When ~ 13th/15th August 2010

Where ~ Southampton

Accomodation ~ Novotel

Who's Going ~

So far :-

Mandy & Jules (booked)
Natalie & Joh (booked)
Claire W (Chilly) & Theresa (booked)
Claire S (Fizzy) & Bethan - for the Saturday night (booked)
Claire M (Pinky) & Karen (booked)
Tam, Deb & Derek (booked)
Claire L (Bubbly) & Corinna (booked)
Nicky (booked)
Andrea (booked)
Tina (booked)
Elaine & Lesley (booked)

So who's up for a weekend of shopping, eating, drinking and a good old boogie ? Well if you're up for it (so to speak :rotfl:), then come along and join us

If you want to know what we've got up to on previous Girly Weekends, then check out our 'trip reports', we really do have a great time

Birmingham 2007

Cardiff 2008

Birmingham 2009

Still interested ? Great.

Well at the moment, if you pay for your room up front it will be £69 per room, per night (the rooms have a double bed and convertible settee), and it includes breakfast. Or it's £80 including breakfast per room per night, and it looks like you don't have to pay up front. Another option is booking using Tesco Clubcard deals. It works out to £90 per room per night and includes breakfast, and you are able to cancel the room up until 2pm on the day of check-in

Other Info

The hotel is in a great location. It's 5 minutes from the railway station. For shopping there is a small shopping centre The Mall (which has a Disney Store) and the main shopping centre is West Quay

There is a TGI Friday's near to the hotel, and 5 minutes away there is a leisure complex with a Frankie & Benny's and a nightclub

Other clubs are the 70's club Flares and a short taxi ride away is the 80's club Reflex

I hope you all fancy joining us, it will be great to see some new faces and those that have been on our previous weekends too

Come along ~ it's going to be a good laugh :thumbsup2

Approx. time of arrival

Nat, Joh & Nicky ~ car ~ 1.30pm
Mandy ~ train ~ ? 12.41/1.41/2.41pm
Jules ~ train ~ 2.04pm
Deb & Tam ~ train ~ 1.41pm
Claire W ~ train ~ 1.41pm
Theresa ~ car ~ 3pm
Claire M & Claire S ~ car ~ 1.30pm
Karen ~ train ~ 1.22pm
Andrea ~ car ~ lunchtime
Claire L ~ car ~ midday
Corinna ~ train ~ 12.22pm
Tina ~train ~ 2.42pm

Saturday

Beth ~ train ~ 10am
Elaine & Lesley ~ car ~ 10am

Just to warn you in case you dont know - there are two exits from Southampton Station - the one you want is the one which looks onto ToysRUs . You have to go out through a barrier and put your ticket in. If you go out the wrong way there is a foot bridge over the line.

For those coming by train, once you exit the station, cross the main road ahead of you towards ToysRUs, go through the car park and there is a retail park in front of you. You need to turn right (though you may need to cut through the retail park car park as I'm not sure if there is a path all the way round) and you will see TGI Fridays, our hotel is behind TGI's, it's only a short walk :)

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Rough Plan of Action

Friday

Arrive at hotel, drinkies in Nat & Joh's room
Get ready
Head to TGI Friday's for cocktails and meal (though we weren't able to book our table, the earlier we arrive the better)
Flare's nightclub (free before 10pm)

Saturday

9/9.30ish breakfast in hotel
10ish, hit the shops/shop til we drop/Primark (for the saddos :rotfl2:) & pub for the alkies
2.gif

(We will head to The Mall (ex Marlands) and towards the Disney Store first)
If we break up into smaller groups during the day, meet at TGI's for a cocktail & a catch up around 4pm
Back to hotel to get ready
6.30/7pm - drinks in bar or cocktails in TGI's/Get taxi
7.30pm - Meal at La Regata
Reflex nightclub (free before 10pm)

Sunday

Breakfast/Rennie & paracetamol
Say goodbye :(

Well as its just down the road from me you can count me in!

I will be on Holiday probably a good thing as being a Pompey supporter im not sure i could behave myself in Southampton, Im sure im on a few wanted posters there already :rotfl2:

hope you all have a fab time :thumbsup2

were away these dates in the summer, shame as i was gutted to miss the last one .

Jen, that's great :)

Rachel and Terri, so sorry you can't make it.

looking forward to it already, thanks for sorting the room Mand xx

:cool1: great news !

I will be on Holiday probably a good thing as being a Pompey supporter im not sure i could behave myself in Southampton, Im sure im on a few wanted posters there already :rotfl2:

were away these dates in the summer, shame as i was gutted to miss the last one .

Sorry you wont be able to make it :hug:

Ok I'm in! looking at the calendar I already know I am child free that weekend and its also the weekend before my birthday which means i am well up for it:rotfl:
I dont have a room buddy so if anyone needs one let me know.

should i just book the room Mandy? sounds like you already have yours?

I am so excited I am finally able to come to one of these:dance3:

Sounds good, I'm going to do my best to be there at least for the saturday night. We're not the biggest planners of holidays, so providing Richard doesn't ask me a week before if I want to go on holiday, I'll be there:thumbsup2 I'll book my room a bit later on though when I can confirm. So pleased it isn't the weekend before school like last year :cool1:

Claire, it's great that you can make it too. If Jen is planning to stay over, maybe the two of you could bunk in together :idea:

I have booked mine and Nat's room - we will be using Tesco vouchers to pay for it and it's costing £45 in vouchers for the two nights. You can pay part vouchers, part cash though if you want.

Joanne, it will be great if you can come - we'll finally get to meet :hug:

Sounds absolutely wonderful ..... but just a bit too far away for me. I am looking forward to the girly weekend one day being up in Manchester or somewhere a bit closer to the back of beyond of North Wales. But it sounds like you will have a great time with all of those lovely restaurants and cocktail establishments close by.

i can come :cool1::cool1::cool1:
as i too only live up the road from there i could pop down for a few drinks on the saturday if thats ok with ya all ! :dance3:

I cannot stress enough how much fun these weekends are :cool1:

::yes::

:cool1: That's great jen

Oh what a shame girls, it would've been great to see you there

looking forward to it already, thanks for sorting the room Mand xx

:hug: No probs hun

Ok I'm in! looking at the calendar I already know I am child free that weekend and its also the weekend before my birthday which means i am well up for it:rotfl:
I dont have a room buddy so if anyone needs one let me know.

should i just book the room Mandy? sounds like you already have yours?

I am so excited I am finally able to come to one of these:dance3:

:yay: Nice one Claire, as Joh suggests, try and team up with someone else, and you can both book the room between you.

Sounds good, I'm going to do my best to be there at least for the saturday night. We're not the biggest planners of holidays, so providing Richard doesn't ask me a week before if I want to go on holiday, I'll be there:thumbsup2 I'll book my room a bit later on though when I can confirm. So pleased it isn't the weekend before school like last year :cool1:

:banana: That's great Joanne, it will be fab to see you, even if it's just for one night

Sounds absolutely wonderful ..... but just a bit too far away for me. I am looking forward to the girly weekend one day being up in Manchester or somewhere a bit closer to the back of beyond of North Wales. But it sounds like you will have a great time with all of those lovely restaurants and cocktail establishments close by.

What a shame Sarah, maybe next time

as i too only live up the road from there i could pop down for a few drinks on the saturday if thats ok with ya all ! :dance3:

:woohoo: Of course that will be OK with us Michelina, I look forward to seeing you

:cool1: great, will look forward to meeting you both xx

Its exciting too meet new people, and meet up with my old ones of course!!! Mand, is there a subway in Southampton?

I'm in. :cool1: I look forward to meeting you all. :banana:

Off to have a look at the Novotel & book a room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter