DIS Men: Do you carry a daily bag?

Lord Manhammer

DIS Veteran
I've been carrying a shoulder bag for over 25 years after I saw men in Europe carry them and thought that it made a lot of sense. So I jumped in and never looked back. I've had several bags over the years but I've always carried SOMETHING. So DIS men (especially those in the USA), do you carry a daily bag? I'm not talking about a bag you use at the parks, but more of a daily "purse" type bag. If yes, what do you carry in it? For me, I carry my wallet, sunglasses, extra credit cards, keys, pocket knife, business card holder, cigarettes, zippo.

And also, if you don't carry one, why not? Would you? What does your partner think of it? My partner loves it as she usually carries a small IM clutch and gives me things to carry around.

I’ve carried a messenger bag to work for a very long time - but recently found that the selection of messenger bags was slim to none when I wanted to get another new one recently. I ended up buying a backpack since that seemed to be the trend and I’ve got to say it’s way more comfortable to carry and it holds more. I felt a little funny carrying a backpack to the office but I’m not the only one.

Oh, a murse! We have discussed these here before.

My men (DH, DS) do not, except at Disney (DH uses a backpack, otherwise never).

I think it’s a good idea and have seen some nice ones, but not all men want to use them.

No. Two relatives often did/do. One was a pipe smoker so had all that to carry around.

I try not to carry too much stuff. Though the phone and need for reading glasses is making me reconsider!

I would never wear one of those murse cross body bags. To me it seems like a fanny pack slung across your body rather than around your waist. I carry a backpack to and from work and when in the parks I may use a string bag depending on the weather and if I'm going to need to wear layers or charge my phone.

Otherwise I'm just keeping my phone, wallet, and keys in my pockets.

My husband would never ever carry one and I cant foresee either of my teen sons. My husband carries his wallet, car key (singular) and phone in his pants pockets. Leaves his sunglasses in the car most times. Carries a backpack when going on a plane or if he has to take his laptop to a different place.

Cross-body / fanny packs have a wanna-be gangster connotation here in Australia so none of my males would be caught dead with one.

My husband would never ever carry one and I cant foresee either of my teen sons. My husband carries his wallet, car key (singular) and phone in his pants pockets. Leaves his sunglasses in the car most times. Carries a backpack when going on a plane or if he has to take his laptop to a different place.

Cross-body / fanny packs have a wanna-be gangster connotation here in Australia so none of my males would be caught dead with one.
Fanny packs are gangster now? Wow. My daddy wore one with a western shirt, jeans and bolo tie. He must have been so scary! :rotfl2:
I noticed the thugs wear tracksuits in Scotland with a weird amount of fake Burberry. I didn’t know they were meant to be scary. One of them took an argument with the owner of my father in law’s local pub outside while we were having a meal. The owner came back inside covered in blood. I am a nurse so I jumped up to help. He said nah, its not my blood. Not so scary after all. If I saw that plus a Fanny pack Is be giggling not quaking.

My husband carries a small wallet in his front pocket with phone. He rarely has a bag except for travel and then it’s a small backpack. He bought his “travel troosers” which are Walmart cargo pants. Lots of pockets!

Have suffered from BPPV (intermittent poor balance) for nearly thirty years therefore always carry a backpack which can be deployed as a balancing tool.

ford family

My brother who now lives in Germany uses one and looks very “chic”. I love the look. My DH just got a bag from Coach (mens) for our trip to Italy/Greece. It looks amazing. Not sure he would wear it here but in Europe yes! 😉 It’s also a good way to prevent pickpocketing👍
:flower1:

I carry my wallet, sunglasses, extra credit cards, keys, pocket knife, business card holder, cigarettes, zippo.
Wallet: Back right pocket
Sunglasses: On my head
Extra Credit Cards: In my wallet. :confused3
Keys: Front right pocket
Pocket Knife: don't carry
Business Card holder: don't carry
Cigarettes: don't carry
Zippo: Don't carry
Cell phone: Back left pocket

If I'm travelling or working, I have a backpack that has:
Laptop & Charger
Tablet
Headphones
Notepad
Pens
Phone & tablet chargers & cables
Flashlight

When I was doing maintenance on a daily basis, I had a holster that carried flashlight, multi-tool, and pens.

As far as pants falling down, I wear a belt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter