Dis Mom's Club?

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Good to know I am not the only one who hates laundry. To be honest I don't mind the washing and drying. It is the folding and putting away that I hate!

I wish I could give my girls a surprise trip ~ but it will never happen! I get to excited the minute I book it!! LOL!

I work part time too. Tues and Thursday. I work long days on Tuesday ~ but can pretty much come and go as I please. :) Love it!!

Hi! My name is Heather. I've been in love with all things Disney since I was born! I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful hubby who's as much a Disney Freak as I am!! I have 2 boys - Chase is 10 and Eli will be 6 next week. They both love Disney as well! I just went to WDW in January for my 5th time. I'd go every year if we lived closer or we could afford it! ;)

By the way...I HATE laundry especially matching all the socks and underwear to the correct people!! :mad:

I didn't say my or DH's favorite character either I don't think. Mine is Roo from winnie the pooh, and DH's is Minnie.

I am now on my fourth load of laundry:laundy: (I like that little guy for some reason) I have taken Monkey out of Bug's crib twice already this nap time. Monkey loves climbing over into Bug's crib (their cribs are side by side we may have to look at that again now) anyway he get's into bugs crib and chases him around trying to hug him - there's not much room so when he catches him he tackles him while giving him a hug then doesn't get why Bug is crying.

Hello ladies!!
I'm Danielle and have an awesome just-turned-3 year old, Aidan. I'm originally from Tampa and have been living in Asheville, NC for almost 5 years. I am definitely a FL girl and miss it a lot. I get down to Tampa about twice a year.
I'm a single mom, great friends with my ex. I'm a key (basically an assistant manager/bartender) at Outback. Aidan and I will be going to Disney for his first trip in a couple weeks and we are SO excited!

I also hate laundry. A lot. I'd rather do any chore other than laundry.

Ahhhh ~ side by side cribs! Ummm that would never have worked here! One of them (probably Z) would have been suffocated with LOVE!

Welcome Danielle!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! Good to know I am not the only one who hates laundry. To be honest I don't mind the washing and drying. It is the folding and putting away that I hate!

I wish I could give my girls a surprise trip ~ but it will never happen! I get to excited the minute I book it!! LOL!

I work part time too. Tues and Thursday. I work long days on Tuesday ~ but can pretty much come and go as I please. :) Love it!!

That is the worst part of laundry, otherwise I wouldn't hate it so much. I do like towels for some reason. They ust look so neat and fluffy in the closet.

Hi! My name is Heather. I've been in love with all things Disney since I was born! I'm lucky enough to have a wonderful hubby who's as much a Disney Freak as I am!! I have 2 boys - Chase is 10 and Eli will be 6 next week. They both love Disney as well! I just went to WDW in January for my 5th time. I'd go every year if we lived closer or we could afford it! ;)

By the way...I HATE laundry especially matching all the socks and underwear to the correct people!! :mad:

Welcome Heather. Too bad you don't have girls, the trend (here anyway) is mismatched socks. I am LOVING it. They wear all different prints and colors all very neon and never match! :cool1:

Hello ladies!!
I'm Danielle and have an awesome just-turned-3 year old, Aidan. I'm originally from Tampa and have been living in Asheville, NC for almost 5 years. I am definitely a FL girl and miss it a lot. I get down to Tampa about twice a year.
I'm a single mom, great friends with my ex. I'm a key (basically an assistant manager/bartender) at Outback. Aidan and I will be going to Disney for his first trip in a couple weeks and we are SO excited!

I also hate laundry. A lot. I'd rather do any chore other than laundry.

Welcome to the mom, we hate laundry club. I :love: Outback. Just went for a date with my hubby there last night. YUM!

Our kids socks all go in a big mesh bag. Then I get mad when I need them and can't find a match!! :mad:

Welcome to the DisMom's Club!

Hi moms!!

I just found this thread and would love to join in !!

My secret to doing laundry -- the folding part is to sit on the floor in front of mindless tv -- American Idol, Project Runway or Celebrity Apprentice -- and do it!

Now I actually look forward to folding! :lmao:

My name is Marsha, I'm a SAHM and I have a 4.5 year daughter and a 1 year old daughter. We own SSR and AKV. DH is Jerry and he supports my Disney habits. Actually he's come around to really liking Disney, too, now that we have a separate room and don't have to go to sleep when the kiddies do!

Today I'm filling out the Registration Form for Kindergarten ... so I'm a bit sad ... happy ... scared ... all at the same time!

Hi moms!!

I just found this thread and would love to join in !!

My secret to doing laundry -- the folding part is to sit on the floor in front of mindless tv -- American Idol, Project Runway or Celebrity Apprentice -- and do it!

Now I actually look forward to folding! :lmao:

My name is Marsha, I'm a SAHM and I have a 4.5 year daughter and a 1 year old daughter. We own SSR and AKV. DH is Jerry and he supports my Disney habits. Actually he's come around to really liking Disney, too, now that we have a separate room and don't have to go to sleep when the kiddies do!

Today I'm filling out the Registration Form for Kindergarten ... so I'm a bit sad ... happy ... scared ... all at the same time!

Welcome!! Glad this is starting to grow! :)

DH loves DVC for the same reason. Having your own bedroom makes a huge difference. He told the girls that the couch was a magic couch and now they love to sleep on it. :rotfl:

We will buy someday. Right now we are paying my fathers mortgage (well he gave us the house but it has a mortgage that the rent doesn't cover) the difference is the same as what our DVC payment would be.

We did Kindy registration two fridays ago. :sad2: It is bitter sweet because DD is so excited and is so ready ~ but so sad for me. Selfish huh?

Can I join in? :)

My name is Kirsten I am New Zealander living in the UK, should be getting off to bed but hubby is out and I am addicted to this site. Love travel hence the reason I ended up in the UK was suppose to be here for a 2 year working holiday. BUT best laid plans and all, met and married husband Doug just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We have two boys, Cullen 4 and Seth 2 and a baby girl on the way. We don't name the kids until we see what they look like but current front runner for her is Ariana Hayley.

No plans for a trip to a Disney park for a while. Looking at helping out my parents come and visit from New Zealand after the baby is born as I get very homesick afterwards.

Right I really must go to bed. :)

Kirsten

Welcome Kristen!!

ZZ has swim class with a Cullen.

Great idea about naming the baby after you meet them. :) They are just meant to be what their names are. I now can't imagine my girls having different names.

I'm the same way...this would be why I have laundry baskets full of clean laundry that never gets put away!

Fav characters...
me..tigger
hubby hercules
DS 8...changes all the time.
DS 3, any, mickey, donald, goofy, mcqueen, mater, buzz, sully, etc etc
DS almost 1...I'll say mickey as that what i'm having his bday cake made with :)

I'm so glad to have all the new members! Welcome, welcome!

I forgot to say mine and DH's favorite characters! Mine is Chip, from Beauty and the Beast, and Mater!

DH's was Ariel, but he's changing to Belle. LOL

Ahhhh ~ side by side cribs! Ummm that would never have worked here! One of them (probably Z) would have been suffocated with LOVE!

Welcome Danielle!

Well when they were in the hospital for 2 months they shared a crib, and after that they couldn't fall asleep unless they were in the same crib. For the first 7 months of their lives we had one crib they slept in and one that was storage. Once they got too mobile we moved them into their own crib but it didn't work well so put the cribs side by side so they could still see and touch eachother. Until just this week it has worked really well and they often fall asleep laying next to each other against the side of their crib.

Now though Monkey has become a climber and loves to get into Bug's crib. I just went in there and they are both asleep in Bug's crib side by side. It's super cute, but sadly I think it's time to move their cribs or switch to toddler beds.

Ahhhh so cute!

Our girls slept in a queen bed for a while until we got them bunk beds. I think Z was like 18 months old. But then she never really slept in a crib. She slept in an amby swing. The actual crib for MAYBE four months.

:) They must be so cute together.

I just got back from my 3 year old's first soccer practice.

OH. EM. GEE. Cuuuuuuutest thing I have ever seen in my life!!!!!!!

BTW, favorite characters....me, Ariel. The Munchkin, Buzz.

Welcome!! Glad this is starting to grow! :)

DH loves DVC for the same reason. Having your own bedroom makes a huge difference. He told the girls that the couch was a magic couch and now they love to sleep on it. :rotfl:

We will buy someday. Right now we are paying my fathers mortgage (well he gave us the house but it has a mortgage that the rent doesn't cover) the difference is the same as what our DVC payment would be.

We did Kindy registration two fridays ago. :sad2: It is bitter sweet because DD is so excited and is so ready ~ but so sad for me. Selfish huh?

Did DD do preschool? I wasn't going to put my DD4 in preschool ... but then I did and was pregnant and it was great for me to make doctor appts and of course, she learned tons. So she did preschool at a home preschool at 3 years old and now that she is 4yo, she's at a church preschool.

I hear ya on the DVC! My DH left a company that had private stock and once you left, you had to sell the stock, as you couldn't be a shareholder anymore. So we decided to purchase DVC with it! Now the company went public so he could keep the stock if he still was there and left ... I'm sooooooo happy, personally, that the company "made":rotfl2: us use that stock!!

Fav characters: DH and I both love Mickey. DD4 loves her princesses -- Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel, but for some reason NOT Sleeping Beauty!

I just got back from my 3 year old's first soccer practice.

OH. EM. GEE. Cuuuuuuutest thing I have ever seen in my life!!!!!!!

BTW, favorite characters....me, Ariel. The Munchkin, Buzz.

So how did this go? I've thought of signing my 4yo up for some athletic class but she's so into arts and crafts instead.

however, our local martial arts class has a Free One Month trial and I just signed her up tonight. Figure, if it's free, why not? She saw one class and thought it was fun ... we'll see.

It went as well as it could have, lol! The soccer league is at the Y and is for 3 and 4 year olds. None of them really had a clue what was going on. The coach was really good at working with this age though. She had them doing simple little drills and explained how soccer works in as simple of terms as possible. The games should be a hoot! The first one is actually during our Disney trip so we'll be missing it (and having way more fun!)

Martial arts should be fun. I agree...if it's free, why not try it? I can see Aidan being interested in that in the next few years.

Did DD do preschool? I wasn't going to put my DD4 in preschool ... but then I did and was pregnant and it was great for me to make doctor appts and of course, she learned tons. So she did preschool at a home preschool at 3 years old and now that she is 4yo, she's at a church preschool.

I hear ya on the DVC! My DH left a company that had private stock and once you left, you had to sell the stock, as you couldn't be a shareholder anymore. So we decided to purchase DVC with it! Now the company went public so he could keep the stock if he still was there and left ... I'm sooooooo happy, personally, that the company "made":rotfl2: us use that stock!!

Fav characters: DH and I both love Mickey. DD4 loves her princesses -- Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel, but for some reason NOT Sleeping Beauty!

DD1 is OCD diagnosed so we looked into everything and decided full time Montessori school at age 3. Unfortunately that meant full time mont school for DD2 as well. It hasn't been a great fit for DD2 but we are getting there.

I worry about oldest DD because she will have had 1.5 years full time preschool and 1/2 year of two days a week preschool. So she is pretty far advanced from what they teach in kindy here. :rolleyes: can't win for losing.

She already:

Knows her ABC's and the sounds they make.
She can count to at least 100
She adds and subtracts
She is a good sorter and great with figuring out patterns
Colors, shapes all that stuff
She can write some basic stuff, her name, mommy, daddy.
She knows words by sight (cat, dog, ball) simple stuff really

These are all things that she is expected to do by the end of kindy. I am a little worried she will be bored... BUT her classroom (don't know how much you ladies know about mont. school) is Primary Mont ~ they have kids age 2.5-5 in their class and are encouraged to help the younger kids learn.

So I am hoping that she will occupy herself with helping rather than getting in trouble.

Who knows though ~ if enough kids are at the same level maybe they will rearrange the lessons.... I know wishful thinking for public school.

Mimi wants to play the Y soccer too ~ but it starts in May here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter