DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Hey Sarah - good luck with the race(s) this weekend. And to all other Divas running - good luck!

And a big congratulations to Jen (MrsPinup) and the birth of her beautiful baby girl yesterday!princess:

Hello all! Just checking in. 2 days of school under his belt and my son is getting in the groove. I think he really likes his teacher. My daughter met her teacher today and didn't want to leave, unfortunately school doesn't start for her until next Tuesday. Well, have a great long weekend everyone!

Oh, and I booked the hotel for the one day Disney trip on the way back from our lodge vacation over New Years...very excited!

:cool1:

Just strolling through..
I found out my sister gave a little push this weekend for my parents to rent a dumpster and FINALLY call the realtor to list their home.

My mom wants OUT of their lake home before winter, it's too hard for her (73) to keep up with the property and the driving back and forth for the many doctor's visits my dad needs. Dad likely needs a PCA/ nursing assistant to help every day. My mom has been doing it all and wound care and juggling appointments and keeping track of his meds and administer his insulin and and and and.... she's just DONE. I worry about her, she looks so tired and stressed. :worried:

Anyone looking for lake property near Duluth, MN? I can give you all the details. :)

Hi, Cristabel! Oooooh, look at your ticker! A little under 5 months until your WDW trip! And with the holidays coming, time is going to fly by.

:sad1:
Sadly my trip has been postponed. Until when? I don't know. Priorities have been reshuffled so the trip is on the backburner.

Good luck to all the Divas running this weekend! I'm sad I'm missing the 10k, but life happens. I did get an Alice in Wonderland stroller/carseat set from two of my aunts and my cousin that I just adore:

24368161-5500-4d7e-b159-7e65a80e7bc6_zps261409f1.jpg

I can't wait to take her on her first Disneyland trip one day. princess:

5 more weeks until she should be making her grand appearance.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. :goodvibes

Hello, ladies!! TGIF!! Wow, finally. What a long first week of school. I'm happy it's a 3 day weekend. Even though we don't have any plans, I'm just looking forward to catching our breath!

Have a great weekend, everyone. :goodvibes

Every year I feel older and older - the students are totally unconcerned with missing an entire week of classes and I'm the one freaking out for them. :eek:
Hi, Dawn! Those youngins....acting like they don't have a care in the world. lol Must be nice, huh? ;)

My to do list is sooo long i dont know how I am ever going to get it done, but come h*ll or highwater, my daughter and I are off to WDW this Saturday! :hourglass
Hi, Kit! Have a great trip and safe travels!! :yay:

why is my ticker wrong :confused3 It should say 3 days.
It wants you to leave sooner. :thumbsup2

Hi all! My mom and I will be heading down to DL tomorrow night. I haven't been since the Diva trip. It feels like forever!
Hey, Sarah! Good luck this weekend. Say hello to everyone for me. :cheer2:

And a big congratulations to Jen (MrsPinup) and the birth of her beautiful baby girl yesterday!princess:
Hi, Bridget! Yes, congrats to Jen. I've seen pics on FB, mama looks great and baby is so cute!

Hello all! Just checking in. 2 days of school under his belt and my son is getting in the groove. I think he really likes his teacher. My daughter met her teacher today and didn't want to leave, unfortunately school doesn't start for her until next Tuesday. Well, have a great long weekend everyone!
Two days down, 178 to go! lol Glad to hear all is going well so far, Sarah. :)

Anyone looking for lake property near Duluth, MN? I can give you all the details. :)
Hi there, Bernice! I'd love a lake property.....can you do something about the snow though? :p
I'm sorry to hear it's been so rough on your mom, and I hope she is able to get some help.

Sadly my trip has been postponed. Until when? I don't know. Priorities have been reshuffled so the trip is on the backburner.
What? Aw, Cristabel, that sucks. Bummer. I'm sorry to hear that. :sad2:

Good luck to all the Divas running this weekend! I'm sad I'm missing the 10k, but life happens. I did get an Alice in Wonderland stroller/carseat set from two of my aunts and my cousin that I just adore:

Hi, Wendy! What a cute stroller and car seat set. I love it. Oh, who am I kidding, I love all baby stuff. It's so fun to shop for! I love seeing it too, so feel free to share pics of all the cute baby stuff you are getting. :teeth:
Only 5 more weeks, huh? Wow. October birthdays are the best. :thumbsup2

Hi ladies! It looks like everyone is busy! Big congrats to Jen, the new baby is just beautiful.

We're heading over to my sister's tomorrow evening for a little get together and gender revealing of my niece's baby. She had the ultrasound on Thursday, but her mom has been out of town so she won't tell anyone until she gets back tomorrow.

School starts on Tuesday for Kid #2; she's moving to a different school that will help her to catch up because the CA school district did not include many of the classes she needs for graduation in WA. Today we're going to see our hairdresser to get her hair cut for school and we'll probably head to the mall or Kohl's to pick up a new book bag. Her grandmother took her school clothes shopping when she went down to visit over the summer, so that's a big relief.

Oooohh, that would be awesome Lisa! Just don't tell your mother that you moved.

Oh, we would NOT be moving. ESPECIALLY not to Portland. Nope, no way. Nuh-uh. First, we are still upside down on the house, so we can't afford to sell it. Second, no way am I living within an hour drive of my mother. Nope, no way. Nuh-uh. LOL

Oh I love that Seester!! It's super cute!! 5 weeks, it will fly by!!

Oh, we would NOT be moving. ESPECIALLY not to Portland. Nope, no way. Nuh-uh. First, we are still upside down on the house, so we can't afford to sell it. Second, no way am I living within an hour drive of my mother. Nope, no way. Nuh-uh. LOL

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Bummer! But good for you for being responsible. It sometimes sucks being an adult!

Well, dh and I had a date night last night. We went and saw The Wolverine. I really have enjoyed other Marvel X-men type movies so thought I would like this one...but can you say VIOLENCE :scared1:. I had my eyes covered for a bunch of the movie! It really is too bad because the plot was decent...it just was overshadowed by a TON of violence. Oh well, both kids were at overnights and my dh went to power lift in Mukilteo this morning so I got a bunch of PTO work done and am making a double batch of chili and bisquits for dinner and leftovers! Tomorrow we are headed to a BBQ at my aunts house in Anacortes, and Monday we are either going to the waterslides or to see the movie Planes...depending on the weather. Well, I hope you all are well and having a safe long weekend!

Take care,

Wendy, love the stroller! :cloud9:

Lisa, you crack me up! :laughing:

Jen had her baby? Aw!!!! princess:princess:princess:

Heather, the kids around here started school already on the 8th of August. Too early if you ask me. How nice for grandma to buy clothes for your daughter. :wizard:

SarahMay, sounds like that movie is NOT for me! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Bernice, looks like your Mom is ready for a change. I'm sure it is hard facing these kind of things. Why don't you and Eloy go and live in her place? Sounds nice, right on the lake and all. :cloud9:

Sarah, how did the race go? Did you guys see very many Divas?

Beth, how did the kids do in school this week? How did Mama do with an empty house? :sad1:

Went to my sister's place last night for the baby gender reveal. My niece handed out cupcakes and we all took a big bite at the same time. There was blue frosting in the center! Leo Thomas is due on January 23rd. My mom was just about bursting to find out. Mom asked her a couple of weeks ago if that meant she and her husband were going to skip the family trip in July, since he'll only be about 6 months old. My niece said "heck no, we'll have a stroller!". And since there are 14 of us not including the baby, there will be no shortage of people to stay with him while mom and dad do the bigger rides.

Just stopping by with some news ... Jessica finishes her graduate program next week and is moving back from So Cal to Nor Cal .... she was up here for 3 interviews last week and has been offered 2 jobs ... she accepted the one with the American Cancer Society .... very proud and excited mama here!

We leave on Aug 27th for WDW to celebrate her success!!! party:

Congrats.

someone is not on the list... Heather/LittleBlackRaincloud

Hurrah, Heather is coming.

OK So i realize that I am several months late on this (I am going back and resolving to at least skim each and every page and am only on page 69) but REALLY? There is NO WAY you are 50! I didn't ever get to talk to you on the last trip but I did see you (and I went back to the page near the front with all the photos) and all I can say is NO WAY! I figured you're younger than I am!

You are my favorite!!!!!!! For reals, and thank you for the compliment. I turn 52 in November, and feel young inside, my knees feel about 90, but the rest is doing okay.

You can't kill what was already dead! :lmao: This place is ready for Halloween....it's a ghost town! All the action is on Facebook. ;)

Spooky, and sad, but true. I used to check here daily, or a couple times. Have not even been on the DIS for...months? Maybe not quite that long, but awhile.

Just strolling through..
I found out my sister gave a little push this weekend for my parents to rent a dumpster and FINALLY call the realtor to list their home.

My mom wants OUT of their lake home before winter, it's too hard for her (73) to keep up with the property and the driving back and forth for the many doctor's visits my dad needs. Dad likely needs a PCA/ nursing assistant to help every day. My mom has been doing it all and wound care and juggling appointments and keeping track of his meds and administer his insulin and and and and.... she's just DONE. I worry about her, she looks so tired and stressed. :worried:

I wish I needed a place in MN. So not a fan of San Diego. The color featured today? Brown. Spiky, dead, brown and dead. Spent a week in Ohio with my kiddo last month and the green nearly blinded us. I would move back tomorrow.

Hello everyone. I hope all finds themselves well and wearing a wee touch of orange.

I will be making the most anticipated big announcement about the PubCrawl this week. Woo hoo...big suspense.

Too bad I cannot make it more exciting with cupcakes and smoothies all around. :):worship::worship:

Hello ladies! Hope you all had a great 3-day weekend. :)
I know some of you have kids going back to school today, so happy first day back to all of them!

Mel, I actually did okay with the kids going back to school. Adam only has classes two days a week. Those are full days so he's gone from morning until night, but then he's home the rest of the time.
How have you been?

Amy, can't wait to hear the pub crawl announcement! :cool1:

Heather, congrats on your sister's big news. A baby boy. How fun! Adam was 6 months old for his first trip to Disney. Strollers are good for that. :thumbsup2

Deb, good to see you popping in! :wave:

And, Lisa, you crack me up, girl!! What? An hour isn't far enough? lol

Sarah, sorry the movie/date night wasn't what you'd thought. I'm thinking of going to see The Butler later this week. I can't decide. Movies are so expensive that I have to REALLY want to see something before I'll go.

Well, have a good day everyone!

Lisa, you crack me up, girl!! What? An hour isn't far enough? lol

No. No it's not. When Russ was working up on Rainier, they talked about making him permanent in an office they were opening up in Gig Harbor. We looked at moving up there and Mom got ALL EXCITED because she said we'd be able to see each other EVERY WEEK! Oh, HELL no. That's about a 2.5 hour drive each way and she was expecting me to do it EVERY WEEK? I think NOT. LOL

I downloaded the music to Soarin the other day. Now I can play it, close my eyes, and go to my Happy Place. It joins Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Small World, Tiki Room, Fantasmic and Main Street Electrical Parade (the Disneyland version!) in my Disney playlist. Ahhhhhh.....

Woo hoo! Just booked my flight home from the Diva trip for next year! I was on Southwest checking in for my flight tomorrow and went to look and see if I had enough points yet (which I did), but saw the Sunday flight was only $107 (when flights between SMF and SNA go on sale, they are usually $89, and Sunday NEVER goes on sale, so that's pretty good!), so I just bought it. I'll wait on the flight down since that will go on sale between now and then (since it's a Wednesday). Now I can save my points toward my trip to WDW next Fall. WOOGIO! LOL

Woo hoo! Just booked my flight home from the Diva trip for next year! I was on Southwest checking in for my flight tomorrow and went to look and see if I had enough points yet (which I did), but saw the Sunday flight was only $107 (when flights between SMF and SNA go on sale, they are usually $89, and Sunday NEVER goes on sale, so that's pretty good!), so I just bought it. I'll wait on the flight down since that will go on sale between now and then (since it's a Wednesday). Now I can save my points toward my trip to WDW next Fall. WOOGIO! LOL
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We were able to get our tix for Oct on one of thos 49 69 99 or whatever it is that goes by the miles you fly. Those are AWESOME sales and I was hoping maybe after the first of the year once the holidays are over they might have one but if we see something else "decent" we will jump on it. Right now the latest sale I saw only went through Feb 12th.

My new kitchen with 20 batches of granola. That is only half of what I need to make this week.
Anywhos, just wanted to show what I have been working on these last few months. :cloud9:

IMG_0078_zpsb47dcbe5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My baking area and hutch. The leaded windows in the hutch are antiques, that we have been hanging onto for at least 15 years. We had the cabinet guy fit them into the doors.

IMG_0073_zps990ba627.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kind of a blurry picture of the other side. Had one more leaded window, that we had cut down and made into an upper cabinet for wine glasses.

Microwave drawer and cookbook shelf built into the island.

IMG_0075_zps390e5e67.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

As you can see, the floor is not done. Waiting to put in hardwood that will go into the living room and hallway. Have to save up again for that. :faint:

Gotta run!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter