DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Wow Mel, that is one gorgeous kitchen!!! Color me super jelly!
Aw thanks Tina! We did a lot of it ourselves. I don't think I have ever been as tired as I was, getting it all done in time for my family reunion. We were putting the back splash in two days before company was beginning to arrive. LOL! And I still had to put stuff back away in the cupboards and drawers. We were definitely burning the midnight oil almost every night for a couple of weeks. But we did it! :cool1:

It's beautiful Mel, it looks like you. :flower3:

Congrats on the airfare Lisa. :)
Bree and I are planning a trip to Napa next June. Which airport should we fly in to? I will most likely book with Southwest. We will be renting a car.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week.

Mel LOVE your kitchen. I agree it totally looks like you and it is almost exactly my dream kitchen. LOVE all the stainless and that is the exact fridge I want and LOVE white cabinets with the windows. Love that you used the antiqued leaded glass. The only other thing I would have is a hanging rack over the island to hang pots and pans (love those) but otherwise that is it! GREAT job!!

Linda I would actually think Sac airport might be the closest. Because the next ones would be in the bay area and I am not sure they would be closer. Probably about 50/50 although it may be cheaper airfare to fly into the bay.

I just googled it and it is exactly the same distance. 60 from Sac and 60 from SF. If you fly into SFO it could be cheaper and if you had time you could explore the city but also much more traffic etc. Sac is simple and if you get an air deal much easier and then it is just a hop skip and a jump up 80 and over to 12.

You will have fun either way. Good luck on finding the best fare. :)

Good evening, everyone! Tomorrow is Friday! :cool1:

Melody, I love the kitchen!! Thanks for sharing those pics. Really nice and well worth the wait! That granola looks good, too. You have my address right? :rolleyes1

Hi Linda, Tina, Andrea and Kelly! :wave:

[/QUOTE=kelmac284;49483144Linda I would actually think Sac airport might be the closest. Because the next ones would be in the bay area and I am not sure they would be closer. Probably about 50/50 although it may be cheaper airfare to fly into the bay.

I just googled it and it is exactly the same distance. 60 from Sac and 60 from SF. If you fly into SFO it could be cheaper and if you had time you could explore the city but also much more traffic etc. Sac is simple and if you get an air deal much easier and then it is just a hop skip and a jump up 80 and over to 12.

You will have fun either way. Good luck on finding the best fare. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kelly. :) I would rather have the easiest route with the least traffic rather than the cheapest. I hate to drive and get lost easily. They all seem to be close in price anyway. I heard that OAK and SFO are congested in the afternoon even if they are a little closer.

Linda I agree. Sac is certainly much easier to navigate and where it is located as long as you don't come in at rush hour you should have NO problems. I would take either an early afternoon or later flight like maybe 6 or 7 then you should escape a lot of the traffic. From here you just hop on 5 then take the 80 interchange towards SF and then take 12 to Napa. Easy Peasy!! :)

Hey Beth! How much longer until Halloween sign ups? Excited! :) But more excited for Christmas ones. I know it's a little too early to get excited for that though.

We were looking through Halloween costumes at Walmart today, trying to get Seth to decide on something. He said a very stern "NO!" to everything! But we are leaning towards the Buzz Lightyear costume they have at the Disney Store. :)

Hey Beth! How much longer until Halloween sign ups? Excited! :) But more excited for Christmas ones. I know it's a little too early to get excited for that though.

We were looking through Halloween costumes at Walmart today, trying to get Seth to decide on something. He said a very stern "NO!" to everything! But we are leaning towards the Buzz Lightyear costume they have at the Disney Store. :)

Sign-ups are in one more week. They start on Friday, the 13th. ;)

I can just picture Seth saying no to everything, but in such a cute way. lol He's adorable. I'm sure whatever costumer he ends up with will be great. :goodvibes

Thanks Beth! His "No's" are pretty cute. At least they are the first few times he says it, lol. Then it just gets frustrating! But yes, I am sure he will look great in whatever we pick! :)

Good luck to all the Divas running this weekend! I'm sad I'm missing the 10k, but life happens. I did get an Alice in Wonderland stroller/carseat set from two of my aunts and my cousin that I just adore:

24368161-5500-4d7e-b159-7e65a80e7bc6_zps261409f1.jpg

I can't wait to take her on her first Disneyland trip one day. princess:

5 more weeks until she should be making her grand appearance.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. :goodvibes

I love your stroller/seat set! You will have so much fun taking her to Disneyland!

Mel, your kitchen is a dream!!! But I could never have white. I am a sloppy cook.:rotfl:

I've got two trips to the parks planned for Oct. One with Violet and one for the Trick or Treat party. Looking forward to both so much. It's been a week since Sarah and I were there for the marathon weekend and I'm itching to go back.

[/QUOTE=kelmac284;49483144Linda I would actually think Sac airport might be the closest. Because the next ones would be in the bay area and I am not sure they would be closer. Probably about 50/50 although it may be cheaper airfare to fly into the bay.

You will have fun either way. Good luck on finding the best fare. :)

Thanks Kelly. :) I would rather have the easiest route with the least traffic rather than the cheapest. I hate to drive and get lost easily. They all seem to be close in price anyway. I heard that OAK and SFO are congested in the afternoon even if they are a little closer.

Sorry - I wasn't online much up at mom's and missed your post. The other thing to consider is that driving up from SF or OAK you would have to cross the bridges at $5+ per crossing. No bridges between Napa and Sac! LOL

I finally upgraded my phone this weekend. I had to take the battery out to do a hard restart three times one day recently to get the current phone to work, so it's probably on it's last legs. I'll be activating the new phone tomorrow, so I apologize in advance for any accidental calls as I get my address book all set up with pics and ringtones again. LOL

I want to go back to 75 degree weather. This 100 degree stuff bites.

Mel, your kitchen is GORGEOUS! And is quite possibly bigger than my kitchen/dining/living room all put together. LOL

Good morning, ladies!! It IS quiet over here. Even I haven't been over here lately. Too much action on Facebook. I think we need to change our name to the Facebook Divas. :thumbsup2

It rained here last night! They were saying this has been one of the wettest monsoon seasons in something like 30 years. Which, to be fair, doesn't say a whole lot since we rarely get any rain, but still. I am loving it. Last night the temps actually dropped down in to the low 70's. It was great. Of course, by this weekend we'll be back close to 100. :rolleyes:

I went out to Target last night to check out their Halloween displays. Not a lot out yet. Walmart definitely had them beat. They had aisles and aisles of fun stuff! The Halloween exchange starts tomorrow so keep an eye out for that. :cool1:

Other than that, not much going on around here. I hope everyone is doing great! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter