Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

Might not be on topic, but I am hoping to fly a 787 for this trip, is the 787 really better than other aircraft, at least for a long flight like this one?

Might not be on topic, but I am hoping to fly a 787 for this trip, is the 787 really better than other aircraft, at least for a long flight like this one?

Flew one from China this fall. The cabin air did feel more refreshing. I can’t remember why though. I think most planes pull cabin air through the engines, but 787’s don’t. I could be completely wrong, but I’d be interested to know.

Just curious. I have a HSBC ATM card that I use for European travel but the private tour company I've booked for Rome and Venice holds the reservations with a CC but I have to pay them cash day of which I am not thrilled about. Does Viking cash travel's checks or should I plan on getting another ATM cards for my stay? Is there another bank you would recommend? It has been awhile since I've been to Europe and my first without my DH who has to work.

Here is the beverage package for our cruise: Doing the math I think I am going to get this even though my DD doesn't drink. She'll be able to get soft drinks and juice. You would need to drink roughly 3 drinks a day to break even. I like to try new things without the worry or guilt if I don't like it.

Silver Spirits Beverage Package
Upgrade and enjoy unlimited beverages in all dining venues and bars throughout the duration of your cruise. The package includes:

• Any drinks up to $15.00 including premium wines by the glass, cocktails & aperitifs
  • The Chef’s Table premium wine pairing
  • Selection of applicable wines change twice per cruise
  • Mini-bar replenishments
  • 15% discount on premium beverages above $50.00
  • Soft drinks & juices
$139 PER GUEST
Please note: Both guests in a stateroom must purchase the package for the full length of the cruise in order for it to be valid. A 15% service charge per person is included with the price. Prices effective as of October 2016.

Here is the bar menu:
http://wpc.475d.edgecastcdn.net/00475D/mvj/onboardbeveragemenu_oceans.pdf

Just curious. I have a HSBC ATM card that I use for European travel but the private tour company I've booked for Rome and Venice holds the reservations with a CC but I have to pay them cash day of which I am not thrilled about. Does Viking cash travel's checks or should I plan on getting another ATM cards for my stay? Is there another bank you would recommend? It has been awhile since I've been to Europe and my first without my DH who has to work.

Per Viking’s FAQ page, they don’t take Traveler’s Checks.

ive flown a klm 787 to Amsterdam. it was great and very comfortable. its very unlikely that airlines will fly it to rome except from the west coast

update: apparently AA flies it to rome from ORD and norwegian from lax and ewr

Twilight Trastevere Tour Friday 3/23/2018 - Update

https://www.eatingitalyfoodtours.com/rome/tours/twilight-trastevere/

Below is the current list of food tour participants. There is still room for more!

Friday, March 23rd, 2018 - deposit has been paid to secure our spot. (invoice 1461).

We are now up to 32 people for the food tour - the cost is $113.00 US

We will be split into possibly 3 groups - 4:15 & 5:00 & 5:45 are the tour start times.

Please let me know if any dietary restrictions (they cannot accommodate gluten or dairy free).

Please let me know if you would like to join us on this food tour!!

My wife and I would like to join this food tour, Do we book on the site or do you add us the list?

Name DIS Boards Name Count

Karen A @apurplebrat 1
Jason @JWren1234 1
Chris & Chuck @christannj 2
Micki & John @tardis1029 2
Kristy & Dustin @khertz & @DDuck4Life 2
Marilee & Dino @corky441 2
Will @met19 1
Kevin & Kate @Cousin Orville 2
Beth & Trish @MaryKatesMom 2
Chandra & Patty @bamagoofy 2
Bob & Nancy @Oilheadbob2017 2
Phil & Judi @TheMaxRebo 2
Karen & Bruce @kipper 2
Scott & Pam @sshaw10060 2
Erin & Gretchen @Enorto1 2
Christy @Chropistopy 1
Angela & Eva @Skip3key 2
Gene & Bobbi @disneytized13 2

Tour Description
Trastevere is a neighborhood like no other. Its ivy-coated, cobblestone streets come alive at night earning it comparisons to Greenwich Village and Paris’s Left Bank. It’s where Romans choose to eat with their families on a Sunday and where young Romans go for buzzing nightlife at evenings and weekends. You can’t leave Rome without walking through these streets, tasting the best food on offer, and taking a million pictures of this amazing hotspot.

On this guided 4-hour walking food tour we explore this photogenic neighborhood by night. You’ll sample a sumptuous blend of Italian classics like pizza and pasta, real Roman street food, less-known meats and cheeses, and amazing wine in a secret cellar – its history will blow you away. Few activities in Rome deliver as many hidden surprises and enchanting moments as this, so be sure to join us for an unforgettable night in one of our favorite neighborhoods in Rome. Take advantage of Rome’s vibrant nightlife by walking through the streets of Trastevere with a local.

A few of us did this tour during our September 2014 ABD Viva Italia. It was AWESOME!

Kristy did a great report located on the boards

https://www.disboards.com/threads/show-no-fear-dis-exclusive-viva-italia-dlp-tr-sept-2014-complete-new-tr-link-added-7-3.3335259/page-3#post-52386617

I don’t understand- why would you need *another* ATM card? It’s been pretty easy to find ATM machines in Italy.

So Booking air fair home from Venice, When do we disembark? Saturday the 31st, or Sunday April 1st? and Does any know what time?

We get to Venice on the 30th and stay over night there and then the last day (disembarkment day) is the 31st. Since we will already be docked you can leave as early as you want

I don’t understand- why would you need *another* ATM card? It’s been pretty easy to find ATM machines in Italy.

HSBC, as far as I can tell does not have any ATM's in Italy. Also, the private tour company I am using in Rome and Venice is cash which will take me over my limit daily on those days.

Hi...mom and I are a party of two who also need transportation to the port that day so we would be onboard (also doing the am Vatican tour)

I think Cackyschmackers is also looking for transportation that day...

Yes, thank you! We are still looking to share a ride from Rome city center to the port of Civitavecchia the day of departure. We are also doing an early Vatican tour that morning. I think we will check out of our hotel around 11am (or earlier) if anyone is interested in sharing a ride ro the port.

ive flown a klm 787 to Amsterdam. it was great and very comfortable. its very unlikely that airlines will fly it to rome except from the west coast

update: apparently AA flies it to rome from ORD and norwegian from lax and ewr

I am looking at the flight from LAX on Norwegian.... But now to figure out how to get back from Venice!

I am looking at the flight from LAX on Norwegian.... But now to figure out how to get back from Venice!
I would love to fly a 787 again. Loved it. More pressurization leads to more comfort. Larger windows too. But alas, I am flying Delta (who are pretty good) and I would rather one stop from San Diego and back. So I am doing SAN-JFK-FCO and then VCE-JFK-SAN.

Yes, thank you! We are still looking to share a ride from Rome city center to the port of Civitavecchia the day of departure. We are also doing an early Vatican tour that morning. I think we will check out of our hotel around 11am (or earlier) if anyone is interested in sharing a ride ro the port.

This is the same time frame we are looking at...heading down around hotel check-out at 1100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter