DIS Meet at the Fort on Friday January 6, 2017?

Which Time Do You Prefer For The DIS Meet on Friday Jan 6?

• Lunchtime (11am to 1pm-ish)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Dinnertime (5pm to 7pm-sh)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
We are getting to the point for the early January 2017 visit where we should try to nail down a date and a time for a DIS Meet. Let's shoot for Friday January 6. I've received a kind offer from someone to bring some food to the Meet (if we can get a head count): chicken and potato salad and Friday is a good day for the cook. I'm willing to host wherever I end up with my popup in loop 100/200 or someone else can offer (a Premium site might give us more room) - I'm just trying to move things along. If someone is a Type A planner and would like to run this, I am more than happy to hand off. ::yes::

I thought a poll might be good to determine if lunchtime or dinnertime would be preferable. Also if volunteers would want to bring something to supplement the meal (rolls, a veg, dessert), speak up for that too.

So on the poll at the top, post your preference for lunch or dinner.

Then respond in the thread with a headcount for the cook and anything you might offer to bring.

This could be really fun! Food and fellowship go really good together.

Bama ED

PS - what have I forgotten?

EDIT #1 - 2goofycampers has graciously offered to host at her Premium site TBD. Her suggestion of a BYOD&C (bring your own drink and chair) sounds like a winner too.

EDIT #2 - Running Headcount:

Total: (9)
================================
bama_ed (2)
garneska (2)
boomer1 (2)
2goofycampers (2)
the cook TRS (1)

Who else?

Last edited:
I voted for lunch but am open for either. I thought more folks would have dinner plans already scheduled so lunch might be a better option.

We are 2 folks (Ed & Lisa). I'll bring some rolls.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
I really cannot say which time will work for me since my daughter and two granddaughters are joining us. We plan on heading to MK when I return from running the 10k on Friday. If my legs are not spaghetti I plan on sticking with them as long as they keep going. I would like to bring some deviled eggs over though so I can at least be there in spirit.
Maureen

Ed, I said lunch but that is because we are running Saturday morning. We can make either work since it's a work day and not a park day.

Lunch is good, 11am. We will be 2 people. We will bring pasta and a dessert. Our camping group always did BYOD&C, bring your own drink & chair.

We can have it at our site, we asked for 500 loop.

We will be in preferred (hoping for 100/200). We are traveling with friends that are staying at the SOG, so we probably won't be able to do either lunch or dinner. But, hopefully we can stick our heads in to say hello. If not, we're the site with all things Wisconsin (packers, badgers, Brewers, lol)...hope to meet some of you!

We will be in preferred (hoping for 100/200). We are traveling with friends that are staying at the SOG, so we probably won't be able to do either lunch or dinner. But, hopefully we can stick our heads in to say hello. If not, we're the site with all things Wisconsin (packers, badgers, Brewers, lol)...hope to meet some of you!

That's understandable, Ozgood. Nowadays a WDW vacation means committing far in advance for ADR's, Fastpasses, etc. on specific days (of course changes can still be made but that's on short notice with all that goes along with that). Trying to pull off a DIS meet is like herding cats.

In the past we have one big trip report thread (the late December to mid January thread is pinned at the top of the Camping Board for that purpose) and folks usually post pix, when they arrive and their site number (if they wish to), and comment on comings and goings of others. So use that to let us know where you land if you want to. Personally I like to get around to meet folks if they are outside their rv/camper and enjoy meeting folks who come by where I am.

It sounds like you will be easy to find in your loop. Our poster bjschil is a Wisconsinite, I believe, and decorates their site with cows that have cheeseheads on them (funny) which is also her avatar.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I also voted for lunch, but would gladly change in order to meet fellow Disers. Not sure what we will bring( we will be 2) but will keep checking in and bring something to share.

We head out on the 6th, I think (I have a reservation till the 7th but it won't let me change it online). Will drive by if it's at lunch and say hi:). Hopefully, I can catch Ed and say hello before we leave. We get there on the 2nd. We will be in TN for NYE. We are leaving Miami, driving to Orlando to drop off the popup at a friend's house, and driving straight through to TN. On the 1st, we leave, go by Atlanta to show my kids my University and where I lived and will arrive at the Fort on the 2nd. We will be so ready for camping!!! Can't wait.

Wish we could join y'all!! This past January we arrived o the 3rd for little over 2 wks. We did Meet some. Arnold would bring his famous Krispy dessert made with cookie butter. We gave some to Frank & Denise this past January. Be thinking of y'all on the 6th.
PS the 8th will be Elvis birthday lol

So wish we could be there This was supposed to be a Bucket List trip but things went wrong from time we started to last min. packing to we made choice to cancel and head home but Jan 2018 here we come

ALMOST READY . . .
1) The potato salad is made.
. . . Like chili, it is always best when allowed to sit for at least one-day for the flavors to meld.
2) The rotisserie chickens are rotating.
. . . I will chill it and wrap it for our Pick-i-Nick.
3) The Maui Wine is chilling.
. . . If the food is not that good, enough Maui (taken for medicinal purposes, only) will make it seem good.

My family has arrived but unfortunately my Gd might have an ear infection. We will be going to urgent care this morning and hopefully meds will fix her up so she can make her BBB appointment at DS.
I won't be able to make those deviled eggs as planned. I wish I could have met you all. Maybe some other time...if and when the stars align again.
Maureen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter