DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

The guy I spoke with said something along those lines too, but then he kept tossing in something about 10%. It was very strange. Oh well, at least the lodging is booked :)

That is odd...oh well indeed. The important part is done! Time to change that signature Tigger!! :)

Has there been an announcement as to when the festivities will begin? Not sure if I should fly down Thursday or Friday.
I would imagine with the resort discounts starting Friday and check-in being 3pm on that day, that things likely wouldn't start until that evening. Just a guess. :)

That is odd...oh well indeed. The important part is done! Time to change that signature Tigger!! :)

I came really close to changing it, but part of me feels like I need to wait until I'm ready to buy tickets...which won't happen until May. Just superstitious that something is going to derail the plans. :scared:Of course, not nervous enough to keep me from booking a bunch of preliminary ADRs. :D

I came really close to changing it, but part of me feels like I need to wait until I'm ready to buy tickets...which won't happen until May. Just superstitious that something is going to derail the plans. :scared:Of course, not nervous enough to keep me from booking a bunch of preliminary ADRs. :D
Haha...understand! I made a couple of ADR's...are you just making a bunch and then cancelling what you need to later based on events? I could do that...but I keep thinking it's going to make me sad if I end up cancelling one I really wanted! Ha. Talk about 1st world problems!

Haha...understand! I made a couple of ADR's...are you just making a bunch and then cancelling what you need to later based on events? I could do that...but I keep thinking it's going to make me sad if I end up cancelling one I really wanted! Ha. Talk about 1st world problems!

I tried to plan ADRs how I would if I were going on a normal WDW trip. My reasoning...

1. I probably won't be able to attend all of the DIS events for one reason or another and there may be some where there's no conflict.
2. If an event I do plan to attend overlaps with an ADR, there's still a decent chance DH would want to keep it and just go with the kids and possibly my parents.

I was pleasantly surprised with how much availability there is. Of course, it's likely a result of no free dining being offered at that time, but at 128 days out I saw lots of openings for 'Ohana dinner (decent times), BOG (all 3 meals), character meals (including the first pre-park opening slots), shows (had my choice of everything if I'd wanted HDDR), packages (lots of Fantasmic), well timed Cali Grill and Narcoosee's dinners, and handful of other popular spots.

We should try to do something like a 7 in 7 with everyone staying at the resorts for the dis team.. They can interview a few people and so on.. The 4 in 4... A resort crawl; ahhhh, A resort crawl would be fun. I'm wondering what almost a thousand people would look in line for the mine train....Ha..( considering that's how many people they almost had at universal studios) we should all stand in line at mine train and take a huge pic..

I'm going to be at WDW at that time for a big family trip (18 of us!) and we booked long ago at FW and VWL. So, I don't need lodging but definitely do want to go to the live show on that Monday and perhaps some of the other events. Do we know yet when or how to book those? Or where the live show will be? I really want to get to go and don't want to miss any news since I'm not booking through Dreams Unlimited.

I'm going to be at WDW at that time for a big family trip (18 of us!) and we booked long ago at FW and VWL. So, I don't need lodging but definitely do want to go to the live show on that Monday and perhaps some of the other events. Do we know yet when or how to book those? Or where the live show will be? I really want to get to go and don't want to miss any news since I'm not booking through Dreams Unlimited.

We don't know yet but my understanding is there will be a separate thread similar to this one created with the information ... beyond that, we are all a bunch of goldfish waiting for flakes of information to be dropped in our bowl

Has anyone else been told they need to add park tickets by 3/25 to qualify for a 10% discount? I hadn't seen anything on this (unless I missed it), so it kind of threw me off a bit. Maybe @WebmasterJohn knows more on this. Thanks!

Is the price for tickets you're getting from the Cast Members when you call less than the what is listed when you use our form?

I tried to plan ADRs how I would if I were going on a normal WDW trip. My reasoning...

1. I probably won't be able to attend all of the DIS events for one reason or another and there may be some where there's no conflict.
2. If an event I do plan to attend overlaps with an ADR, there's still a decent chance DH would want to keep it and just go with the kids and possibly my parents.

I was pleasantly surprised with how much availability there is. Of course, it's likely a result of no free dining being offered at that time, but at 128 days out I saw lots of openings for 'Ohana dinner (decent times), BOG (all 3 meals), character meals (including the first pre-park opening slots), shows (had my choice of everything if I'd wanted HDDR), packages (lots of Fantasmic), well timed Cali Grill and Narcoosee's dinners, and handful of other popular spots.

Ah yeah that's probably a good way to do it!

Yep...when I went last July I put off some of my planning and still got everything I wanted and more for meals and fast passes.

Is the price for tickets you're getting from the Cast Members when you call less than the what is listed when you use our form?
My total for 3 nights at Contemporary and 2 hopper tix for 1 was $14.38 cheaper than what the "form" gave me. I didn't think to ask if it was the tix or the resort.

My total for 3 nights at Contemporary and 2 hopper tix for 1 was $14.38 cheaper than what the "form" gave me. I didn't think to ask if it was the tix or the resort.

I figured it out. Resort is the same on your form and from Disney. Its the tix that were cheaper. Also interesting to note that the CM told me that "Group and Convention" tix automatically add Water Parks etc. I had said Park Hopper and he said "water parks comes with it". Interesting...

I figured it out. Resort is the same on your form and from Disney. Its the tix that were cheaper. Also interesting to note that the CM told me that "Group and Convention" tix automatically add Water Parks etc. I had said Park Hopper and he said "water parks comes with it". Interesting...

That is interesting about the price. Supposedly we were 'contracting' for a 'group rate' on tickets that's supposed to be the lowest price. Maybe they can still sell tickets at old pricing until a certain date them the current price kicks in.

Yes, Water Parks And More is part of the price (one of the perks of these group tickets) but park hopper would be extra. The options for adding park hopping is on that form to see pricing differences.

That is interesting about the price. Supposedly we were 'contracting' for a 'group rate' on tickets that's supposed to be the lowest price. Maybe they can still sell tickets at old pricing until a certain date them the current price kicks in.

Yes, Water Parks And More is part of the price (one of the perks of these group tickets) but park hopper would be extra. The options for adding park hopping is on that form to see pricing differences.

That is exactly what I was told John..that they have old pricing available on tickets until 3/26.

Those booking through the group rates aren't booking with Dreams, we are booking directly with Disney. Just so you know we aren't receiving any kind of updates from them. Any and all information will be listed here or given on the podcast. We may not hear about all of the details regarding events and the live podcast until much closer to time. So you haven't missed anything yet! :)

I booked yesterday and was told that if I added tickets "in advance" I would save 10% on the price as part of the "group rate". She did not say that I had to add them by a specific date to get the savings (I chose not to add them yet as the plans are still up in the air).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter