DIS FIT 2021 New Hopes, Dreams & Goals, Chit Chat Thread

Financial Goals: 2021
: Start a new to me car fund with my Credit Union.

Blue Belle will need a rest in a few years and NOT financing a new car is important to me.

: Contribute to the Retirement Fund as much as possible

: Plan for a new dishwasher cause you know the old one is on it's last lap.

: Restock my Starbucks account with Airmiles. That someday when I can return to Disney/Universal may
just come and blindside me.

Drop Birthday gifts for family/friends to $20-$40 each.
Remember it is the thought.

: Watch my new Condo Board Of Directors like a hawk.
I just don't trust any of them.

Health & Wellness: 2021
: Ok I flipped off the horse,,, no easy fall for me.
I know that this effects my mental health and well being but I am going to need a lot of encouragement to
get back in the saddle. I think my tracker says 1000 steps a day right now.

: (Oh and muffins are just an excuse to eat cake for breakfast Mel).

: Walk once a day starting with 10 minutes each day.

: Use the Rebounder once a day,,,, minimum 10 minutes.

: Get the dental work done as soon as possible.
I need two crowns and have Insurance which will cover 80% ,,, so no real financial excuse.
I do have a fear of dental pain ,,, I just need to deal with this.

: Connect with family members once a week.

:Redesign my at home work area because the current one is driving me crazy.

: Cut back on TV, Computer, phone --all electronics use.
It's interesting than only 4 years ago I refused to get a cell phone .... now I can't go anywhere without it.

: Continue with my knitting and think about reading a few books.

That's about it for me.
So ready to start a New Year!!!

Hugs
Mel

Oh I forgot my HOPE:
1608418289013.png

Last edited:
That's quite a list. I will have to start on one. Right now I'm just trying to get through the next week.

I also have to get back on the treadmill and walk, eat a more balanced diet, and carve out time for creativity.

That's enough for today.

I have a few goals for 2021. I need to decide if we are moving or not, and if so where to. That's the big goal, financially and everything else. I believe I will be able to continue working from home indefinitely. Which means we can live anywhere I guess. Which makes it a hard decision.

My health, I need to move more! I was doing well but stopped. I need to get my step count back up. And I need to get back on keto, it is what makes me feel best. I want to feel healthier and more energetic.

Financial Goals: 2021
: Start a new to me car fund with my Credit Union.

Blue Belle will need a rest in a few years and NOT financing a new car is important to me.

: Contribute to the Retirement Fund as much as possible

: Plan for a new dishwasher cause you know the old one is on it's last lap.
That's an ambitious list Mel. I'm in somewhat the same boat. Need a new car, dishwasher, kitchen tap started leaking the day after I got a plumber to fix the toilet tank...I don't think duct tape will help me here.
Probably have to cancel my May Disney trip. Maybe that's a good thing financially. :)
All the best to my Dis friends in 2021.

I feel like I need clear goals after this year (2020).

So far I have started a few minutes each day on the rebounder.

I rearranged my work area and feel so much better now that I have accessibility to everything.

I crashed in some Airmiles on mine & my son's cards and put $200.00 into my Starbucks account.

I got a new book for Christmas *Michael J Fox , No Time Like The Future* and managed to read the inside front cover so far. (I'll get there)

Heather
Oh boy home relocating is a BIG goal Hon.
My youngest son was doing Keto and he found that he felt a lot healthier on it.

Adamsmum
Yeah my fear is the dishwasher dying during the current lockdown but as my middle son pointed out we could just wash everything by hand (which means you mom could just wash everything by hand).lol
Yeah I had a Easter trip planned and have now listed it with a Broker as there is little chance I'll be able to go. Oh well soon ,,,very soon I hope.

Best wishes for a great New Year!
Hugs
Mel

we have a new landscaping company in our townhouse complex and they do a great job clearing the parking lot and sidewalks but no longer demand that all the cars get moved first. We both absolutely LOVE 💘 this because it means we don't need to clean the car off until we want to and since that means getting dressed, nope hadn't happened since that dumping we got between Christmas eve and late yesterday. I STILL haven't had my Mastercard threshold spend post to my airmiles account even though I've spent over $800 and that's my 5th coupon so I'm planning on first checking the statement to confirm my math and if need be head to Metro to buy a gift card (always need groceries, right). Sooo, after I cut up a massive Butternut Squash and threw it into the oven to roast and peeled 10lbs of Taters and filled the instant pot i bundled up and headed out to tackle the snow. I made sure to tuck my phone into my back pocket before I went out. I came back in and both the squash and Taters were done meaning I'd been out for at least an hour. I changed, got myself a snack, turned on my speaker, blasted pentatonix Christmas music and pulled out my phone to check my step count ..... WTAF??!!?? 325 that it registered from making the bed, starting laundry and working in the kitchen but not. ONE. SINGLE. STEP from outside, nada, zip, zilch

😡🤬🤬🤬🤬😡

I got a lot of chocolate for Christmas. The debate is, eat it all before Jan 1 when I start keto again, or... have it last and enjoy one every few days (which will probably wreck keto). I guess my mistake was buying myself a bit when I should have known my parents would also buy me some. 3 bags of lindt, 3 chocolate oranges, two boxes of chocolate covered cherries... and some aero truffles from my niece. All my favs. Mmm. Kiddo doesn't like any of them, he did get some white lindt in his stocking which is the only kind he really likes.

I am sooooo ready for this thread !! I quietly started some goals in 2020 and managed some huge changes for me. My health was becoming a concern and I just said “Now or Never” and didn’t look back.
I started eating a whole foods plant based diet in October and have lost 30 lbs. I want to lose 75 total so I’m creeping up on half way there. My energy level is fantastic and I’m feeling really good!

The next step is to increase our walking/hiking. We walk the dogs every day and I walk about 45 minutes on weekday mornings. We will be challenging ourselves to longer and harder outdoor hikes. The goal is to join a hiking club in the Spring. Ultimately when I hit goal weight and fitness level we will go back out west and do some big hikes in the Rockie Mountains. There is no place that I love more and this dream will motivate me through the hard work ahead.

Financially we have some big goals that I won’t list here but we are going to try to spend as little as possible and be very frugal to hit these goals. At the end we will be taking the whole family back to Disney (saving up slowly for that too) . I am hoping December 2021 or early 2022 if everything falls into place.

DH and I will be working as a team on all of these goals and dreams and that makes it all more possible .

I am sooooo ready for this thread !! I quietly started some goals in 2020 and managed some huge changes for me. My health was becoming a concern and I just said “Now or Never” and didn’t look back.
I started eating a whole foods plant based diet in October and have lost 30 lbs. I want to lose 75 total so I’m creeping up on half way there. My energy level is fantastic and I’m feeling really good!
We have very similar goals!
I am 25 lbs down for the year....around another 25 to go for my biggest weight loss. I will see how I feel and look when I reach that first big goal. The hubby is down 38 lbs and almost at his goal weight. We are walking together in the evenings...especially after we each got each other new winter boots for Christmas lol. Our plan is to go hiking this summer in the mountains too. Especially since on a clear day, we can see the mountains far in the horizon. We are extremely lucky to live in an area with so many hiking trails, and unexplored wilderness.

On a financial front, we are buckling down on the spending, are looking to make (for us) a big investment into what we are hoping will help with out retirement fund.

For now, I will continue to work at the part-time job, as I really do enjoy working there. The staff is great, and the little bit of extra income helps to pad the travel account. I would love to say we are going to DW late next Nov/Dec, but I just don't know what to expect for travelling next year. We are still planning on a hot destination in Jan 2022 to celebrate our 50 birthdays. We chatted about it on our walk yesterday. Dh keeps checking the weather of the destinations we have in mind :flower: I think that is a good thing :tilt: I am very hopeful that we will be going somewhere so I do not have to be freezing my butt off for another birthday.

I am still hopeful for a Disney vacation with our boys. I want them and Dh to experience Both Disney and Universal. I will keep collecting Am, PC points, and keep saving my monthly personal budgeted spending amount to save for these upcoming trips.
Just heard a quote on CNN. "Every month in 2021 is going to get better than the last". That is something to keep in mind as we move forward towards "normal". Onwards and upwards...
I am ready to move forward. 2020 has been trying for everyone. I hope that in 6 months things will be turning around, and we will be able to move forward, and not be stuck where we are right now.

we have a new landscaping company in our townhouse complex and they do a great job clearing the parking lot and sidewalks but no longer demand that all the cars get moved first. We both absolutely LOVE 💘 this because it means we don't need to clean the car off until we want to and since that means getting dressed, nope hadn't happened since that dumping we got between Christmas eve and late yesterday. I STILL haven't had my Mastercard threshold spend post to my airmiles account even though I've spent over $800 and that's my 5th coupon so I'm planning on first checking the statement to confirm my math and if need be head to Metro to buy a gift card (always need groceries, right). Sooo, after I cut up a massive Butternut Squash and threw it into the oven to roast and peeled 10lbs of Taters and filled the instant pot i bundled up and headed out to tackle the snow. I made sure to tuck my phone into my back pocket before I went out. I came back in and both the squash and Taters were done meaning I'd been out for at least an hour. I changed, got myself a snack, turned on my speaker, blasted pentatonix Christmas music and pulled out my phone to check my step count ..... WTAF??!!?? 325 that it registered from making the bed, starting laundry and working in the kitchen but not. ONE. SINGLE. STEP from outside, nada, zip, zilch

😡🤬🤬🤬🤬😡

I know I know this has happened to me before ,,, here's the trick I found ... put the phone is a pocket of a hoodie or house coat, the swing ing movement seems to help.
I hate snow so much I shoveled out the backyard to get a view of the grass... I know crazy but worth it.

Hugs Mel

We have very similar goals!
I am 25 lbs down for the year....around another 25 to go for my biggest weight loss. I will see how I feel and look when I reach that first big goal. The hubby is down 38 lbs and almost at his goal weight. We are walking together in the evenings...especially after we each got each other new winter boots for Christmas lol. Our plan is to go hiking this summer in the mountains too. Especially since on a clear day, we can see the mountains far in the horizon. We are extremely lucky to live in an area with so many hiking trails, and unexplored wilderness.

On a financial front, we are buckling down on the spending, are looking to make (for us) a big investment into what we are hoping will help with out retirement fund.

For now, I will continue to work at the part-time job, as I really do enjoy working there. The staff is great, and the little bit of extra income helps to pad the travel account. I would love to say we are going to DW late next Nov/Dec, but I just don't know what to expect for travelling next year. We are still planning on a hot destination in Jan 2022 to celebrate our 50 birthdays. We chatted about it on our walk yesterday. Dh keeps checking the weather of the destinations we have in mind :flower: I think that is a good thing :tilt: I am very hopeful that we will be going somewhere so I do not have to be freezing my butt off for another birthday.

I am still hopeful for a Disney vacation with our boys. I want them and Dh to experience Both Disney and Universal. I will keep collecting Am, PC points, and keep saving my monthly personal budgeted spending amount to save for these upcoming trips.

I am ready to move forward. 2020 has been trying for everyone. I hope that in 6 months things will be turning around, and we will be able to move forward, and not be stuck where we are right now.
You‘re doing great !! I’m so jealous of where you live ! We drove out to Banff and Jasper in 2018 and were able to get a reservation to hike the Lake Ohara region. It’s done by lottery now. It was absolutely magnificent. It ranks up there with one of the most memorable experiences of my life. So every pound I lose gets me closer to the goal of getting back out there and hiking !
I‘m so excited to go after this years goals and dreams. I think 2020 has really shown us what matters . I hope you get that warm weather trip you are dreaming of . I hope will all do! :grouphug::sunny:

I’m actually starting with you guys this year . I need to drop and get healthy again. My daughter and I set a ridiculous goal so ridiculous I won’t share ha ha , but I’m going to try and keep up with her. IM eating all my fav crap food before tomorrow at midnight and look out Jan 1 .. it’s on ..
pls feel free to kick my A$$ if I stop posting here ha ha seriously

I have started today by having veggies again for my lunch meal. I had stopped that for a while.

I was watching something that came up on facebook, not related to health but it was interesting. People set goals like "lose 30 lbs" but they should be setting goals that are more tangible, like "walk 30 minutes a day" or "eat 5 servings of vegetables a day" and focus on those types of goals, then the weight loss will happen. It was applying it to education but the theory is the same. It's interesting to me. I tend to set arbitrary pounds lost and never hit those goals. But perhaps if my goal was to eat keto or walk a certain distance a day, or even a certain amount of time, it would be easier to stick to as I see the results of that, and reward myself for a certain number of days completed instead of a certain number of pounds lost. Any way. I'll have to think on what I want those goals to be I guess, related to walking/exercise and eating.

My 2021 goals will be:

Continue to jog at least 5x weekly (usually a 10K run each time).
In the house: install new flooring and baseboards (which will mean finding a wicked sale on clearance engineered hardwood or something like that). Also, put in new kitchen cabinets and counters (and I will also find a deal someone who is remodeling and selling their perfectly good used ones for cheap lol). Replacing the ugly old baseboard heaters with new ones.
Savings? Not likely this year lol.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter