DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Good morning, Divas! Happy first day of Spring!

39303_10152094622774011_654034357_n.jpg

Hope the weather in your neck of the woods is being kind to you. It's going to be a sunny day here with a high of 73. Sounds nice to me!

Here's a throwback Thursday photo for you all. Not too far back....just 5 years ago, to our 2nd annual trip in 2009. We sure have grown since then! :)

558042_10151659213224011_744852322_n.jpg

Love the pic! It seems like yesterday..

Do people not like coming here? It is so quiet.:confused3

From what I've heard, the DIS phone app is not really that great and since these days mostly everyone uses their smart phones to go online rather than sit at their computer, it's just easier to go on Facebook. At least that's one of the complaints I've heard.
I don't have a phone, so I have to use my computer and therefore I can easily access both sites.

And, you are right, it doesn't seem like it was already five years ago! I have great memories from that trip! :goodvibes

I wish the thread was used more often. Facebook is too hard for me to follow along when there's actually stuff being talked about.

From what I've heard, the DIS phone app is not really that great and since these days mostly everyone uses their smart phones to go online rather than sit at their computer, it's just easier to go on Facebook. At least that's one of the complaints I've heard.
I don't have a phone, so I have to use my computer and therefore I can easily access both sites.

And, you are right, it doesn't seem like it was already five years ago! I have great memories from that trip! :goodvibes

I have deleted the app twice off my phone. When I go to the disboards.com it prompts me to download the app and I always hit "ok". It will work for awhile, then it just sits and thinks for way too long. I like things fast! So I can understand why people would rather do FB. Since I am home all day, everyday....I can dis online whenever...as long as my kids are letting me. :rolleyes:

That trip was the best! I got to meet some great Divas and see you and Sarah after three years. I am looking forward to this next trip. I have a countdown going and talk about it everyday to my husband (he has already got the time off for next year :yay:). Anyways, I am pretty sure I bug the crud out of him. He doesn't get it. :sad2:

I wish the thread was used more often. Facebook is too hard for me to follow along when there's actually stuff being talked about.

Yeah, I get lost easily. I do like the thread here because I can say stuff and not be too afraid of accidently posting on my regular news feed. My husband has a crazy family and I like them to know nothing about my private life. Also, I don't go on FB everyday. There are times when I am off FB for weeks at a time. I get lost when I come back LOL. I am easily confused.

One good thing ... Beth is good about putting important info on the front pages so we don't miss out too much. :thumbsup2

Yeah, stuff can get bumped down and lost on there pretty quick.

That trip was the best! I got to meet some great Divas and see you and Sarah after three years. I am looking forward to this next trip. I have a countdown going and talk about it everyday to my husband (he has already got the time off for next year :yay:). Anyways, I am pretty sure I bug the crud out of him. He doesn't get it. :sad2:
Aw, that's okay! We get it. :thumbsup2 I'm so glad you have plans to come next year. I can't wait!!

One good thing ... Beth is good about putting important info on the front pages so we don't miss out too much. :thumbsup2
I try. :teeth: Even if some of the ladies don't use the DIS, if they've been away from the planning on FB for awhile, they can check the first page here and find all the info planned up to that point. Hopefully that makes it a bit easier.

I usually just stalk this thread. Actually I pretty much stalk the Facebook thread too.

Well since I am not able to use my cell at work and not allowed to log into fb as it's blocked here. I found I can get on the Dis from work so this works great for me. :thumbsup2
I finally told my DH I put a dep on our WDW trip for Dec. He wanted to wait until we had some things taken care of but I felt getting my special discount I would be better off to get a deposit now as it had gone up almost $50 from when I wante to do it. Good thing I did as now with my special rate the Pop isn't a choice anymore and the least expensive one is for AoA suite and that's almost $1200 for a week with the discount :scared1:. I paid only $450 for one week at pop. :cool1: He was happy I didn't listen when I told him this.
Now I am trying to figure out if we will purchase the dining plan or just pay as we eat????? We always did the plan before but we always did the free dining.

:wave2:

I listened to Mary Jo's Dis Divas interview and sure would like to join in for next year's trip. What is the best way for me to get/stay involved? This thread, or are there others? I don't do Facebook. Thank you :)

Teri

I got it...just read through the FAQ's and some of the posts from the most recent trip. Will introduce myself after work today. Looking forward to good times ahead :)

I usually just stalk this thread. Actually I pretty much stalk the Facebook thread too.

Stalker!!

I listened to Mary Jo's Dis Divas interview and sure would like to join in for next year's trip. What is the best way for me to get/stay involved? This thread, or are there others? I don't do Facebook. Thank you :)

Teri

This is the only thread, Beth will be carting out the Welcome wagon soon!!! Glad you can join us! Where are you from??

Well since I am not able to use my cell at work and not allowed to log into fb as it's blocked here. I found I can get on the Dis from work so this works great for me. :thumbsup2
I finally told my DH I put a dep on our WDW trip for Dec. He wanted to wait until we had some things taken care of but I felt getting my special discount I would be better off to get a deposit now as it had gone up almost $50 from when I wante to do it. Good thing I did as now with my special rate the Pop isn't a choice anymore and the least expensive one is for AoA suite and that's almost $1200 for a week with the discount :scared1:. I paid only $450 for one week at pop. :cool1: He was happy I didn't listen when I told him this.
Now I am trying to figure out if we will purchase the dining plan or just pay as we eat????? We always did the plan before but we always did the free dining.

Yay for a Disney World trip! I am jealous!!

We have always done the dining plan. We have been lucky enough to have gotten it free for all but one trip. To me, it is worth the cost because we don't have to worry about having enough set aside and it is already paid for....however, if you aren't big eaters, it probably won't be worth it at all. I think the QSDP is not at all worth it. It is to me, the least value for the money.

Have a great trip! :yay:

Hello ladies! Happy Saturday! :)

I thought I felt someone watching me.... :scared1:

Sounds like you got a great discount and it was a good thing you acted when you did!

I've been reading about all the changes to WDW. It's been awhile since I've been there, 2006 was my last time, and I am not a fan of all the changes to the dining plan and to the fastpasses. It all sounds way too complicated for me now. Good luck planning!

Teri

Did someone say welcome wagon...

1964927_10152098471494011_1873872242_n.jpg

Hello, there! And, yes, welcome to our thread. We'd love to have you join us on our next trip.
This is the only planning thread we have on the DIS. But, I will say a lot of chatting takes places on Facebook. Of course, I totally respect those who don't use FB for one reason or another, and all info will be posted here so anyone solely using this thread for updates will not miss out on anything.

Looking forward to hearing more about you and getting to know you! :goodvibes

This is the only thread, Beth will be carting out the Welcome wagon soon!!!
:thumbsup2

We have always done the dining plan.

Remember when we went in 2006? That was so nice! I loved the free dining then. The plan was awesome. The table service included appetizer, drink, entrée, dessert and the tip! I didn't have to open my wallet at all. Snacks were included, too. Now? Forget it. I'd need a Dining Plan for Dummies book to figure it all out. Soon, I will also need a WDW Fastpass Plan for Dummies as well. I'll stick with Disneyland for now. :p

Hello Divas, :wave2:

Just popping in to say hello, and I hope you are all having a nice Spring Break.
We had a beautiful day here in Vancouver yesterday - the sun shining on the North Shore mountains was glorious!
We've also had some recent sightings of Pacific White-Sided Dolphins right in English Bay, and Orcas in Squamish (near Whistler). I feel so lucky to live here, even though I am jealous of the Divas that live 20 minutes away from Disneyland!

It's exciting to see the planning for next year getting started already. I'm still unsure if I can make it, but if I do, I'm going ALL IN! Scavy Hunt, Group Meals, Fantasmic, everything! I really missed out on meeting people this year by not getting more involved.

I also hope to meet up with Divas who are closer to me, or who come up here to visit!

Have a great day everyone!
Dianna

I'm new to this forum but would love to join in my name is Dawn and I'm a mom of three. 2 adult children and a 7yr old. Ya I know what was I thinking ha ha good thing he's the light of my life. We have been going to Disney since 2000 and have gone to world in 2007 and 2010 and land in 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2009 and then our last trip was 2011. We are planning a trip for May to Disneyland. I would love to join you guys on your next trip!!

Just listened to Mary Jo's interview. I am seriously considering joining the next trip, just a little nervous. Do some Divas have their own room? Are there mini meets in the San Francisco Bay Area? Thanks for any info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter