• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend the 20th anniversary extravaganza since we need all the days off that we can get for this trip::yes:: but if a group of you do get together, please post any words of wisdom/ suggestions or decisions here on the boards.

Chris

I am also adding on Tokyo Disneyland. You will be amazed by Tokyo DisneySea. It's a beautiful park!

There are ITunes apps for Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, Shanghai PhotoPass. I have not found an official app for Tokyo Disneyland.

How many of you are attending The DIS 20th Anniversary Megameet? Would you like to schedule a meetup to talk about the trip and socialize a bit?

Great suggestion Michael! We'll be attending the 20th Anniversary celebrations and would love to get together to discuss the trip.

Micki and I are in for Tokyo. Now on to air fare ( this should be fun).
Looks like airfare will be cheaper and less complicated if we fly from and back to a west coast airport rather than one here on the east coast. So, we're planning to do 3 days in San Francisco and 2 days in Anaheim before we fly out of LAX for Tokyo.

How many of you are attending The DIS 20th Anniversary Megameet? Would you like to schedule a meetup to talk about the trip and socialize a bit?

Michael,

If you coordinate the timing of this, you can count on John and I to attend....as long as it's not during the party.

Things might be a bit busy and we wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Thanks.

Okay folks...we have heard from almost everyone regarding the Tokyo add on.

There are still a couple of travelers who haven't responded.

Please let us know no later than 5pm today whether or not you wish to participate in the Tokyo add on.

I know this has been "wait, wait, wait...okay you need to know NOW" and thats not how we usually do things, but this is what we've been told needs to happen.

Thanks,
Kevin

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend the 20th anniversary extravaganza since we need all the days off that we can get for this trip::yes:: but if a group of you do get together, please post any words of wisdom/ suggestions or decisions here on the boards.

Chris
Sadly we won't be there either - we haven't any spare days left that would enable us to come, although we desperately want to.
Ian & Diane

Kate and I will not be in Tokyo. We'll see everyone in Hong Kong!

I will be at the 20th for a few days if there's a meet up.

Just wanted to mention that flights from the US to Asia will cross the international date line. Between that and the long flight you will need to plan on departing the US the day before you want to get to Tokyo or China.

Just wanted to mention that flights from the US to Asia will cross the international date line. Between that and the long flight you will need to plan on departing the US the day before you want to get to Tokyo or China.

Our flight back has a brief stopover in Tokyo. The Tokyo leg arrives in Houston 2 hrs "before" it departs Tokyo. So weird.

Looks like airfare will be cheaper and less complicated if we fly from and back to a west coast airport rather than one here on the east coast. So, we're planning to do 3 days in San Francisco and 2 days in Anaheim before we fly out of LAX for Tokyo.

Be sure to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum. I will most likely be flying out of San Francisco to Tokyo.

Michael,

If you coordinate the timing of this, you can count on John and I to attend....as long as it's not during the party.

Things might be a bit busy and we wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Thanks.

Kevin,

Yes, I will coordinate this. Perhaps, we can all meet at the China Pavillion at EPCOT Center. I don't want to schedule it in conflict with other Megameet activities, so I'll wait until the other podcast team member's meet-ups are announced before setting a time.

Be sure to visit the Walt Disney Family Museum. I will most likely be flying out of San Francisco to Tokyo.
A visit to the WDF museum is the primary reason why we will be in San Francisco. A secondary reason is a pilgrimage to Mecca (1 Infinite Loop). Earlier today we started looking for hotels close to the museum. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to let me know.

A visit to the WDF museum is the primary reason why we will be in San Francisco. A secondary reason is a pilgrimage to Mecca (1 Infinite Loop). Earlier today we started looking for hotels close to the museum. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to let me know.

I stayed in downtown San Francisco where most of the hotels are and took an Uber to the museum. It took maybe 15 minutes. It's an amazing museum. I stayed for about 3.5 hrs and still didn't see everything. The Presidio itself is beautiful. I ate lunch over at the Presidio Social Club near LucasFilm. It was very good.

Earlier today we started looking for hotels close to the museum. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to let me know.

I stayed in downtown San Francisco where most of the hotels are and took an Uber to the museum. It took maybe 15 minutes.

We also stayed in Downtown SF. Actually stayed there a few times. Agree that just grabbing an Uber to WDFM is the way to do it.

We've stayed at the Fairmont (ABD trip) and two Marriotts; one at Union Square and the other at Fisherman's Wharf. Would stay at any of them again.

Val & I will be at the meet. However, we will have Connor and Jamie staying with us that week so our schedule is a bit full. If we are around, we will make it though.

We're kind of intrigued by the Queen Anne Hotel. It survived the 1906 earthquake and is haunted too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter