DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Can we rewind a week please? Only make the week there a sunny one! I froze almost the entire time! Lol. I think I am going to through the post Disney blues. Planning next years trip might help though. Lets get on with it ladies! :cool1:

After a few days of unpacking, laundry, the flu, getting back to my life and reflection on the Dis Diva weekend I would like to send out some well deserved thank yous.

To the Meet and Greet Committee; Capri. Tammy, Wendy, Lisa, Beth, Theresa and Michele. What a super fun party. Delicious cocktails, dinner, and camaraderie! I understand that Capri is the Diva MacGuyver, give her one plug, a paper clip, some string and a rubber band and she can turn a meeting room into a Dis Diva-wonderland. Already thinking of items for the gift exchange next year.

The Scavenger Hunt Committee; Bridget, Melody, Jessica, Linda, Jen and Lisa. I just loved this event! It was my first Disney scavenger hunt ever and hopefully not the last. We survived the wet weather..yay! Note to self: buy a Disney trivia book.

Dining Reservations/Meal Planning Committee; Beth, Bridget, Trudi, Tina, Cheryl, Capri and Kandace. You took such good care of us! The meals were well organized and yummy! Everyone appreciated your mad scramble to refund our $$ after BTMBBQ was cancelled due to inclement weather. Note to self: sign up for more dinners and lunches next year. May you have sunnier skies in 2015.

To Melody and her family; Love Love Love those t-shirts!!! For the time and care designing and blinging a multitude of shirts. Thank you! I was asked several times in the parks where I got my shirt. And from the look of a thread on Facebook we want MORE!

Callie and Dan and Carol; Beautiful graphics and the pink lanyards are perfect! I wore mine proudly!!! A few long-time Divas had name tags from year's past. Loved seeing them and hearing stories of previous Diva weekends.

To Vanessa, Jessica and Jill, the Company D trip was awesome! Many thanks for taking time out of your busy schedules to accommodate the us. I saw lots of bags of goodies flying out of the store.

Beth, the Diva Empress, who started it all, I can't thank you enough for being our fearless leader. I am certainly looking forward to next year.

To all of the Divas, thank you all for making me and the other newbies feel so welcome. As someone who came to the weekend knowing only a handful of Divas from a brief meet in San Francisco I never felt alone. So many of you invited me into your small groups for meals and general park touring and attractions. It was a pleasure getting to know you all and enjoying the Disneyland Resort with women who have a love for all things Disney.

I know! And I just logged into the Disneyland chat on the Dis and Tom said he's listening to my voice... that is so weird!!
:rotfl: I'm still listening to it.

Can we rewind a week please? Only make the week there a sunny one! I froze almost the entire time! Lol. I think I am going to through the post Disney blues. Planning next years trip might help though. Lets get on with it ladies! :cool1:
You froze?? Aren't you used to much cooler weather? I slept on a mattress on the floor next to the open patio door all night. I loved the cool weather. ;)

Thank-you so much, Tom! :thumbsup2

To all of the Divas, thank you all for making me and the other newbies feel so welcome.
I am so glad you joined our group, Dee Dee. Looking forward to seeing you there for years come! :)

Beth I can hardly wait to start planning the next trip. And no I have not even unpacked yet! Hoping to take a more active role and be helpful this coming year.

It was so so so nice to hear some familiar voices on the podcast! Emily must have liked it too because she screamed through the entire thing this morning.

Loved the podcast! All of you did great, wonderful way to introduce new ladies to this excellent group (or to encourage other meet ups/groups to form). :goodvibes

Looking forward to next year, I already have my budget planned out. I made a little poster to remind myself to keep working on my point programs (to pay for airfare and Disney gift cards) and put aside a little savings every month.
My family lives on a teeny teeny tiny income (disability), this is my "one thing" that I try to do every year. If you are interested, start saving now - you can do it! :thumbsup2

Beth I can hardly wait to start planning the next trip. And no I have not even unpacked yet! Hoping to take a more active role and be helpful this coming year.
LOL You've been such a great addition to our group, and I was so thrilled to see you back again! All the new ladies have been wonderful. I'm excited and happy to hear so many are already looking forward to next year! :cool1: :thumbsup2

It was so so so nice to hear some familiar voices on the podcast! Emily must have liked it too because she screamed through the entire thing this morning.
:rotfl2:
We missed you, Wendell! Can't wait until you're back on the trip. :goodvibes

Loved the podcast! All of you did great, wonderful way to introduce new ladies to this excellent group (or to encourage other meet ups/groups to form). :goodvibes

Looking forward to next year, I already have my budget planned out. I made a little poster to remind myself to keep working on my point programs (to pay for airfare and Disney gift cards) and put aside a little savings every month.
My family lives on a teeny teeny tiny income (disability), this is my "one thing" that I try to do every year. If you are interested, start saving now - you can do it! :thumbsup2
Thanks. I was super nervous, I think we all were actually. But MJ was great at making us feel relaxed, like we were just chatting with a friend. :)

Good idea to set up a budget. ::yes::

I am going to listen to the podcast tonight when my kids are sleeping and I can actually hear it. I am excited....I know some Dis celebs. :yay:

I am glad I don't have to save for this trip. All my money for this past trip is sitting untouched. I am sad I missed the trip but glad I have everything I need (I hope). DL has gotten so expensive since my last visit. I can't wait until planning starts so I can start getting rid of it before I get weak and temptation takes over. I stink at saving. I love shopping WAY too much. :sad2:

It was wonderful to see all the Divas!
Looking back, I do regret not making any meal reservations with the group. I wanted to make sure my mom and I made the most of our limited park time, but I hardly saw anyone this trip! :sad1:
BUT, my mom and I had so much fun.
our Dapper lunch at Carthay Circle was very nice.
9b2e706f-2e1e-4ff8-b67b-7b1db42c9bc5_zpsede75aeb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
85dcd31b-397f-4d31-a737-fd36ed9529dc_zpsd0cdaaaa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Even though Fantasmic was cancelled on Sat, we went to the late show on Sunday. It was going great, until halfway through...the fog machine went crazy, Ariel's float was missing, and Ursula didn't even show up. They stopped the show, and cancelled the ending. BOOO! But now we know that the late show is a great way to get excellent viewing spots without waiting around too long!

We ended our trip on Sunday night with our third trip to the Tiki Room, just to meet Maynard. It was the best way to end the night!
5adcab11-92e8-48cb-9a10-01974d7e3117_zps0c5ebc17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Love your pictures!
I slept on a mattress on the floor next to the open patio door all night. I loved the cool weather. ;)

Are you serious???

VintageDisneyRules said:
Love your pictures!

Are you serious???

I am pretty sure she is serious! I did have the door wide open Saturday afternoon when I was in the room alone and I totally startled Jenn. It felt so great! Those of us in the desert really appreciate the coolth. Yes I know that's not a word. ;-)

Sent from a galaxy far, far away

Really enjoyed what I was able to make it to this year. Hopefully next time I'll have a little more play time. Great to see the familiar faces and meet some new ones!

Yes, I froze! On Friday, my coat and shirts were soaked through, my shoes were all sloshy, and my jeans were wet up to my knees. And I was walking around all day like that! Here I just go to and from my car, lol.

Are you serious???
Completely serious! I pulled the mattress on to the floor and slept with the patio door all the way open all night Friday and Saturday. It was so nice. Luckily my roomies also enjoy a cool room. I can't stand being hot when I sleep. I'd much rather have a cold room and just throw on an extra blanket.

I am pretty sure she is serious! I did have the door wide open Saturday afternoon when I was in the room alone and I totally startled Jenn. It felt so great! Those of us in the desert really appreciate the coolth. Yes I know that's not a word. ;-)
:thumbsup2 Yep, love the "coolth". lol I am so dreading summertime. Ugh.

Really enjoyed what I was able to make it to this year. Hopefully next time I'll have a little more play time. Great to see the familiar faces and meet some new ones!
Good to see you again, Jess!

Yes, I froze! On Friday, my coat and shirts were soaked through, my shoes were all sloshy, and my jeans were wet up to my knees. And I was walking around all day like that! Here I just go to and from my car, lol.

Aw, that sounds rather miserable. Luckily Theresa gave me a huge poncho that kept me nice and dry. We definitely woke up to a downpour that morning!

It was a great trip, despite the rain. I really want to thank you all for welcoming Serra so warmly. She may not have shown it the whole time, but she had a really great time. She kept telling me how she felt "welcomed". I doubt she'll come again, just because it's so far outside of her comfort zone, but it was really good for her and she really loved it. And she enjoyed meeting everyone as well. She especially enjoyed the lunch at the Blue Bayou (her favorite Disney restaurant) and the group rides on the Jungle Cruise and the Carousel.

Next year I'll be bringing my youngest daughter, who was just not quite old enough this year. She is almost as big of a Disney junkie as I am, and is really looking forward to the trip. She already has her tiara! It's hard to believe that this time next year I'll be the mother of two adults, I have no idea how they got so old.

TGIF, ladies! Last week at this time I was getting ready to head to DL in the pouring rain! It was great. :cool1: :p Unfortunately it did move our group pic from the Mickey floral to Tomorrowland Terrace. But we made the best of it and still had fun that day. I enjoyed seeing all the hunt teams in their costumes. (Photos of our teams in all their glory can be found on our first page) Everyone did great!

Here are a few pics from that day, starting with my view from our room at the GCH.
1920443_10152064039999011_1852637512_n.jpg

1897846_10152064040164011_463963533_n.jpg

1150970_10152064040239011_1815819195_n.jpg

Our group pic as we are forced to take cover from the rain. Not everyone made it to the photo. I think the rain changed the plans for some people:
1654235_10152064040669011_2127198020_n.jpg

Getting ready for the hunt to begin:
1978912_10152064042379011_1946673343_n.jpg

1969229_10152064042514011_1686803707_n.jpg

Later that day a couple of us were able to escape the rain with a shopping trip to Company D:
1979702_10152064043664011_640872586_n.jpg

That evening was the fun podcast with Mary Jo and Tom! (from left to right: Stacie, myself, Tom, Mary Jo, Vicki and Melody)
1689636_10152064043769011_1781961293_n.jpg

Throw in some rides, drinks, food and fun and it was a good day. :thumbsup2

It was a great trip, despite the rain. I really want to thank you all for welcoming Serra so warmly. She may not have shown it the whole time, but she had a really great time. She kept telling me how she felt "welcomed". I doubt she'll come again, just because it's so far outside of her comfort zone, but it was really good for her and she really loved it. And she enjoyed meeting everyone as well. She especially enjoyed the lunch at the Blue Bayou (her favorite Disney restaurant) and the group rides on the Jungle Cruise and the Carousel.

Next year I'll be bringing my youngest daughter, who was just not quite old enough this year. She is almost as big of a Disney junkie as I am, and is really looking forward to the trip. She already has her tiara! It's hard to believe that this time next year I'll be the mother of two adults, I have no idea how they got so old.

It was so good to meet you and Serra as well. I enjoyed our dinner together at Brennan's. Can't wait to meet your youngest next year!!

It was a great trip, despite the rain. I really want to thank you all for welcoming Serra so warmly. She may not have shown it the whole time, but she had a really great time. She kept telling me how she felt "welcomed".

That's great. I'm glad she felt that way. :goodvibes

I updated the first page of the DIS with new Diva shots for some of you. And added those who were new this year. I think I got mostly everyone but I know I am missing a few so if I missed you, let me know! Or if I have a different pic you'd like posted, I can do that too. :thumbsup2

Missed me :confused3
I'll send u a pic to post Beth - none of the pics I have seen so far have been to flattering......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter