Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Just booked post-nights at Luna Baglioni! The thought of staying there, and having the awesome breakfast buffet on Easter, has me very excited.

I see the Baglioni chain also has a hotel in Rome, on the Via Veneto, considering a pre-night there.

Jason
They're breakfast buffet was really good, wasn't it?!?!

Just booked post-nights at Luna Baglioni! The thought of staying there, and having the awesome breakfast buffet on Easter, has me very excited.

I see the Baglioni chain also has a hotel in Rome, on the Via Veneto, considering a pre-night there.

Jason

It was an awesome breakfast buffet!! Way better than that dinner in the prison on top of the hill Jason :-)

Jason

I just checked out the one in Rome and it does look really nice and not a bad price! Unless I'm just not seeing it because I'm looking on my phone, it doesn't look like you can include breakfast there though, which stinks.

ETA: Nevermind, I found the rates with it included. I guess I should be doing it on a computer instead of my phone lol

Last edited:

They're breakfast buffet was really good, wasn't it?!?!
All these years later, I still remember the pastries!

It was an awesome breakfast buffet!! Way better than that dinner in the prison on top of the hill Jason :-)
Yes it was! :)

Just like Kevin suggested for the Luna, the Bernini has a loyalty program that gets you discounts when you sign up for free. The rate is really good so I think we will do 2 nights.

I'm deciding between 1 or 2 nights, I'm surprised by how good the rates are!

I'm just anxious now for the airlines to release more dates so we can have an idea of when we will be arriving & departing so we can get some stuff booked!!

Our experience flying to Italy (only 2 trips) is that we will be on a red-eye going over there which should get us into FCO about 9 am and at the hotel about 11, allowing for bag claim, customs, travel time. The flight home from VCE should leave around 10 or 11 am. I'd expect your flights from MSY/BTR/LFT would run similarly.

That's what I was pretty much thinking, but more for the return flight from Venice, it's about which day would be cheaper to fly home to determine how many post nights we will book.

Has anyone had experience with the hotel that ABD uses, the Gran Melia?....the location supposedly is close to the Vatican and since we would only have one day I thought maybe that would be an interesting location to wander around from.

Chris

No experience with that one Chris. I guess it depends on where you want to wander. Val & I did wander around the Borghese Gardens one of the pre-days and that was nice.

I'm thinking we need to get to the Trevi Fountain this trip. It was pretty much buried behind scaffolding the last time we saw it.

I'm thinking we need to get to the Trevi Fountain this trip. It was pretty much buried behind scaffolding the last time we saw it.

I kept thinking we did so much in Rome that we didn't need a lot of pre time but then I started thinking of all the stuff we didn't do or wanted to do more of! Lol Trevi fountain is high on my list. And I think we are going to add on a tour of the Vatican to get more time in the Sistine chapel, and maybe another tour of the colosseum since I felt like our time in there was too quick!

Since our Viva Italia ABD, we've dreamt of getting back to Orvieto. Think I found a tour that will get us there from Rome!

Which company?? Although I probably don't really want to know since that will require adding more time to our prestay...we may end up there for a month at this rate! Lol we loved Orvieto too and it wasn't enough time there! There were a lot of places we had wanted to visit but by the time we got back to them, they were closed for their afternoon nap!! Lol

Since our Viva Italia ABD, we've dreamt of getting back to Orvieto. Think I found a tour that will get us there from Rome!
Coincidently, I looked at the route from Rome to Orvieto on Google. Apparently it's only about a 1.5 hour, two stop (no change) train ride.

Who needs more ceramics? Ceramiche Giacomini Orvieto!!!!

Since this group has not been there since 2014 the Ceramiche Giacomini has probable fallen on hard times:rotfl2: I like the Trevi fountain idea, Jeff, the scaffolding just didn't cut it.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter