DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

You could create your own holiday attire with dollar store items, fabric glue and a top that you are okay with redesigning. I decorated a skirt so far, still thinking about what to use for a top and other "embellishments".
I bought my fabric glue in the craft area at Walmart, a hot glue gun would also work but I tend to be messy (or hazardous) with those!
Go crazy! Garland, ornaments, light sets, window decorations - if you can glue it, it's up for grabs! Much cheaper and fun to create than hunting down a sweater that you will never wear again. I also didn't want to get over heated, skirt and short sleeve top :thumbsup2

You could create your own holiday attire with dollar store items, fabric glue and a top that you are okay with redesigning. I decorated a skirt so far, still thinking about what to use for a top and other "embellishments".
I bought my fabric glue in the craft area at Walmart, a hot glue gun would also work but I tend to be messy (or hazardous) with those!
Go crazy! Garland, ornaments, light sets, window decorations - if you can glue it, it's up for grabs! Much cheaper and fun to create than hunting down a sweater that you will never wear again. I also didn't want to get over heated, skirt and short sleeve top :thumbsup2

:sad2::sad2::sad2: You forgot to string popcorn and hang it around your shirt. :lmao:

:sad2::sad2::sad2: You forgot to string popcorn and hang it around your shirt. :lmao:

Hmm, multitasking decorations :scratchin if I get hungry I can nibble away. ;)
I have many ideas percolating in my crazy head. It will be either be epic awesomeness or really really cringe worthy ugly - which might be a good thing. Hmmmmmmmm

TGIF ladies, and happy Friday the 13th! Just a reminder, meal sign-ups end on December 15, so you have two days to sign up and send your deposits off to Kandace. Thanks!

I know I posted this on the Facebook page, but wondering if there are any Divas staying at the Howard Johnson this year or is EVERYONE staying at the Grand Californian. I and newbie Michelle Barker will be staying there and wondering if we will be there by ourselves. :guilty:

If you need some inspiration for creating your meet and greet outfit, check out my Pinterest board. :santa:
http://www.pinterest.com/bgarcia/a-very-merry-unchristmas/

Possible sources for creating your own diva worthy master piece:
Dollar Tree, Michael's, Joann's, Walgreen's
Family Dollar (sometimes carries sweaters, vests, T shirts along with holiday decor)

Walmart has a few ugly sweaters and T shirts plus craft/holiday decor, JcPenny's usually has sweatshirts or T shirts that are holiday themed (hit the clearance rack after Christmas!), Kmart
Cj Banks/Christopher and Banks (check the clearance!!), Coldwater Creek

Goodwill usually sets aside ugly Christmas wear (they also have after holiday clearance!), Salvation Army,

ebay (can be crazy expensive but you might find some hidden gems if you keep your search vague like "XL vest" "medium sweater" "snow" versus using terms like "ugly Christmas" "ugly sweater").

Ragstock - Mall of America location had large racks FULL of old sweaters and another store dedicated to Ugly Christmas Party (not sure how many locations Ragstock has in other states/Canada)

Bernice, you are an inspiration to us all!:worship:
I can't wait to see everyone's attire.

Diane, I hope you guys are not alone at Hojo's (the group has stayed there 3 or 4 times over the years), but if you are we'll still be together for park, meal and chit-chat time. Can't wait to meet you. :)

I just got back from 3 days at DLR. It was beautiful. And crowded. Tomorrow is housework and wrapping presents. :santa: Have a good weekend all.

Happy Sunday, ladies! 10 days until Christmas!! Where has the time gone?

I agree with Linda, Bernice you have the best ideas! It's going to be so much fun to see all the wacky holiday outfits.

Diane, I only have a room list going for the GCH, but not everyone is listed on it. So, they must be staying other places, I'm just not sure where. Not much time is spent in the hotels anyway, so you'll still see lots of ladies during the trip. :)

Haha they censored the word b o o b - tee hee!

Albeit I'm very late to the discussions I want to get to know more of the new people coming this year. It's looking like I'll be there Friday and Saturday, Sunday if external circumstances permit (moola!).

I'll repost my own little 'about me':
I'm Cristabel, 25 (woah) and have been attending this meet since I was 18 (even bigger woah). The past two yeas my participation has been limited due to school and money. Funny how those two always go hand in hand, right?

I originally was extremely iffy about coming because of a decrease in work hours and my sister being due in early March. I've been assigned to a special project at work that's running indefinitely so I will be working a lot more. Making saving for this trip and the one to see my sister, easier.

I'm on Facebook, a part of the DIS divas group. I will probably me more present there than here.

disney-inspired said:
Haha they censored the word b o o b - tee hee!

Albeit I'm very late to the discussions I want to get to know more of the new people coming this year. It's looking like I'll be there Friday and Saturday, Sunday if external circumstances permit (moola!).

I'll repost my own little 'about me':
I'm Cristabel, 25 (woah) and have been attending this meet since I was 18 (even bigger woah). The past two yeas my participation has been limited due to school and money. Funny how those two always go hand in hand, right?

I originally was extremely iffy about coming because of a decrease in work hours and my sister being due in early March. I've been assigned to a special project at work that's running indefinitely so I will be working a lot more. Making saving for this trip and the one to see my sister, easier.

I'm on Facebook, a part of the DIS divas group. I will probably me more present there than here.

So glad it's looking like you'll make it. The planning has been fun but it doesn't quite feel like its real yet. Lol. First-timer here.

So glad it's looking like you'll make it. The planning has been fun but it doesn't quite feel like its real yet. Lol. First-timer here.

Hi Roomie! :wave2:

You can only do so much planning this far out. You guys have covered the big things so now all we can do is wait.

Now, when it gets to be 1 - 2 weeks out, then you have to start your last minute things (packing, directions, park gear).

TGIF, ladies! :cool1:

It's the last weekend before Christmas! Be safe if you will be out and about scouring the stores for that perfect last minute gift. Have fun if you have parties and gatherings to attend. Remember, don't drink and drive! Enjoy the taste testing if you have some goodies to bake. And, above all remember to be grateful for time spent with family and friends. :)

Thankfully I have finished all my shopping! But I do still have to go to the mall to work for two more days. Not sure how thats going to be!

Going to make Christmas cookies this weekend. Should be fun!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to anyone who might be here. It's become Lonely Town thanks to Facebook. One more trip to the parks for me to finish out the year. On Sat. with Violet. Can't wait for her to see the parade. Also her last Billy show.:(

Alas!! I am on the outside lookin' in.:confused:
But.......subbin' &

Wonderin if ya can unofficially adopt me as ya go along cuz I am in need of some inspirational readin as my DL adventures slowly creep up on me (368 more days but hey.....whose counting??:lmao:)

Lookin' forward to hearing more; esp about anyone doing any wine tasting or spas cuz u r talking also to a spa & wine nut.:goodvibes
(anyone doing a trip report or 2??) -

To pay it forward a little here - anyone wanna read about my weight loss (104 pounds in 4.5 months), it starts on page 6 of "My adventures n San Fran, Rose Bowl...." trip report ya see in my below listed signature.:)

T.T.F.N.:santa:
&
Cheers

Merry Christmas!
I worked yesterday from 12-5 and traffic was a bit heavy getting home but not too terrible. We had a nice time at my grandma's house and I got some lovely presents.
Today we are just chilling at home because everyone is tired! Also, I have to work tomorrow so I don't feel like going anywhere...except maybe the movies.

Have a wonderful day with your families!

I love Christmas, but I can't wait for all this holiday stuff to be over with so I can finish getting necessities taken care of for the trip! I got Serra's birth certificate so we can get her a state ID, but can't get to the DOL until after the first because my day off is the 1st. I'll have Wednesday off the next week, so we'll get it done then, and will also be heading to the Naval base to get her ticket, but I want it done now!

I'm so impatient when it starts getting close to a trip. I also can't wait for teams to be announced for the scavenger hunt. I have no idea how we'll be dressing up, but I want to get started on that outfit now that I have the M&G outfit together.

Anybody else getting antsy?

I'm looking forward to the end of the holidays mostly because my regular schedule is out of whack. Getting back to my routine on Monday and looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter