DIS Universal Hall of Fame - Disaster!

Should Disaster! be added to The DIS Universal Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teleclashter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Please help us decide whether or not Disaster! A Major Motion Picture Ride... Starring You! should be in The DIS Universal Hall of Fame. Leave a comment about how you voted!

Funny, Entertaining, and something for the whole family. I know its not nearly the oldest ride in the park but it just feels like classic Universal. Plus its more memorable ever since we did it and my Dad was one of the "stars." We had a great team member and really made it that much better.

Ugh I hated this attraction! Im not good with any kind of 'crowd participation' it puts me on edge the entire time (I am terribly British, after all!) And therefire unable to actually enjoy the attraction.

Though Christopher Walken certainly nade it a better attraction than its old Earthquake! Roots.

Ugh is right... People who are voting yes are just being nostalgic cuz its now gonzo... It honestly has no right being in lol just my opinion...

Though I haven't been to Universal since before it changed over to Disaster, I agree it should be in. I loved it when it was Earthquake and I think it was an important part of the park from the earlier years.

Ugh is right... People who are voting yes are just being nostalgic cuz its now gonzo... It honestly has no right being in lol just my opinion...

Nostalgia and history are of course going to be a part of a hall of fame. A Magic Kingdom hall of fame would almost certainly include Dumbo. A ride that is basically a clone of a standard carnival ride. When "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" came up for a vote for the Universal hall of fame, I don't think it came even close to getting in even though it's a more advanced version of the same ride. But, a ride that doesn't have the history and nostalgia.

Disaster (in it's earlier incarnation of Earthquake), Kongfrontation, and Jaws were the main pieces of the Universal Studios Hollywood's backlot tour that got fleshed out to become some of the flagship attractions of the first stage of Universal Studios Florida's life. Those 3 rides combined with BTTF and E.T. which started at Universal Florida before moving to Hollywood and later Japan (where BTTF still plays).

So yes, based on nostalgia and history alone, Disaster/Earthquake should be included. When you add to that, the ride portion in my opinion was better than Catastrophe Canyon (which I also enjoyed), there is no doubt this ride should be included in a hall of fame.

I voted "yes" because of the direct lineage to "Earthquake" which is, pretty much, the sine qua non of Universal Studios Theme Park.

Yes, it's great. I liked it back in its original form and the revamp was nicely done as well.

It's just such a pain to sit through the queues when you just wanna ride the subway, though (but i get it. it's a good crowd absorber for a long period of time).

The hologram projection bit is really cool, too (its the same technology they used to recreate Michael Jackson and Tupac)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter