• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dis Mom's Club?

Hi All, I'm not new to Dis but I just discovered this thread today.May I join you?

I'm Stacey... I turned 39 this month and decided I'll stay this age forever now :lmao: I've been married to my husband Bill for almost 13 years now. We have one daughter, Mary. She turned 3 back in March.

I always chuckle when people say, why do you bring her to Disney World at such a young age. It's a waste of money, she's never going to remember it. I tell them, we went every year before she was born, why would we give up our vacations? She enjoys it and we will remember it even if she doesn't. I will say it surprises me how much she really does remember from each trip though. The only trip I'm not sure about was when she was 9 months old. After her 18 month old trip, she would say she needs to go visit her friends again (She calls the princesses her friends now, LOL!)

We are DVC and our home resort is Animal Kingdom, Kidani Village. Our next trip was going to be in March but I got $75/each way airfare on Jetblue so I changed our dates to December to enjoy the holiday decorations. Because of the last minute change, we'll be staying at Saratoga Springs this trip.

Happy to be on board and look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Thanks,
-Stacey

Hi Welcome!! Great Rates on the flight!! My youngest DD was 2 when we went, she talks about it more since we have been back than my older two :goodvibes Saratoga Springs is our home resort, we love it. Grandstand area was so quiet and nice. We are staying there again in November... Have a great trip..

Hi Welcome!! Great Rates on the flight!! My youngest DD was 2 when we went, she talks about it more since we have been back than my older two :goodvibes Saratoga Springs is our home resort, we love it. Grandstand area was so quiet and nice. We are staying there again in November... Have a great trip..

Thanks for the welcome! We do LOVE Animal Kingdom because of the animals but I'm really looking forward to the holiday theming at SSR and being close to DTD this trip. We were at SSR last October and had a room in the Springs section, it was SO close to the food court, the splash pad with Donald, etc I loved the convenience! We will have a rental car but not having to buckle her into the car seat etc for a quick trip to pick up food is a nice convenience!

We took our DD for her very first pictures with Santa in DTD and love those pictures. We have the photopass for this trip so hope to get them done again. I don't think we'll get the CD in before Christmas but I can take her multiple times so we can pick the best pictures for our Christmas Cards. They took a bunch last time and they are so much nicer than what we can get done locally at the malls. I love seeing the size of her fingers on his.

This was from her first trip:
15957_1204929009357_1743556_n.jpg

I think I'm the only parent on these boards who would never have gone when my child was super little. For us, going at age 5 is a little young but I think DD will be fine.

Whereas everyone I take to who isn't a Disney nut things we are crazy because 5 is so young to take a child to Disney. :rotfl:

DH's cousin got married when we were at Disney for our honeymoon. They scheduled it after we had told everyone when we were going to Disney but even so we got a little flack for not being there.

DH was and is not close to that cousin and he was divorced less than a year later, so neither of us really cared that we missed the wedding.

I feel your pain. My husband thinks Universal would be a 'cooler' vacation :sad1:. What?!?!?! I need someone to be excited with me over this and dare I say it....have some ideas/opinions!!! Luckily....he is appeasing my Disney demands (though without his enthusiasm the demands are fairly weak without instigation on his part!!).

We are taking our first Disney World family vacation in April over my spring break (I teach 3rd grade) (fingers crossed we are not booked just yet) (prayers, we want to drive from CT :rotfl:). DH is an insurance adjuster. DS is 3 1/2 and DD is 14 mos. We went on the Disney Fantasy (Eastern) and booked a dummy date with hopes of going again in summer 2014. Luckily, DH really enjoyed the cruise and so there is a glimmer of hope, but I don't ever foresee him getting excited over a MM sighting in the park or a child's first haircut on Main St (that is where the barber shop I see pics of on here is, right??)

I'm in the same boat! DH tolerates my obsession, but it would be so much easier if he was as enthusiastic - I wouldn't have to try as hard to convince him to go down there. We're from CT too - the drive is not that bad, especially if you drive through the night and your littles sleep!

729tink said:
I'm in the same boat! DH tolerates my obsession, but it would be so much easier if he was as enthusiastic - I wouldn't have to try as hard to convince him to go down there. We're from CT too - the drive is not that bad, especially if you drive through the night and your littles sleep!

I wish we were just a little closer. I hate flying but the nightmares I'm having.....started checking flights out of White Plains. We'll see.

DisMom1981 said:
I wish we were just a little closer. I hate flying but the nightmares I'm having.....started checking flights out of White Plains. We'll see.

I wish we lived on the same continent as WDW lol! The thought of interrupting my DS's sleep cycle by taking him to WDW next year is really scary BUT we have a great bedtime routine in place so I'm hopeful that will stand to us when we travel! Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Hi i just stumbled upon this thread,i too am a Disney addicted mom(and sadly hubby doesn't get it)I have two princesses that are 9 and 7.HI all :)

Eoywin said:
I think I'm the only parent on these boards who would never have gone when my child was super little. For us, going at age 5 is a little young but I think DD will be fine.

Whereas everyone I take to who isn't a Disney nut things we are crazy because 5 is so young to take a child to Disney. :rotfl:

When we took our son at 14 and 24 months it wasn't for him. It was for us! We were having Disney withdrawal after nearly two years sans le mouse. So glad we went too because it was great to see Disney through a toddler's eyes. I was 5 for my first trip and every time i ride the Tomorrow Land Speedway i still think of my first ride on it with my Mom and how we bashed against the rails the entire time.

DisneyRegulars said:
When we took our son at 14 and 24 months it wasn't for him. It was for us! We were having Disney withdrawal after nearly two years sans le mouse. So glad we went too because it was great to see Disney through a toddler's eyes. I was 5 for my first trip and every time i ride the Tomorrow Land Speedway i still think of my first ride on it with my Mom and how we bashed against the rails the entire time.

Thats great to hear!! Our DS will be 14.5 mos on our trip and two different people told me I'm being very "brave" bringing him that young! :(

Hi i just stumbled upon this thread,i too am a Disney addicted mom(and sadly hubby doesn't get it)I have two princesses that are 9 and 7.HI all :)

:welcome:
pixiedust::wave2: My husband isnt disney crazed either but he saw just how much happiness it brought the kids and me seeing the kids so happy that he is starting to come around.

3 1/2 years later and I hit my 500th post. :banana:
Woohooo... Congrats! party:

I wish we lived on the same continent as WDW lol! The thought of interrupting my DS's sleep cycle by taking him to WDW next year is really scary BUT we have a great bedtime routine in place so I'm hopeful that will stand to us when we travel! Fingers and toes crossed!!!

Even being in the same time zone, going to disney all bedtime routines were out the window for us. :rotfl:

We will be doing that drive as well but from a little closer cause we are in MD. We left in early evening so that we could drive through the night as well. That way we didnt start hearing are we there yet until we were about 4 hours away. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the welcome! We do LOVE Animal Kingdom because of the animals but I'm really looking forward to the holiday theming at SSR and being close to DTD this trip. We were at SSR last October and had a room in the Springs section, it was SO close to the food court, the splash pad with Donald, etc I loved the convenience! We will have a rental car but not having to buckle her into the car seat etc for a quick trip to pick up food is a nice convenience!

We took our DD for her very first pictures with Santa in DTD and love those pictures. We have the photopass for this trip so hope to get them done again. I don't think we'll get the CD in before Christmas but I can take her multiple times so we can pick the best pictures for our Christmas Cards. They took a bunch last time and they are so much nicer than what we can get done locally at the malls. I love seeing the size of her fingers on his.

This was from her first trip:
15957_1204929009357_1743556_n.jpg

Aww. We loved Animal Kingdom lodge too. Waking up and seeing all those animals right on the resort was soo cool. And the quiet peacefulness was wonderful. Miss that place for sure. What time were you there when you did pics with Santa at DTD? I think we are skipping the phot pass cd this year because we only plan to be in the parks three days and mainly we plan to scurry around so we can get the kids on their fav rides. That way the rest of the trip we can relax. When did you say you were going this year? Just curious if they will have xmas decorations up when we are there.

Aww. We loved Animal Kingdom lodge too. Waking up and seeing all those animals right on the resort was soo cool. And the quiet peacefulness was wonderful. Miss that place for sure. What time were you there when you did pics with Santa at DTD? I think we are skipping the phot pass cd this year because we only plan to be in the parks three days and mainly we plan to scurry around so we can get the kids on their fav rides. That way the rest of the trip we can relax. When did you say you were going this year? Just curious if they will have xmas decorations up when we are there.

We were there the first week in December for these photos and are going the same week this year. I think I read somewhere that the decorations are usually up by the middle of November but I'm not certain and I don't know when Santa arrives for photos. They also had photos with Santa in the Magic Kingdom on our last trip but we found the lines were shorter at Downtown Disney.

Hi Everyone....
We are a family of 3 and will be taking our baby to WDW for the 1st time in November. We are meeting family that have a 2 & 6 year old.

Really looking forward to being there with our miracle baby!!!!!

Hope you don't mind if I stick around.....Maria

NEVERENOUGHWDW said:
Hi Everyone....
We are a family of 3 and will be taking our baby to WDW for the 1st time in November. We are meeting family that have a 2 & 6 year old.

Really looking forward to being there with our miracle baby!!!!!

Hope you don't mind if I stick around.....Maria

Welcome and congrats!!

Look under the Creative Community. I recognize your user name from somewhere on here. Photography? Running? Those are my usual hang outs on the Dis. Maybe the picture of the day thread?

Yes, photography...picture of the day.

nadiakim, thank you for the congrats!!!!! He's a dream come true:cloud9:

We arrived at WDW, yesterday. After driving all Friday night we had R&R yesterday and today. MNSSHP tomorrow. Have a Magical Night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter