DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Hello, ladies! Just wanted to check in before heading off to finish getting ready. We are leaving tomorrow for CA for some spooky fun at Knott's Scary Farm, then a visit with the in-laws. I'll be back Sunday and will check in then. For those doing the Halloween exchange, just a reminder that the mail by date is Friday! Try to send on time. Thanks. Toodles! :wave:

Beth, you're making me even more excited for this year's trip! Or is it next year's trip? Whichever! Now if I can just decide whether to commit to the meet and greet.....

Sent from the Death Star
Hi, Karisa! Yay for being excited. It's going to be great and the next few months will fly by!

It was a pleasure being on the committee!
Thanks for your help, Trudi!

Don't know when I will be back on, as times are crazy. Thank you all for your kind messages and prayers for my sister. She has gotten through her first chemo treatment and hopefully will be home soon.

Tracey
Tracey, thinking of you and your sister. Thanks for the update.

I know that Beth will probably post this on the front page, but if any of you don't like any of the options, you are not stuck with them. Just eat whatever you want.
No worries! :thumbsup2
Yep, thanks, Mel! I posted that on Facebook but not here. These meals are optional, so if your favorite isn't on there, feel free to grab a couple Divas and make your own reservations. :)

Sorry I missed meeting up with you! I wish I'd remembered when you were coming. I would have loved to see you. I'm glad you had fun though.

11PM and 5AM here, so I truly feel your pain. LOL
One day, I hope to get a good, full nights sleep!!! :faint:

Tracey, I am sorry I didn't know that your sister has cancer. I know how that feels. I hope that the chemo helps. If you get back on, what is your sister's name? I will keep her in my prayers. :angel:

Thanks Mel! Her name is Shelli and I hope she will be well enough to go on the ladies trip with us. I had just about gotten her convinced that she needed to go.

I know it is getting close to the commit date and I have decided that I will not be coming on this year's trip. Beth, would you please remove me and Lisa (Rapunzel) from the lists? I have an opportunity to join Stacie, Vicki and Heather (and Linda!) at WDW for MouseAdventure next month, and am choosing to do that instead this time. Probably the last time for WDW MA and I had so much fun there last year! I am currently unemployed (again) and taking advantage of the time off; I will hopefully be employed by next February so this way I don't have to worry about getting time off.

It was great spending time with so many ladies last week for MA! I will be at DL with Mike for a week in December so maybe I can hook up with someone while he is at his conference, and I am hoping that we can do a family trip for spring MA.

Have a great trip Beth! (Although it will be after you get back before you see this)

Hi, ladies!
I'm back! We had a nice time. Went to Knott's Scary Farm, saw some family, went to the beach, an Oktoberfest festival, a pumpkin patch and some other fun things. It was hot though. I guess they were having a heat wave. And, super windy!!
Hope y'all had a good weekend.

Carol, I am sorry to hear you won't be able to make the trip. :( I'm glad I got to see you this past June then. WDW will be fun! Enjoy!

Meals are posted!! :cool1: :banana:

Check the front page of the thread for meal options. And, very important, please check our Facebook page for new policies we are implementing regarding meals. If you do not have access to Facebook, let me know and I will make sure to get the information to you.

Looking forward to food, fun, and friends! :yay:

THIS is what I've been waiting for! And you had to go and do it while I was at work and had to suffer through the rest of the day before being able to check it all out!

I'm going to have to wait a few more minutes too, because I need to finish installing the new wifi router before this one takes a complete dump. Grrrr. I want to take part in all of the meals. Even if I have to be in two places at once to do it. All of them!

THIS is what I've been waiting for! And you had to go and do it while I was at work and had to suffer through the rest of the day before being able to check it all out!

I'm going to have to wait a few more minutes too, because I need to finish installing the new wifi router before this one takes a complete dump. Grrrr. I want to take part in all of the meals. Even if I have to be in two places at once to do it. All of them!

:rotfl2:

Okay, here's the tentative list for Serra and I, and I'm putting it here so I can easily refer myself to it when I forget. Beth, I will send you a PM in a minute.

Wednesday - arriving at SNA around 11:30
Lunch: Whitewater Snacks
Dinner: House of Blues (20)

Thursday -
Breakfast: on our own, more than likely Serra isn't a morning person
Lunch: Carnation Cafe (20)
Dinner: meet & greet

Friday -
Breakfast: Minnie & Friends (She WILL be a morning person for this) (20)
Lunch: Rancho Del Zocalo
Dinner: River Belle Terrace (gonna try to talk Serra into BTRBBQ, but she's not often a fan of BBQ)

Saturday -
Breakfast: on our own
Lunch: Blue Bayou (20)
Dinner: Tangeroa Terrace

Sunday breakfast: Storyteller's Cafe (20)

I will send Kandace one of the pictures of the female villains that I keep in my wallet tomorrow. At the same time that I send one to Capri because I forgot to stop at Freddy's on the way home for stamps. Will it be Cruella De Ville? Or Ursula? A wicked Queen, perhaps? Or a wizened crone with an apple? Ooh, the anticipation is gonna getcha. Ok, not really, but I'm stoked about food.

Thanks for your help, Trudi!

You're welcome!

One day, I hope to get a good, full nights sleep!!! :faint:
You and me both! Every night I plan to get to bed no later than 9:30 but.......darn computers! Too much to do and see and read!

I want to take part in all of the meals. Even if I have to be in two places at once to do it. All of them!

:rotfl2:

Hey Beth just wanted to give you a head's up. I am having to move over the next few months and my parents will be having to sell our house. I suggested to mom that we cancel all of our trips that we had thought about for the next year so that we can concentrate on getting the house sold but she got mad and said she still wanted to go and it was up to her. I have reminded her about some of the things but she is swamped and honestly I think it is probably better if we DO end up going on the ladies trip if we just skip things that have to be signed up for. I think if we sign up for anything it will be the scavy hunt as I know she really loves that. I hate to miss the meet and greet and meals but I don't want to commit to anything because honestly I think we should just skip this time but in case she decides she wants to go I don't want to cancel all together. We DO have a room at GC so for now we are still on the list but just wanted to let you know where we are at and I guess we will have to make a decision once scavy hunt signups come up. Hopefully next year things will be more calm and we can FINALLY go back to the old days and participate in everything again.

Good morning, ladies!

Lots of trip planning happening now. October is usually the time it all kicks into high gear. Then it's fast and furious for awhile, until it slows down again around December. Fun times though!

If you missed it yesterday, meal sign-ups have begun. All the info is on our Facebook page. Our schedule on the front page here is updated and current.
Make sure to double check the meal sign-up lists to make sure you are listed where you wanted to be. Also, I know some changes have been made to the roommate lists. If you have a moment to double check that and let me know of any changes, I'd appreciate it. It's only as accurate as you all let me know. :thumbsup2

LOL Heather! Sorry for the waiting and suffering. I did get your PM though and I believe you are all set. :)

You and me both! Every night I plan to get to bed no later than 9:30 but.......darn computers! Too much to do and see and read!
I know. Computers and tv both keep me up way too late.

Hopefully next year things will be more calm and we can FINALLY go back to the old days and participate in everything again.
I understand, Kelly. Moving can be a hassle. Good luck with that.

Well I just printed off the schedule and also saved it into my Diva Folder.

Now for the meals, Beth, you know that I usually follow you around like a little puppy dog. :dogdance: I will probably do the same thing this time if you don't mind. Of course I will also have January and Sarah to dog also. You know me bashful, bashful, bashful. You would think at the ripe old age of 61 I would get over that but I am who I am. :crazy:

Well I just printed off the schedule and also saved it into my Diva Folder.

Now for the meals, Beth, you know that I usually follow you around like a little puppy dog. :dogdance: I will probably do the same thing this time if you don't mind. Of course I will also have January and Sarah to dog also. You know me bashful, bashful, bashful. You would think at the ripe old age of 61 I would get over that but I am who I am. :crazy:

Shirley, I am so happy you are coming again and look forward to spending lots of time with you! Sarah and January, too! :dance3:

As for the schedule, it's fine to print it if you'd like, but keep in mind that it is subject to change even up until a few days prior to the trip. Plus, we still need times and such. As long as you keep that in mind, it's fine to print what's there now. :thumbsup2

Shirley, I am so happy you are coming again and look forward to spending lots of time with you! Sarah and January, too! :dance3:

As for the schedule, it's fine to print it if you'd like, but keep in mind that it is subject to change even up until a few days prior to the trip. Plus, we still need times and such. As long as you keep that in mind, it's fine to print what's there now. :thumbsup2

Don't worry Beth I printed off just so I could look up the menus, lol. If I remember correctly you are supposed to introduce me to that most delicate of foods, fried pickles. :eek:

I will look over the meal choices hopefully tonight or tomorrow and decide. This cold has been clogging my brain too much the last couple days to be able to process too much. From first glance though, everything looks awesome! :)

Yay! The food list is up. :cool1::cool1::cool1:
(Even though I am still recovering from some stupid stomach flu. Not sure how good everything is going to look like right now. )?:scared:

Hey for all of you Divas who have not signed up yet for the Meet and Greet, the time is now!!!!
Just for your information and a little arm twisting..........

Hmm? I'm thinking that you need to go to Facebook for this very important tidbit!

Carol, I'm so sorry that you are unable to make it this year, but understand. Take care! :hug:

Kelly, I hope all of your moving issues go smoothly. :thumbsup2

Shirley! Welcome back. You can always hang with this 57 year older you know! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter