DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

YES! This is soooo true!

Thank you both :) I'm okay..just officially realized I am lactose intolerant and have irritable bowel syndrome..oh lucky me..LOL.

Could be worse ;)

Bummer! I am glad it isn't more serious though!

Those cupcakes look like so much fun! I think I am going to try my hand at those tomorrow or sometime this week.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Mine is ok so far. Yesterday wasn't so fun. I lost my job. I have been suffering from some depression, and have missed quite a bit of work, so yesterday I went to the doctor, and he suggested that I lower my hours at work to see if that might help. Well the boss didn't like that, so I got let go. :( I am kind of relieved cause I didn't really like the job that much anyways, but it still sucks to get fired! Also it was decent money.

So now I gotta get hunting for a new job so I can go on all my planned Disney trips. My only problem now is, I have no idea what i want to do. I really don't like to work, which is one of the reasons I get depressed, so it's really hard to me to find a job that I can stick to. So we will see what happens in the next little while. For now, I am just going to enjoy the extra time with my son. :goodvibes

So sorry to hear this. I am a believer that a lot of things happen for a reason so I am just going to think lots of great thoughts for you that this trial will lead to the right thing for you!

Hi all.

Since I've been gone forever and a day, and there are so many new people...I figured I should do an intro...so here goes.

I'm Amy. 41 years old, mom of 3. I live in Albuquerque, NM. Moved here a year ago from Vegas. I went to the Diva trip in 2009 (I think?) and got to see some of the Divas in Vegas as well from time to time.

After the 2009 trip I went through a horrible divorce. Was painful and exhausting, but the best thing I ever did. Unfortunately, it made it difficult for me to participate much.

Last year I was offered a position here in Albuquerque and I decided to take a chance and accept it. It was pretty scary since I didn't know a soul here (had never even been to the state!), but everything has fallen in place since that moment. I LOVE my job, I'm able to have a much better work/life balance, and it's a great place to raise kids. If that wasn't enough...shortly after arriving I met the most amazing man. We've been together for almost a year now and I can't imagine life without him. He also has an incredible, huge family who have adopted the kids and I without hesitation. So....life is busy, but great.

He knows (and accepts) my love of Disney, and encouraged me to plan on the next Diva trip (since I talked about it so much)...so here I am! :cool1:

We're planning a surprise trip to WDW with the kiddos in May. I can't wait. He's never been, and neither has my youngest.

I caught up with the entire thread (phew!) and I promise to keep current but I don't post near as much as I should.

Hobbies....movies, reading, food/wine/beer, scrapbooking, travel, art, theater...and Disney of course!

I look forward to seeing old friends again, and to meeting new ones!! :grouphug:

Amy

Yeah! So glad you are back!

As for the Sunday of the family fun weekend...it left a little to be desired. Oh well, there is always next month.

Later gators!

Hubby did do that in the end, vanilla frosting with multicoloured sprinkles :)

Sprinkles are my favorite part. They do not even have to be orange. I do have orange ones, though.

Happy Saturday, everyone!! :goodvibes
I went out to Kohls today.

I have never shopped at Kohls. I know a lot of people who do, but the few times I have gone in, did not find what I wanted at the price I wanted, so lost interest.

I started reading them to my son a few months ago. I read out loud to him so we get time together and once we are done with the book we watch the corresponding movie together! It's a lot of fun!

My whole family has read the series. My DD is quite taken by them. I think she has read all of the books 3 times, a few of them up to 6. She is now 12.5, but started the series in 3rd grade. Kid is a fanatical reader...but only of science fiction and fantasy, the lovely little nerd.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Mine is ok so far. Yesterday wasn't so fun. I lost my job. I have been suffering from some depression, and have missed quite a bit of work, so yesterday I went to the doctor, and he suggested that I lower my hours at work to see if that might help. Well the boss didn't like that, so I got let go. :( I am kind of relieved cause I didn't really like the job that much anyways, but it still sucks to get fired! Also it was decent money.

Sorry about the job situation. The economy sucks all around. I lost job hours in June and fell into a major funk, but am finally digging myself out of it with baby steps, finally started swimming again which helped massiviely.

Hi all.

Since I've been gone forever and a day, and there are so many new people...I figured I should do an intro...so here goes.

I'm Amy. 41 years old, mom of 3. I live in Albuquerque, NM. Moved here a year ago from Vegas. I went to the Diva trip in 2009 (I think?) and got to see some of the Divas in Vegas as well from time to time.

After the 2009 trip I went through a horrible divorce. Was painful and exhausting, but the best thing I ever did. Unfortunately, it made it difficult for me to participate much.

Last year I was offered a position here in Albuquerque and I decided to take a chance and accept it. It was pretty scary since I didn't know a soul here (had never even been to the state!), but everything has fallen in place since that moment. I LOVE my job, I'm able to have a much better work/life balance, and it's a great place to raise kids. If that wasn't enough...shortly after arriving I met the most amazing man. We've been together for almost a year now and I can't imagine life without him. He also has an incredible, huge family who have adopted the kids and I without hesitation. So....life is busy, but great.

He knows (and accepts) my love of Disney, and encouraged me to plan on the next Diva trip (since I talked about it so much)...so here I am! :cool1:

We're planning a surprise trip to WDW with the kiddos in May. I can't wait. He's never been, and neither has my youngest.

I caught up with the entire thread (phew!) and I promise to keep current but I don't post near as much as I should.

Hobbies....movies, reading, food/wine/beer, scrapbooking, travel, art, theater...and Disney of course!

I look forward to seeing old friends again, and to meeting new ones!! :grouphug:

Amy

Hey other AMY!!!

Spent to day at toocherie's house with lulubelle and my kiddo. Good food and even better friends.

Hope everyone's Monday is better than we all fear!!!!:cool1:

Hi! Hope everyone had a good weekend. My DBF and I went with my sister and her fiancé and my niece to San Diego this weekend. We did Sea World Sat and Sun. It was a lot of fun but the weather was a little chilly.

On Sunday we went to Hob Nob Hill for corned beef and cabbage. It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I actually just had waffles with strawberries but everything was really good!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi all.

Amy

Welcome back Amy!!

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. That is all.

Good afternoon and happy Monday! :cool1: Oh, let's be real, it's never truly a happy Monday, is it? I feel like I've said this the last 3 weeks, but where did the weekend go???? :confused3

One more week of school here and my kiddos are off for Spring Break. Whoo hoo. Of course, we don't have any fun plans, but they are tickled to just stay home and not go to school. We'll probably try to catch some free shows, or go to the park to enjoy the nice weather. Something like that.

I need to get working on their Easter baskets, too! I try to find useful items to include in their baskets as opposed to lots of candy or dollar store trinkets. So far, I've got them each a new pair of flip flops. Much needed for summer fun! Trying to think of other ideas...

Hope you are all having a good day so far! Toodles! :wave:

I have never shopped at Kohls. I know a lot of people who do, but the few times I have gone in, did not find what I wanted at the price I wanted, so lost interest.
When we lived in Michigan, I went a couple times and never bought a thing. I thought they were way over priced!! And, they are. But, I've since learned the trick to shopping there and that's with coupons, sales and deals.
The shirt I got Ruben was originally $20. It's this one: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1186743/newport-blue-the-great-escape-tee.jsp
You'll be pleased to know, I got it in the Adobe color, not the Bahama Blue, which is like a burnt orange!! Perfect design for summer with the palm trees, and good with his coloring.
Anyway, yesterday, it was on sale for $11.99. I've learned to never buy anything there that isn't on sale. Inevitably everything goes on sale for 40-50% off with plenty of sizes still in stock. Then with my coupons I got from their emails, it brought the cost of the shirt down to $3 and change. Not bad! Can't even get that price at Walmart.

Sometimes their items are hit and miss, but that's the way any store is. Juniors department has cute clothes most of the time. Shorts are too short for Noelle, but she loves the bright colored tops.
So, there was my tutorial on how to shop at Kohls. :p

Glad you had such a nice visit with Cheryl and Linda. :goodvibes

Hi! Hope everyone had a good weekend. My DBF and I went with my sister and her fiancé and my niece to San Diego this weekend. We did Sea World Sat and Sun. It was a lot of fun but the weather was a little chilly.

On Sunday we went to Hob Nob Hill for corned beef and cabbage. It was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. I actually just had waffles with strawberries but everything was really good!
Hey Miss Sarah!! That sounds like a great weekend. I love Sea World. Didn't they have a new baby whale there? Or was that the Sea World in Orlando... hmm. Waffles with strawberries sounds much better than corned beef and cabbage. I think you made a wise choice. :thumbsup2

Easter baskets: when my kids were little I started getting them a new swimsuit and beach towel every year for Easter .... they loved it and always looked forward to it ... they never did figure out that it was just mom being cheap since I'd have to buy that stuff anyway!!!! :rotfl2:

Good afternoon and happy Monday! :cool1: Oh, let's be real, it's never truly a happy Monday, is it? I feel like I've said this the last 3 weeks, but where did the weekend go???? :confused3

One more week of school here and my kiddos are off for Spring Break. Whoo hoo. Of course, we don't have any fun plans, but they are tickled to just stay home and not go to school. We'll probably try to catch some free shows, or go to the park to enjoy the nice weather. Something like that.

I need to get working on their Easter baskets, too! I try to find useful items to include in their baskets as opposed to lots of candy or dollar store trinkets. So far, I've got them each a new pair of flip flops. Much needed for summer fun! Trying to think of other ideas...

Hope you are all having a good day so far! Toodles! :wave:

I usually get Taylor different items. Depends on what strikes my fancy when i am out or what she is into at the time. This year, she is getting a few rolls of duct tape in her basket. They looked fun and were on sale.

Hey Miss Sarah!! That sounds like a great weekend. I love Sea World. Didn't they have a new baby whale there? Or was that the Sea World in Orlando... hmm. Waffles with strawberries sounds much better than corned beef and cabbage. I think you made a wise choice. :thumbsup2

Yep, a baby Shamu was born on Valentine's Day. They actually had the baby in the Shamu show. It just follows along right next to the mom.

It was so cute and so little compared to the mom but actually weighs about 350 pounds!

I can't quote on this phone (or if I can IDK how) but new swim trunks from the Easter Bunny sound brilliant!

I usually get Taylor different items. Depends on what strikes my fancy when i am out or what she is into at the time. This year, she is getting a few rolls of duct tape in her basket. They looked fun and were on sale.

I made a tote bag out of an old shirt and purple duct tape.

They make so many colors and patterns now. They even do a prom dress contest every year.

I went back to Kohls today. I had another $10 coupon, but mine was just a straight $10 good towards anything for any amount. Between yesterday and today, I spent about $12 and got a tank top for Noelle, 8 pairs of socks with fun designs, a tee for Ruben, and a shirt for Lindsey. I was very, very happy with my deals! :cool1:

They're running the Kohl's cash promo too. But unless they have a good sale on something we actually NEED, I won't spend that much after all the discounts to get one of those $10 coupons. LOL

I made a tote bag out of an old shirt and purple duct tape.

They make so many colors and patterns now. They even do a prom dress contest every year.

She makes wallets and tons of other things with the duct tape. And she likes to cover most stuff with it too. Lots of colors and patterns to choose from. She loves that stuff. if she sees a roll that is new, she has to have it.

Wendygirl!

Your tee shirt is sitting in my car ready to be shipped. It's been there for awhile. Sorry! :rolleyes1

How is your mama? :hug:

Auntie Mel!

Glad to hear it's in your car and not lost in mail land!

Mama is having a rough time. They started radiation treatments too soon and it made her very sick. Turned out nobody ordered her lab work and she didn't know she was supposed to have them before her first treatment. She is slowly but surely feeling better ever day.

I found lots of orange clothes in the clearance section of Target. Shorts, dresses, skirts, jackets and tops, they had it all - one could really go all out!

Too much green beer, eh? ;)

Green beer makes me laugh.

Easter baskets: when my kids were little I started getting them a new swimsuit and beach towel every year for Easter .... they loved it and always looked forward to it ... they never did figure out that it was just mom being cheap since I'd have to buy that stuff anyway!!!! :rotfl2:

Smart woman. I put rolled up socks inside plastic eggs for my DD's backyard egg hunt one year. She thought it was the funniest thing that the Easter Bunny brought her socks. Her mammoth socks would not fit these days.

Or Irish Car Bombs.

Wow, celebrating with the big leprechans. A million years ago when I was young, I went out with the same group of friends for St. Paddy's day. i was known as the token redhead.

Another good thought. So far the kiddo is getting a couple of books and a Minecraft themed necklace...

Mama is having a rough time. They started radiation treatments too soon and it made her very sick. Turned out nobody ordered her lab work and she didn't know she was supposed to have them before her first treatment. She is slowly but surely feeling better ever day.

I found lots of orange clothes in the clearance section of Target. Shorts, dresses, skirts, jackets and tops, they had it all - one could really go all out!

Wendy!!! Sorry it was so rough on you mamma. Glad to hear that the awfulness is getting behind her.

I bet you look good in a deep reddish orange. Totally hotty mctrotty!!

Coming next year? Doing my DisDivasAmyOkraSueDamnSkippyPhotoScavyPubCrawl? Otherwise, and affectionately known as the DDAOSDSPSPC.

You know you want to and wear orange orange orange.

Hope everyone had a tolerable Monday.

AmyOkraSueWhoDrankWayTooMuchOfHerHubby'sHomemadeBeerTonight.

Thanks for some ideas on easter baskets! I never know what to get Seth. I got him some chocolate and an Easter Pluto so far. Not sure what else to get. All the little toys are for older kids. I was hoping to find a nice tshirt or something. A swim suit is a good idea. Gonna head to the Disney Store in a couple days anyways. Might have some luck there. :)

You guys are so good. I got my kids a Berenstein Bear book about Easter...to share. My mom usually gives them Easter baskets and I figure they don't need more than one each. We dye eggs and do a hunt but that's about it. I think I might go and buy my daughter an Easter dress this year though.

Just finished watching Biggest Loser! Love that show! I wish I could look even half as good as some of the contestants! Wow!

Have a great night!

Good morning, ladies!! One day down, four more till the weekend! :cool1:

Linda, you are too funny. I do the same thing, give my kids things they can actually use and that I would have bought them anyway. I do that a lot around Christmas. Every little thing gets wrapped up and called a gift. :thumbsup2

Stacie, Irish Car Bombs sounds dangerous. In more ways than one!
I love the duct tape idea. They have so many patterns now. It's not just for redneck parties anymore. ;)

Sarah, awww, that sounds so cute. Baby Shamu. I love it. How many Shamus are there now and why don't they name them something different. lol I want to go back to Sea World. Wonder how expensive it is now.... (yeah, right! lol)

Hi, Karisa! :wave2:

Lisa, I am with you on the Kohls cash. I rarely spend enough to get it, unless I'm shopping at Christmas or buying something pricey like Ruben's shoes.

Wendy, I'm sorry to hear your mom is having a rough time. That sucks she had to get so sick because of a mistake someone else made. :sad2: But, I'm glad to hear she is feeling better every day.

Amy, I'd love to watch some of the Divas trying to say "DisDivasAmyOkraSueDamnSkippyPhotoScavyPubCrawl" after they've had a few. I can barely say it now! :rotfl2:

Hi, Andrea! How're you feeling?
I always found it easier time shopping for my kids baskets when they were younger. Now, it's so much more expensive! Hope you find something cute at the Disney store!

Sarah, I miss dressing my kids up!! We haven't done that for awhile. But, each year the girls would get new dresses and Adam a new dress shirt. We'd take pics and it was so fun. Now, I'd probably just get the eye roll if I suggested doing that. :rolleyes2

Anyone here watch Dancing with the Stars? I didn't watch last season, but I watched last night. The girl from Shake It Up, did awesome!! Wow. I wanted to watch mainly because I love Wynonna Judd, but she was a little.... stiff last night. I like her though! I hope she stays and has a chance to improve. Kellie Pickler did really well, too. When she she cut her hair so short?
Anyway, it was fun to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter