• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, only what you currently own...the post can include all the details of what you own in terms of resorts, etc. But the total is what I will include in the list and having it right there will save me lots of time doing the math...even with a calculator!!!

I am close...at 900...and want to get to the 1000 club, but won't happen until 2024 or 2025....I keep going back and forth with RIV or Poly tower!
Add at RIV.... :) Do it, do it, do it....
See, this is why the boards are bad. You have random strangers pushing you to spend money on vacations.

You seem to love Riviera so is there a benefit of having a big pile of points in one resort to help with planning multiple room trips for family? That’s or major issue. Having enough points for family stays every few years in the resorts we love. Thankfully we are summer travel people so it’s not that hard to trade in if needed at 7 months. Perhaps new poly will be somewhat easy to book given it’s likely larger room focused? Lots to consider for sure. Best to just have enough for both resorts and get well above 1000…. :)
I definitely feel having more at one place for larger trips works but we also will be at RIV every trip since we almost exclusively split stay…that is why when I add on next year, I’m probably looking at RIV, even though the tower intrigues me!

Awww - that's sad. All the old timers gave inspiration in addonitis. I find it disappointing to not have them there. Does it matter if they are posting anymore or not? It's not like there are any prizes given out for being at the top so actually still owners or not doesn't matter. It's was a snapshot of where some people landed.

Haven't you sold all of your DVC Maistre Gracey?
Yes. I Guess my point is I know many of those good folks on the list have also done the same. That’s why I suggested a truly new list of current posters.
Does anyone really care about posters from 15 years ago that have sold their points and haven’t been here for 10+ years?? I mean, sad to say but probably some of those have passed.
I was on the list, but asked to be taken off simply because I’m still an active poster.

Yes. I Guess my point is I know many of those good folks on the list have also done the same. That’s why I suggested a truly new list of current posters.
Does anyone really care about posters from 15 years ago that have sold their points and haven’t been here for 10+ years?? I mean, sad to say but probably some of those have passed.
I was on the list, but asked to be taken off simply because I’m still an active poster.
The next questi on might be does it really matter at all how many points anybody current or past has? The point is it's just for fun and I thought it was fun to see what levels people were at whether it's past or present. There were people on that list that were pretty much gone by the time I got here which is now quite awhile ago. And also others who were banned from the boards which is a little sensitive right now. I know it wasn't the intent especially since it sounds like the names were left there by Sandi originally until someone suggested they not be but it felt a little ick to have more history wiped out at this time.

For my vote, as an owner still, I liked seeing the history if we're going to be counting. At the moment it's looking pretty sparse anyway and odd. A lot of owners aren't even aware how many points are allowed to be owned. I guess it would be my chance to get into the top 10 though.

Just my .02 same as yours though. I found it ironic that the suggestion from a non-owner was jumped on and removal done. Sandi's list though now so continue on.

Holding steady at 2271 points total.

(Look at me, having resisted the urge to add-on again FOR A WHOLE YEAR. "Hi, my name is @Lorana, I've been add-on free for 12 months now, but this summer incentive has really been testing my resolve..." ;-) )
Oh, I forgot to include my breakdown:

Grand Total: 2271
Total Direct: 846, Total Resale: 1425

Animal Kingdom Lodge: 510 (160 Jambo, 300 Kidani; 110 Direct, 400 Resale)
Boulder Ridge: 295 (127 Direct, 168 Resale)
Copper Creek: 799 with 3 Guaranteed Weeks: #44 (runDisney) , #47 Thanksgiving most years, #48. (354 Direct, 445 Resale)
Polynesian: 100 (100 Resale)
Riviera: 230 (230 Direct)
Saratoga Springs: 150 (150 Resale)
Hilton Head: 125 (25 Direct, 100 Resale)
Grand Californian 62 (62 Resale)

I have a total of 33 contracts, ranging in size from 25 to 168, with the majority in the 50 to 100 range.

We re-wrote our contracts 3x because of changing summer incentives and because DH was like, "why not go for 1000 then....?"

In order of # of points:
VGF: 566
RIV: 250
BLT: 185

Total: 1,001 ... nights.

And even though I took his enabling and ran with it, he complained at how many contracts he had to sign (and re-sign). But then when the magical beginnings checks came in the mail, he was all happy again.
I am close...at 900...and want to get to the 1000 club, but won't happen until 2024 or 2025....I keep going back and forth with RIV or Poly tower
If you hadn't sold your BWV you'd be over 1000 right?

I had wanted to have enough points to book a RIV GV sometime, but now it's looking more like the next GV stay will be at VGF.

We re-wrote our contracts 3x because of changing summer incentives and because DH was like, "why not go for 1000 then....?"

In order of # of points:
VGF: 566
RIV: 250
BLT: 185

Total: 1,001 ... nights.

And even though I took his enabling and ran with it, he complained at how many contracts he had to sign (and re-sign). But then when the magical beginnings checks came in the mail, he was all happy again.

If you hadn't sold your BWV you'd be over 1000 right?

I had wanted to have enough points to book a RIV GV sometime, but now it's looking more like the next GV stay will be at VGF.

Yes, I would have been! I can’t wait to make the list!!!

Oh wow, I thought 1000 had to do with posts or something not DVC points. lol

How many days a year does the avg 1000 point member spend on vacation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter