• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

I should have read Kevin's post more carefully. Just registered Chuck for the rewards program and then canceled the original reservation after booking a new one....saved almost 200 euro so this is definitely the way to go. Thanks Kevin and Jeff. This makes the Luna more reasonable.:thumbsup2

Chris

I should have read Kevin's post more carefully. Just registered Chuck for the rewards program and then canceled the original reservation after booking a new one....saved almost 200 euro so this is definitely the way to go. Thanks Kevin and Jeff. This makes the Luna more reasonable.:thumbsup2

Chris

Nice!!

We are booked at the Luna for 2 nights! LOVED this hotel the last time we stayed there and wasn't taking any chances on no availability by waiting. I actually thought the rate was pretty good (relatively speaking of course), was expecting it to be more. Great tip about signing up for their loyalty program, saved some money and got some extra benefits too!! Now to figure out pre cruise.

Chuck and I will most likely fly on Thursday for one day pre cruise so we will aim for Rome. The idea of Florence was appealing but since we can only do one day this seemed pointless with the logistics of getting to the cruise terminal. Have no idea what hotel so will welcome any suggestions and or company.

Chris

Here's my question, which to be fair I'm pretty sure Kevin covered, but my brain is hiding that file from me

If we fly in a day early will Viking still provide transfer to the ship or we are on our own for that??

Here's my question, which to be fair I'm pretty sure Kevin covered, but my brain is hiding that file from me

If we fly in a day early will Viking still provide transfer to the ship or we are on our own for that??

I was able to located Kevin's response to this:

Viking transfers are from the airport to the ship.

Viking will not pick you up at a location in Rome unless you have the Viking add on.

We are still planning to get in a day early (thinking of flying overnight Thursday) to at least have a bit of time in Rome and then transfer on our own (or organized ourselves with others) to the ship

Since Viking's air program/transfers only apply if we either go straight from the airport to the port or if we book their precruise hotel package add ons, we decided against it. I understand FCO is an hour away from Civitavecchia; anyone have advice on transfers they've used? I've heard some use the rail system?

Viking Transfer School :teacher: is in session.......

Viking airport transfers are only offered in conjunction with a scheduled flight and will take you from the airport to the cruise dock (and the reverse). They are $60 per person per leg.

Viking will not schedule transfers from (or to) the airport for any day other than cruise embarkation and disembarkation.

If you book Viking air, transfers are included as long as you arrive and depart on the cruise schedule. If you deviate from that, transfers are not included

If you book a Viking pre-stay, transfers are included from the Viking hotel to the cruise dock (and the reverse).

Bottom line...Viking transfers are good from the airport to the dock on arrival day and from the port to the airport on departure days.

Anything other than that, transfers are on your own.

Since Viking's air program/transfers only apply if we either go straight from the airport to the port or if we book their precruise hotel package add ons, we decided against it. I understand FCO is an hour away from Civitavecchia; anyone have advice on transfers they've used? I've heard some use the rail system?

I've used RomeInLimo.com a couple of times going back and forth from Civitavecchia to Rome on private tours. I believe they do airport transfers as well.

I booked 2 post nights at the Luna. Ready for Bellini-night.

@DisneyKevin - "I know a guy" who sells nice LV's around the corner from the Luna. Only problem is when the cops come you may have to run after him to complete the purchase.

Last edited:
When we took the Greece cruise, it ended in Venice and we had to get to Stressa on the same day.

I hired a van to take the five of us on the 2.5 hour trip.

I think it was 300 euros for all of us.

I just Googled "car from Venice to Milan" as Stress wasn't not an option on his site.

Once we were in contact, I asked about going to Stress and he was quite accommodating.

Depending on where we decide to go pre-cruise, I will probably do the same thing.

Chuck and I will most likely fly on Thursday for one day pre cruise so we will aim for Rome. The idea of Florence was appealing but since we can only do one day this seemed pointless with the logistics of getting to the cruise terminal. Have no idea what hotel so will welcome any suggestions and or company.

Chris

This is what we are thinking too!

I would love to do this cruise but as a solo traveler paying the same rate for two is a little hard to swallow but maybe a couple of days will make it easier :rotfl2::sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter