DIS POP | 04/22/16???

I forgot to comment earlier too that I thought how touching it was when Ryno talked about "the language of film" being something he gets, and how it's easier to make small talk about film. Since I'm sure it seems to a lot of other people besides me that small talk would come so easily to him, I found this particularly touching, and also telling - how much he's grown and matured as he's gotten older, and with The Dis (as he mentioned). I also TOTALLY agreed with his and Steve's sentiments about people texting/looking at their phones during a movie - with that bright light in that dark place - don't tell me to "mind my own business, it doesn't affect you!". I'm an AMC Stubs member, and was VERY happy to get the "we won't have texting sections/theaters" e-mail from them, 'cause I wasn't about to go to any that allowed that, for sure!! I have wanted to THROTTLE many a person - in theaters, and in WDW for this!!! :sad2: You AIN'T that important, and that AIN'T "the suitcase phone" sitting next to you!! :headache:

Last edited:
I forgot to comment earlier too that I thought how touching it was when Ryno talked about "the language of film" being something he gets, and how it's easier to make small talk about film. Since I'm sure it seems to a lot of other people besides me that small talk would come so easily to him, I found this particularly touching, and also telling - how much he's grown and matured as he's gotten older, and with The Dis (as he mentioned). I also TOTALLY agreed with his and Steve's sentiments about people texting/looking t their phones during a movie - with that bright light in that dark place - don't me to "mind my own business, it doesn't affect you!". I have wanted to THROTTLE many a person - in theaters, and in WDW for this!!! :sad2:
People being on devices during a movie is the MOST irritating thing to me!

I have a little bit of a different perspective on this because I'm one of those people who will be on my phone during a movie sometimes (I have a short attention span so I like having a distraction). But I always try to do my best to make sure nobody else can see the screen. I don't text, but I do sometimes check my email (or occasionally IMDB if I can't figure out why I recognize an actor) - so I'll just keep the phone in my bag, open the bag a bit, and peek in. I also tend to use the backlight on my watch a lot to see what time it is, but I always cover the watch with my hand (once I've seen the time) until the light goes off so that nobody else can see the light (honestly, I think the watch backlight is worse than the phone, so I should really just check the time on my phone). I know that I will generate some light during a movie, so I do my best to make sure that I'm the only one who sees that light.
I'm also fortunate in that the seats are very far apart in my movie theater (we have the fancy recliners) and it's hard to see what other people are doing, so I have a little more leeway for my device usage.
I have no objection to checking your phone during a movie - I have no right to judge the phone habits of others - but you dang well better not do it in a way that disrupts the experience of others. Think about the people around you - they have as much right to have the experience that they want as you do.
(That goes for loud chewing and kids too ... if it might disrupt the experience of others, think twice before doing it).

This is totally unrelated... well kinda related I guess, but once I went to the movies with a friend and whilst sitting down she squeezed the bottom of her large Soda a little too hard and DRENCHED the three people sat in front of us (like every drop of that large soda went over them). My personal most embarrassing story and I am pretty sure I would find that even more annoying then loud chewers haha

I really enjoyed it - though I have to say it made me even sadder (sadder? more sad?) that Steve is leaving as I really think he has found his grove with Ryno

Looking forward to @Ryno 's next arts and craft show .... hopefully he shares the drink recipes before it airs so we can drink along with him!

I forgot to comment earlier too that I thought how touching it was when Ryno talked about "the language of film" being something he gets, and how it's easier to make small talk about film. Since I'm sure it seems to a lot of other people besides me that small talk would come so easily to him, I found this particularly touching, and also telling - how much he's grown and matured as he's gotten older, and with The Dis (as he mentioned). I also TOTALLY agreed with his and Steve's sentiments about people texting/looking at their phones during a movie - with that bright light in that dark place - don't tell me to "mind my own business, it doesn't affect you!". I'm an AMC Stubs member, and was VERY happy to get the "we won't have texting sections/theaters" e-mail from them, 'cause I wasn't about to go to any that allowed that, for sure!! I have wanted to THROTTLE many a person - in theaters, and in WDW for this!!! :sad2: You AIN'T that important, and that AIN'T "the suitcase phone" sitting next to you!! :headache:

I do have to say though that it if was one of those huge googleplex type locations and they had a couple of theaters dedicated to people that want to be on their phones and then were super strict about not being on your phone (and kicking people out who did it) I think I could be ok with that

I do have to say though that it if was one of those huge googleplex type locations and they had a couple of theaters dedicated to people that want to be on their phones and then were super strict about not being on your phone (and kicking people out who did it) I think I could be ok with that
Yeah, IF it was like that, I might even apply for a part time job there - to be the kicker-outer! :rotfl:

Also ... as per what I was told on Facebook:
"This is a new regular show. We're looking at Wednesday video releases and Friday audio-only review episodes, but things could change as the show finds its legs."

This is going to be awesome! I'm so excited.
It's possible that this will become my new favorite DIS Unplugged show.

Cryno :lovestruc

Seriously, I'm loving DIS POP! If you haven't listened to the new episode, take an hour and listen to it - you won't regret it. (If you do, I will give you your money back, but you'll need to send me $500 and a self-addressed stamped envelope in order to get your refund)

Cryno :lovestruc

Seriously, I'm loving DIS POP! If you haven't listened to the new episode, take an hour and listen to it - you won't regret it. (If you do, I will give you your money back, but you'll need to send me $500 and a self-addressed stamped envelope in order to get your refund)

quick question - I don't normally listen to the audio only shows and they covered the Jungle Book in the first episode - is it a lot of new ground that it is worth listening to the 2nd episode if you've seen the first?

quick question - I don't normally listen to the audio only shows and they covered the Jungle Book in the first episode - is it a lot of new ground that it is worth listening to the 2nd episode if you've seen the first?

The first episode kinda just skimmed the surface. This was Craig and Ryno doing a much more in-depth discussion of the movie.
If you're not really at all interested in the movie, you can skip it. But if you're planning to see the movie (or have already seen it) and want to hear a good review, I think it's worth giving it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter