DIS Unplugged Show Feedback and Suggestions

Dustin

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that we have been keeping an eye on the previous thread discussing feedback, suggestions, and complaints about the show. Unfortunately we had to shut that thread down because it had gotten quite off the original topic. I would like this to be a place where we can discuss some of these things.

Speaking for the DIS Unplugged Podcast team, I think it's safe to say that we're all aware of how much the show has changed over the years. The roster's changed, the format's changed, the production's changed. I would also say that this is the natural course of things. If you'd like the show to be what it was 7 years ago, I'm afraid it would be very difficult and counter productive to do that.

As far as the excitement and chemistry between the folks at the table goes, I'm afraid that's a natural occurrence as well. We're not characters. We're real people showing you a window to our actual personalities and lives for a few hours every week (if not more.) These dynamics will change and flow over the course of time.

What I'd like to look at here is (in your own opinion) what are we doing right? What are we doing wrong? What would you like to see change realistically. I love feedback and honesty. I'll be here looking at every response and trying to be as active a participant in the discussion as I can be. Let's start a productive discussion to make the show better than it has ever been. At the end of the day that's what we all want.

Thanks so much for hearing me out and I can't wait to hear your thoughts,

Dustin West
Producer - The DIS Unplugged

Well thought out Mr. West!

7 in 7 was amazing. I can't imagine how tiring it was to produce but great job. The polls are cool. Still love Dis Park Bench videos.

Another free form Friday type show would be great. Never let John and Kevin go on vacation unless they Skype into the show from their location in Tuscany or Fiji.

More arguing. Big, loving families argue all the time, but they still love each other.

Love location segments. Get out of the studio!

And for the love of all things Disney, (and I know he is opposed to it, but I will badger him into submission) a Kevin and John review of V & A

Another possibly fun thing would be have the members of the team take part in some sort of game show type episode...trivia based? I dunno...

Thank you for all you do. I will let others have the floor now

I miss the dining reviews. I know there aren't many restaurants that haven't been covered, but maybe a re-review a little more often would be fun for the listeners. The same goes for experience reviews (Richard Petty Driving Thingie, the princess dress up place and the fishing outing with the water snake come to mind). Again, I know you have covered most of these in the past, but if anything new shows up, I'd love to have you guys send Kevin and John or Teresa and Kathy.

I love how everyone has come out and started posting!! Dustin, Kevin, Pete, JL, Craig, Kathy... we've gotten them all in the past few days. That ridiculous thread was worth something after all!

I miss the free flowing conversations that were more unscripted and that would sometimes even go off topic. Those were the times I found myself actually laughing, the group suddenly talking about a funny tv episode, for example. I remember everyone laughing and Pete saying " delete delete," and I would be chuckling right along with you. I liked the conversation style more because after listening for years now I liked hearing the podcast teams opinions about other random stuff- the iPad book covers comes to mind, which was just an " oh by the way" moment, but it was interesting. I feel like after this many years I'm not listening just for Disney information. I know over time the group dynamics will change, but it seems like the whole idea of the round table is fading. I guess it just depends on what style you're going for. I do have to add, I also miss the dining reviews. I enjoyed not only the Disney restaurants but the places nearby.

I absolutely love the show. One of my favorite things, as another poster here said, is that the team does NOT always agree! I also like how there are many different perspectives at the table: young singles, families with young children, single mothers, grandparents, couples with no kids. Disney has something for everyone and I love how that's represented on the show.

As a bicoastal Disney nerd, I'd love to see Tom Bell pop in on the show more often.

Okay, this is a crazy idea that will probably make people groan, but how about a segment where the team splits up and does a Disney race - each person starts at a different Disney hotel and they have to get to a certain theme park and they time the results? I'm thinking it could be both informative (we'd learn about the transportation options from each resort) and hilarious (video footage of the podcasters' own version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles).

Honestly, whatever you guys do will be awesome as long as you continue to bring your love of Disney to the show. I'm hooked.

I LOVE the 7in7 segments and am rapt to hear that all resorts will be covered (again) by the end of this year.

I love the banter that sometimes comes out (and generally is quickly stopped, much to my dismay)

I'd also love to hear another Free form Friday. I know that show was done to test out new equipment, but it was great, and it went for like, 2 hours, which I liked.

In terms of the Universal edition, I love that they've done the 101 series.
it would be great to see a (or maybe it would need to be broken up into a few shows due to the volume) drinking around the walk segment. there are so many places in CityWalk to enjoy the night life and it would be awesome to hear about them all!! (I have mentioned this on FB to the team)
and I think Craig might have mentioned a CityWalk 101 also?
also, someone mentioned on the other thread a 4in4 for Universal. I think that would also work well.

I absolutely love the show. One of my favorite things, as another poster here said, is that the team does NOT always agree! I also like how there are many different perspectives at the table: young singles, families with young children, single mothers, grandparents, couples with no kids. Disney has something for everyone and I love how that's represented on the show.

As a bicoastal Disney nerd, I'd love to see Tom Bell pop in on the show more often.

Okay, this is a crazy idea that will probably make people groan, but how about a segment where the team splits up and does a Disney race - each person starts at a different Disney hotel and they have to get to a certain theme park and they time the results? I'm thinking it could be both informative (we'd learn about the transportation options from each resort) and hilarious (video footage of the podcasters' own version of Planes, Trains and Automobiles).

Honestly, whatever you guys do will be awesome as long as you continue to bring your love of Disney to the show. I'm hooked.
This is amazing!!!! Please do this!!!

I would like to hear a few reviews , bbb in mk... Pirate n pals fireworks cruise...my perfect princess tea party. I love all the videos that you produce , especially 7 n 7. I would also like to hear how you liked using the go pro for the 7:7

I would love to hear about more central Florida attractions.

• Legoland, I have a 12 year old Lego nut
  • KSC, New Atlantis exhibit
  • I drive attractions
  • Offsite restaurants
  • ABD segments and information
  • Additional Social Media Interaction
  • Get away from the Livestream chat and use something that can be used by Mixler users and You tube live viewers

I always enjoy videos from within the parks. The last food and wine (or was it, flower and wine, I can't recall) video from EPCOT was quite enjoyable.

I also think the entire podcast team needs to do a round of "bob golf". There are enough for two foursomes. It will build (or destroy) character and team work, assuming you can find a golf course that would let you on it. Best ball(s) per hole gets chocolate.

-Provided he would want to, let Corey host a segment from time to time. You're great at it (dustin), but switching it up would be nice occasionally.

-Venture out to cover non Disney attractions (ie I Drive, Old Town, etc) (like the above poster wrote).

-Break into the old River Country and Discovery Island parks like those one bloggers did a few yaers ago and shoot some video there :D

-Provided he would want to, let Corey host a segment from time to time. You're great at it (dustin), but switching it up would be nice occasionally.

-Venture out to cover non Disney attractions (ie I Drive, Old Town, etc) (like the above poster wrote).

-Break into the old River Country and Discovery Island parks like those one bloggers did a few yaers ago and shoot some video there :D

I thought a few years ago each member took a turn at hosting. I agree I'd like to see that again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter