going solo.:ssst:

I need this trip desperately! I am a full-time student trying to get my Bachelors in Education (1 1/2 yrs left-woot!) and a full-time teaching assistant in a 5th/6th grade classroom...along with those duties, I am a mom, wife, and a do-er of all things domestic :laundy:. So basically, I need a break! lol

I am looking forward to making some great friends and having a blast!

Here is a pic of Beth and I at the 1st WDW ladies-only trip:
2323232327Ffp3nu32986978WSNRCG32-1.jpg

My name is Tracey, and I am one of the newbies going on this trip although I read along on the board with all the ladies that went last year and read the trip reports and died of envy. I was so thrilled when this years trip was announced! I just knew I had to go along. Not sure when I talked to my hubby about it, but he pretty casually said, "Sounds Good Momma, what ever makes ya happy". I am fairly certain he was not paying attention, because when I brought it up again, I had to convince him that we had already discussed it. But I did not bring it up again until after I had booked the airfare, so there was no changing his mind.
Hi Tracey!! I'm so glad you joined this time! :) And you've done a great job of jumping in there, making friends and taking part in all the planning. For those who don't know, Tracey is overseeing the VIP Tour that some of the ladies are taking.

I have to say that is too funny about your hubby not really paying attention!! Sounds like a typical guy. ;)

I love that picture of you btw! I think it's the first one I've seen of you! :goodvibes

Hi! I am also a newbie to the Dis DL Ladies-Only Trip. However, I did attend the WDW Ladies-Only Trip in 2006. That was a blast! I am looking forward to this one at DL!

I am looking forward to making some great friends and having a blast!

Here is a pic of Beth and I at the 1st WDW ladies-only trip:
2323232327Ffp3nu32986978WSNRCG32-1.jpg
Yes, Miss January is one of the ladies I met on the WDW trip! I'm so glad we've remained friends all these years. She's truly a sweet heart and I can't wait to do another trip with her. And she's going to be my roomie! :cool1:

OMG, I remember that pic!! Whispering Canyon Cafe right? LOL You look totally adorable and cute as always. I on the other hand.........:crazy2: What kind of smile is that I'm making??? :rotfl2:
I will say that I'm very happy to report that shirt is too big for me now!! :yay:

Hi everyone!

My name is Jane and I am also a newbie on the Divas trip this year. I started thinking about going this past summer and at that point my DH and DS were going to come along and I was going to just join up for a meal or too. But, since Beth and I both live in the greater Las Vegas area we were able to meet up for lunch and shopping one day along with one other Girls Trip attendee who also lives in the area. Once I met the two of them and we made plans to travel together I was able to convince my DH that I could and should go without the boys this time!

So, a little bit about me... I am 33 years old (although I don't feel like I can possibly be that old most days) and I am the mother of a 16 month old little boy. I grew up in Northeastern Ohio and went to college in Michigan, then moved back to Ohio for grad school. After grad school I moved to central Illinois for 3 years, then central Pennsylvania for 3 years and then 2.5 years ago my DH and I made a major move and came out to Las Vegas.

In addition to my jobs as a wife and mother, I am also a full time college administrator whose main job function is to advise the fraternities and sororities on the campus where I work. My DH also works in higher education although at a different school from me, so between the two of us we are a pretty busy family. Because of my job responsibilities I have to work a few evenings a week and typically one weekend day every month. Due to the hecticness (I don't think that's really a word, but it is now!) of raising a toddler and trying to keep 1000 college students in line, I use DLR as my escape from reality! I try to get there 5-7 times a year (we are premium APs) for at least a 3 day weekend if not longer. But, ever since my DS was born my Disneyland trips have been very different as you can imagine. Seriously, I think that my son could spend the entire day with Chip 'n Dale and/or Pluto at the Visa meet and greet OR on the King Arthur Carousel. So, I am really looking forward to a trip that is all about me and doing what I want to do!!!

Oh, and I think it's important to know that although I have been a Disney girl from birth, I never got to go to either DL or WDW as a kid. My first trip to either park happened when I was 26 and my DH (then DBF) and I were attending a conference in Long Beach and we added 2 days to the front end of the trip to check out DLR. At that point I thought that going to DL was just something to bide my time until we could go to WDW (which we did 2 years later) and I never imagined that we would someday move to the west coast and become APs!

We haven't received the PP cd from our Christmas trip yet, so I am adding a picture from our Halloween trip. I tried to find one of just me (none at all!) or one where my DS is smiling, but unless there is a character in the photo, he has the same stoic look on his face in all of them. So, forgive the fact that my son looks like he is being tortured by being at the parks... I swear that in real life he loves DLR just as much as I do!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the trip and meeting all of the other DIS Divas!!!

image0817.jpg

Hi everyone, my name is Sarah and I too was on the original Disneyworld trip but this will be my first ladies only disneyland trip! I am very excited about seeing my friends again and meeting all these wonderful ladies!
IM001584.jpg

This is me and January and one other lady on the first trip! I am on the left and January is in the middle!

IM001629.jpg

And here is one with January and Beth and a couple other ladies from our disneyworld trip! Beth is on the right and January is second from the left! Can't wait to create more memories and make more friends!

I am 30 years old and was a travel agent for almost 4 years at one point in my life! I loved being able to go to disneyland whenever I wanted. I am now working in a completely different line of work which I really enjoy though I work a lot of overtime. I have a 3 and a half year old son named Ryder whom I adore! and a 6 month old baby girl named Kiera who is teething right now....I am ready for a vacation. My dh and I have been married for 7 years and he understands my disney needs as I relate them to his computer needs! He is very supportive of my time away and for that I am very grateful.

A friend of mine from work, Heather (Lilycat) will be coming along on this trip and I am really thrilled to get to do this!

I will say that I'm very happy to report that shirt is too big for me now!! :yay:

Yes I can definitely see how it is! Congratulations!

I haven't been on a Dis ladies trip yet.

Here I am from late '07. Ignore the boys with me; they won't be there during this trip. Well, unless they sneak somehow. If anyone sees them, let me know. :)

ry%3D400

(this thread could also be seen as a photopass advertisement so far...)

I used to be a chiropractor, and someday I might get my license back and get some education in the very floaty and wonderful CranioSacral Therapy and do that...but for now I'm home with my 4 year old, with plans to homeschool (right now at this moment DS is working on letters and pre-reading with DH at DS's request). I'm opinionated :mic: , and after a lifetime of being too shy to speak up :blush:, the internet has set me free. Combine that with an inability to say things sweetly sometimes, and, well, I'm just hoping no one hates me:scared: . Toocherie can't hate me; she already seems to like me and is my roomie so she's stuck with me! :flower3:

puckerup:

Hi everyone!

My name is Jane and I am also a newbie on the Divas trip this year. I started thinking about going this past summer and at that point my DH and DS were going to come along and I was going to just join up for a meal or too. But, since Beth and I both live in the greater Las Vegas area we were able to meet up for lunch and shopping one day along with one other Girls Trip attendee who also lives in the area. Once I met the two of them and we made plans to travel together I was able to convince my DH that I could and should go without the boys this time!
Hi Jane! I'm so glad our lunch with Amy convinced you to come alone. It's going to be great. I'm so excited. And I love that pic of you and your little guy. What a cutie!

Hi everyone, my name is Sarah and I too was on the original Disneyworld trip but this will be my first ladies only disneyland trip! I am very excited about seeing my friends again and meeting all these wonderful ladies!

A friend of mine from work, Heather (Lilycat) will be coming along on this trip and I am really thrilled to get to do this!
Hi Sarah. Yep, another wonderful lady I've known for awhile now and am very thrilled to get to spend time with you again. OMG, those pics from WDW are something else. Why is it you and January always take a good pic??? :rotfl:
And I can't wait to meet Heather!

Subscribing!
Hi Cheryl. :)

Yes I can definitely see how it is! Congratulations!

Here I am from late '07. Ignore the boys with me; they won't be there during this trip. Well, unless they sneak somehow. If anyone sees them, let me know. :)
Thanks! I'm working on it but I still have a ways to go. Anyway, I'm so excited your coming and I can't wait to meet you. Oh, and it's ok to be opinionated. Who isn't? ;) It will take more then that for you to scare us off. LOL
I love the pic of you and your guys. We'll keep an eye out for them though. :thumbsup2

Well, I was planning to start off with more trip plans but my pain meds are kicking in again. I already fell asleep once. :rolleyes1
And while I know that some people (Molly! lol) think that drugged up posting might be more fun to read, I think all I'll end up doing is drooling on the keyboard! And that could be dangerous, so I'll have to get into the nitty gritty details tomorrow. ;)

In the meantime, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, here is a slide show with a few pics from our first trip.
Disneyland Ladies Only Trip slideshow

Hi everyone!

My name is Jane and I am also a newbie on the Divas trip this year.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the trip and meeting all of the other DIS Divas!!!

QUOTE]

Hi Jane, I can't wait to meet you. Your son is so darling.

Hi Sarah, Thanks for posting the pics. It is really fun to put a face to all the names. Looking forward to meeting all you Washingtonians. Maybe we can set up a support group for all of us when we can't get to DL often enough:)

Toocherie can't hate me; she already seems to like me and is my roomie so she's stuck with me! :flower3:

puckerup:

Hi Molly. Really looking forward to meeting you in March. I always love your outspoken sassy perspective. Life is too short to shut up all the time, ya know?? All boys and men that try to follow will regret it! Even if they are really darling pirates!

Ok, I'm loving this thread. It's so good to have one place to attach names to faces to DIS names!

I'll continue the hijacking of this trip report with a little about me.

I'm Jen :wave2: And here's me and my boys having a dole whip for Bawb.

IMG_0507-1.jpg

I'm in my late 30's (and this will be my last year to say that :sad2: ), live in the SF East Bay Area, have two boys, ages 3 and 5, and have been going to DL and WDW pretty regularly since my boys came along. I work in marketing for a technology company and am fortunate to be able to work primarily from home - which means I'm pretty much on the computer all day long. My kids are not aware that I'm going to DL without them in March and my DH seems supportive. Let's just say he wouldn't dare to put up a fuss about DL Ladies trips as he needs my continued support for his yearly boys poker trips to Vegas and Reno.

I was on the DL Ladies trip last year, but only for a day and a half, so I left before Beth arrived.

I'm not taking meds, but I am falling asleep here too. I'm boring myself I'm afraid...that's why I will stay away from writing my own DL trip report.:sad2:

Can't wait to see you all in March!

Hi Tracey!! I'm so glad you joined this time! :) And you've done a great job of jumping in there, making friends and taking part in all the planning. For those who don't know, Tracey is overseeing the VIP Tour that some of the ladies are taking.

I have to say that is too funny about your hubby not really paying attention!! Sounds like a typical guy. ;)

I love that picture of you btw! I think it's the first one I've seen of you! :goodvibes

You are too kind Beth. I have had a really wonderful time getting to know everyone online. Oh, and the VIP tour. Well, I'm sort of a control freak(but don't tell anyone!) and I have been planning my dream VIP for a long time now. So I am just thrilled to have this opportunity.

Okay, after your very sweet comment on my picture, I was afraid you wouldn't recognize me when I showed up and you would send me away when I showed up at the pizza party. You see, I like change. In the original picture, my hair was long, and also had been permed for about a year. Before that, just long and about as straight as yours. Well, given that my age is a bit more than yours, and I have a bit of grey, the perm coloring thing was giving me anxiety as I really hate over processed hair. So...I decided to go short and sassy. This is what I really look like, except I have lost 10 pounds:):

MyRecentPic.jpg

Ok, I'm loving this thread. It's so good to have one place to attach names to faces to DIS names!

I'll continue the hijacking of this trip report with a little about me.

and my DH seems supportive. Let's just say he wouldn't dare to put up a fuss about DL Ladies trips as he needs my continued support for his yearly boys poker trips to Vegas and Reno.

Can't wait to see you all in March!

I love this thread too! And Beth told us we had to participate, and I always do what Beth says.:flower3:

I just helped my hubby and his friends book their Vegas trip for the end of March:thumbsup2

Very excited for March too!

Hi there! I'm Tina, and this will be my first official Ladies Trip. Even though I was at DLR last year during the first Ladies Trip, I couldn't hang with the girls because I was with a stinky boy;) Well, I really do love my hubby, and he's not stinky at all, but I was so jealous of all the girls having such a great time, that I just had to go without him this year!

Last year the Ladies trip took place during the food and wind fest at DCA, so we met up with this guy:
077.jpg

That is me and Marty, with Guy Fieri in the middle.

We go to DLR often with our premium APs, and my mom often comes with us, so I thought I'd bring her along on this trip. I'll have to find a photo of her to post later.

I'm very excited to meet everybody in March. Lets just hope the crowds aren't like this:crowded: :crowded: :crowded:

Aw, I love everyone's pics! It is nice to get a face with the name.

Jane...your little guy is a DOLL!!:goodvibes

Subscribing!

Beth I wish I could be there the whole time. Hopefully I can make it for 1-2 days. I have a job interview on Wednesday but as of now it would only be a seasonal position but hopefully they could keep me on.

I need moola:lmao:

Subscribing!

Beth I wish I could be there the whole time. Hopefully I can make it for 1-2 days. I have a job interview on Wednesday but as of now it would only be a seasonal position but hopefully they could keep me on.

I need moola:lmao:

I hope you can make it, too!

Good luck with your job interview!pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter