DIS DLP meet - the planning stage!

Also Steve and others who are driving, I know the Victoria Centre car park does a fixed rate on a Sunday - don't quote me on this but I think it's £3.50 for the day; normally you'd probably only get 2 or 3 hours for that amount.

Could everyone let us know what time they'd be getting to Nottingham please? We've mentioned 1 or 2pm before but obviously it depends on those of you who are travelling.

Since no-one seems to have any preference on restautant, shall we just pick one? Both serve similar food and are around the same price but we personally prefer TGI Friday's for a big group, there is a lovely atmosphere there and the wiaters usually make a fuss of you all. It's family friendly and although not really quiet, it's not as noisy as Hard Rock where you sometimes have to shout above the music! If anyone isn't happy with this, please say now as it isn't booked so it's not a problem. But since no-one seems to mind either way, and we'll need to book in advance for such a big group, it's best to decide soon.

Not long now!!

It's family friendly and although not really quiet, it's not as noisy as Hard Rock where you sometimes have to shout above the music!

TGI Friday sounds perfect then. We'll try to arrive by about 12.30, though we could manage earlier if needs be.

I've been looking at the parking at the St James Street car park, which is also £3.50 for the day. I've been checking Steve's link ( :worship: thank you) and it mentions that Queens Drive is closed "inside lane outbound" until 1.00 pm. Will that effect us if coming from the direction of the A453? I realise that J25 is probably the better option, but if this one will work it might be slightly easier for us!!

steve_rob said:
Sounds good to me, although I think you've got your junction numbers the wrong way round - J26 should be the more northern one, not J25?
Sorry Steve - I'm not very good at these things!!! You're quite correct I should have said to take 25 not 24.

Sounds like you will all have a fab time, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Bexx said:
TGI Friday sounds perfect then. We'll try to arrive by about 12.30, though we could manage earlier if needs be.
I've been looking at the parking at the St James Street car park, which is also £3.50 for the day. I've been checking Steve's link ( :worship: thank you) and it mentions that Queens Drive is closed "inside lane outbound" until 1.00 pm. Will that effect us if coming from the direction of the A453? I realise that J25 is probably the better option, but if this one will work it might be slightly easier for us!!
My trusty road expert says that that closed lane should not affect you directly though it will probably be pretty busy around that area. The St James St carpark is very near the castle and the Olde Trippe.

TGI sounds great to me. I'm planning to come by train so I'll probably get a taxi from the station. I'm hoping to catch a train around 11 am so that should get me into Nottingham just after 12. I'd let you know the exact time but the Rail Enquiries website is throwing a wobbler at the moment and I can't access it. Hopefully during tomorrow's session.

I found a terrific lime green flower in a local shop so I doubt anyone will miss me!

diberry said:
My trusty road expert says that that closed lane should not affect you directly though it will probably be pretty busy around that area.

Well, we'll give it a go and see what happens. Probably see you all by the end of the meal!!! :teeth:

The St James St carpark is very near the castle and the Olde Trippe.

This is cunning parental thinking!! When we arrive, Amy will bounce out of the car and be (fairly) happy to walk a bit further to the restaurant. If we then go on to the Castle/Olde Trippe/Robin Hood Experience, she won't have so far to complain on the way back to the car!!

Nik - can't wait to see the tasteful green flower!!!
Bexx - I wonder why parents become so cunning????? Sounds like a good plan to me!! ;)

Just to let you know we booked TGIF this evening for 1p.m. on Sunday 11th though Rhiannon and I will be there well before that time.

Hope it's okay we picked a time, we were walking past TGI so we popped in. I'm sure it doesn't matter if people get there a bit after 1pm. If people will have real problems getting there for 1pm then we can always ring and get it changed.

diberry said:
Just to let you know we booked TGIF this evening for 1p.m. on Sunday 11th though Rhiannon and I will be there well before that time.

we will see you there! :cool1:

Oh goody - I'm getting really excited now!!!!! R & I will be there from at least 12.30 and we'll wait to eat when everyone's arrived and said "Hi"!!, if that's ok.

Oops!!!!! Sorry folks - slight problem - on the street map I posted I managed to put TGIFriday in the wrong place!!! :scared1: It's actually one block further North ie: in the block between Burton St and Forman St though if you got as far as where I originally put it, you'd be able to see it!!! Sorry - no excuses - I'm just rubbish at directions!!

Well, I've finally found a decent map of the marathon route (rather than what I have been doing up until now which was consulting a road atlas and that road closures guide I posted and trying to work it out myself!) and I think I now know what areas to avoid.

First 13 miles of marathon (or all of the half-marathon) : http://racepayment.mirrorservers.co.uk/robinhoodmarathon05/info/course_map1.htm
Second 13 miles of full marathon : http://racepayment.mirrorservers.co.uk/robinhoodmarathon05/info/course_map2.htm

If you are coming from the south up the M1, don't get off at Junction 24 (A453) as you'll have lots of trouble getting into the city centre. If you exit at Junction 25 (A52) you should be okay most of the way in, but there is a one mile section of Derby Road that will be closed until about 12:30pm so you may have to take a slight detour to get round this. Best option however is probably wait until Junction 26 (A610) as this road does not cross the marathon route at all. Yes it's a couple of extra miles up the motorway, but it might make things easier in the long run.

Of course, if you're coming from the north, J26 is the first Nottingham junction you come across anyway so you'll be fine no matter what.

Wow Steve - I'm incredibly impressed!!!! :worship: You know all these roads much better than me - I've lived here for 35 years but don't take much notice of these sort of things - that's what men are for!!!! :rotfl: Many thanks for all your hard work and research!!!!

diberry said:
Wow Steve - I'm incredibly impressed!!!! :worship: You know all these roads much better than me - I've lived here for 35 years but don't take much notice of these sort of things - that's what men are for!!!! :rotfl: Many thanks for all your hard work and research!!!!

I so agree! I'm useless. Once outside my home town I find it difficult to stick a fork on a plate without explicit instructions! :rotfl: :rotfl:

diberry said:
Maps are something I deal with a lot though. DW does all the driving in our house, so by default I'm the navigator, plus I have to write directions to every away ground for our local football team's programme, so I'm very used to doing this sort of thing!

NIK said:
I so agree! I'm useless. Once outside my home town I find it difficult to stick a fork on a plate without explicit instructions! :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Don't worry Nikki - we'll all be there to help you!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter