Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Whenever Fran was on it, they tapered her down 5 mg per week until she was off it.

The doctor has been reducing my dosage by 1 mg after every 3 or 4 weeks.....I had started on 10 mg/day ( four 2.5 tablets) and I am down to 6...

franandaj said:
It will. With normal weight loss tatics, good eating etc.
I. sure. HOPE. so.

The doctor has been reducing my dosage by 1 mg after every 3 or 4 weeks.....I had started on 10 mg/day ( four 2.5 tablets) and I am down to 6...

Ah, she was up to 60mg per day at the highest, but this was years and years ago.

Since it is an auto immune disease would any of the arthritis drugs help. Essentially everything that Fran takes (has taken) suppresses the immune system so her body doesn't attack her joints. Would it work the same way for your muscles?

She's been through Enbrel, Humira, Remicade, Arava, Orrencia, a couple I don't remember, and now she's on Xeljanz.

Ah, she was up to 60mg per day at the highest, but this was years and years ago...
....60mg????WOW!
franandaj said:
Since it is an auto immune disease would any of the arthritis drugs help. Essentially everything that Fran takes (has taken) suppresses the immune system so her body doesn't attack her joints. Would it work the same way for your muscles?

She's been through Enbrel, Humira, Remicade, Arava, Orrencia, a couple I don't remember, and now she's on Xeljanz.
....hmmmmm, not sure....:scratchin Actually, during my last visit 2 weeks ago, he suggested another drug (I forgot it's name) but it affects the eyes. I'd have to discuss it with my eye doctor first....

...Growing old sucks. :(
It does! Extra hugs all around for everyone! Aches and pains and meds, oh my!

I'm finally home for a little while. I'll post some photos of my travels later, after I've had time to edit them. So thankful that the chiropractor insisted I get a portable TENS unit (similar to the one Shaq touts in commercials, but medical grade) for my back and sciatica whilst traveling. It kept me out of the urgent care clinics whilst I was away.

108* here as I write...... :crazy2:

And I'm getting twinges of arthritis in my hands (isn't that supposed to be aggravated by the cold?!) Probably the long work hours. I agree, PiO, getting old[er!] does suck. I'm already on two meds for two different things; I really don't want more in my life!
We are at the peak of camp season but the end is in sight!!! :sail: Then I get to go to Florida, visit with my dad, and spend another day/night at WDW. I'm getting a Park Hopper this time and doing my own version of "Dumbo or Die in a Day" (courtesy of The Unofficial Guide).

My Disneyland AP has officially expired. Still waiting on what might go down this fall to see if I'll renew or not. Can't go back until August 13th anyway, so, no rush.

7lxzava7tliv5vjy.png
:rolleyes1

Last edited:
I saw this earlier when it was kinda messy and I didn't get it! How Impromptu was this? by the looks of the ticker you created it only a day or two ago! And yay for a quick getaway!
Yay kimmar!!!! :jumping1:
....long story short....my DSis and her DDs left yesterday for a WDW vacay. Her BF was supposed to be going there tomorrow morning, but because of family and business problems he was unable to do so, so I am taking his place! It's only till Tuesday, but what-the-hay...a mini-vacay is better than nuttin'! My DBro and his family will be going there tonight for 8 days; he's already made all the ADRs and FPs, so I'm kinda psyched[we'll all be together for a couple of dinners and rides]....weird though, not making any of the arrangements for a WDW visit, since I'm the one in my house that does all of that....

....long story short....my DSis and her DDs left yesterday for a WDW vacay. Her BF was supposed to be going there tomorrow morning, but because of family and business problems he was unable to do so, so I am taking his place! It's only till Tuesday, but what-the-hay...a mini-vacay is better than nuttin'! My DBro and his family will be going there tonight for 8 days; he's already made all the ADRs and FPs, so I'm kinda psyched[we'll all be together for a couple of dinners and rides]....weird though, not making any of the arrangements for a WDW visit, since I'm the one in my house that does all of that....
Congratulations! Have a fabulous time! Enjoy! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Safe travels! :yay:

Like you, I'm the planner in the family. My sweet step-MIL planned our July family vacation, so other than making the flight and hotel reservations (for the 3 days before the official vacation when DH and I met up with my cousin), I had nothing to plan. It was awesome to just go with the plan I didn't have to make. She did an awesome job! Woot! :cool1:

So, enjoy your trip with your family that you didn't plan! party:

Congratulations! Have a fabulous time! Enjoy! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Safe travels! :yay:

Like you, I'm the planner in the family. My sweet step-MIL planned our July family vacation, so other than making the flight and hotel reservations (for the 3 days before the official vacation when DH and I met up with my cousin), I had nothing to plan. It was awesome to just go with the plan I didn't have to make. She did an awesome job! Woot! :cool1:

So, enjoy your trip with your family that you didn't plan! party:
...it was sooooo much fun!!! And, my brother did a great job.....we were all at WL, but we (my sister and I) returned last night, while my brother and his family switched from WL to the Poly....they are DVC owners.

...it was sooooo much fun!!! And, my brother did a great job.....we were all at WL, but we (my sister and I) returned last night, while my brother and his family switched from WL to the Poly....they are DVC owners.

Yay for the mini vacation and welcome back. Sometimes it's nice not to have to plan everything.

My vacation is sneaking up on us quickly. We've made some changes and are no longer going to Paris DL due to some issues with our DD. We'll get there some year.

Thanks, she's going to need some help with some dental costs as she doesn't have dental insurance right now.
...I get it....my 31-y-o DS wanted Invisaligns a couple of years ago and he was too old and no longer under my insurance so he had to go on a 3-year payment plan.....

I've officially received my last bill for DS' school. He's 18 now and heading towards final exams. Where did the time go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter