DIS 'WISH' Challenge UPDATE Clipart example added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in your challenge. I started Weight Watchers January 2, 2003 and have lost 14 pounds.

My husband and I have plans to start back up at the gym again...

Have a Disney Day!!!

Denise

<b>Rain</b> Hi Linda, it's no nice to have you here on WISH with all the rest of my friends.

You sound like you not only had a <b>magical</b> trip but you stayed in control. I don't think I've <i>ever</i> <b>lost</b> weight during a WDW trip before. Good job. I hope you are feeling proud of yoursef. That is an amazing accomplishment.

I've never tried the Lipotrim diet. I have a cousin-in-law who was on a liquid protein diet and lost over two hundred pounds. Unfortunately she did not change her habits and gained about 300 pounds back, eventually :(

You sound determined and motivated, though. You are going to be successful with this plan, I can already tell :)

<b>DFIles</b> I love seeing new members of my support group take the challenge :) Welcome to the DIS and welcome to WISH, I'm really glad you decided to join us.

We have a lot of WWs here and a wonderful support group made up of caring people following every imaginable eating plan there is. You are a great new addition.

If either of you would like to add the challenge clipart to your signature there is a post telling you how to do that right <b>HERE</b>

What we do is start with a zero loss on the WISH challenge, no matter how much we have lost before taking the challenge. Then as we lose 5 pounds we trade up to a new clipart. It's fun and motivating.

Well, are you ready to <b>succeed</b>? I sure hope so because you are WISHers now and that's what we do here. Get ready to be <b>successful</b>!

Onward and downward!

Katholyn

Hi, I have been kind of looking around for the past few weeks while I finished up school but now I want to get serious about losing weight. My mother has been on Atkins for a few months and has lost 20 pounds. I know I can do it. I do work in a restaurant so it might be a challenge, but I know I can do it.

So I am going to do Atkins and I plan to either join Curves or a local women's fitness gym. I volunteered for the marathon this year and plan on volunteering next year, but I would love to be able to run it in 2005 if my school schedule allows it.

Here's hoping for the best.

Traci-lyn

nativetxn Thank you for the information. What wight loss diet/life change or you following? My goal for the next several months is to lose 15 pounds a month. Getting a late start this month but will try and pick it up starting today.

Rain Congrats on losing weight while at WDW. You would think it was easy to lose weight while you are walking those acres and acres at WDW but it's not. You succeeded and that is awesome... Let's hope that works for me at DL in June and July...

Good luck to you all.... Losing Weight isn't easy. It's quite the challenge but if we all put our minds to it we can do it!!!

Denise

:earsgirl:

Ok.. here I am.. taking the challenge. (nothing like jumping in with both feet). I can't remember what info to post.. but here goes...

I want to lose 50 pounds. I don't have a *diet* per se.. but am looking for one. For now, I am going to follow the low fat program, cut out sweets and junk food, and head over to the *Y*. (I'm a member.. just not very active).

Here I go.

Sandie

Sandiebean
Congrats on taking the first step to weight loss. I am currently doing Weight Watchers and so far it seems to be helping. I would be more than happy to send you point information on WW.

Denise
:earsgirl:

alright, I found my way here!!

I am doing a low fat/low carb combo - basically a lot of salads and yougurts. Fruits (I know bad carbs, but low fat!) and veggies. All fresh stuff.

I started dieting in 1/2003, and then ended up pretty dang sick in Feb. So, without even trying, I lost about 21 lbs. Unfortunetly, being healthy now, I have gained 5 back. I want to lose 50 by years end.

Thank you all for being a good support!!! I CAN DO IT :)

I'll accept the challenge! Actually I made a challenge to myself to lose 30lbs starting a few weeks ago. I am going through weight watchers. Anyways, I've lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and am very proud of myself! 25 pounds to go :)

May I join the Weight Loss Challenge please? I joined Diet Divas two weeks ago and lost an astounding (well astounding to me anyway) 10 pounds! I lost 7 pounds the first week and 3 the second week. I started out wanting to lose 55 lbs. now that is down to 45!

Thanks for letting me join, I believe support is a very important part of weight loss.

-Mary Rose

Hi Sandiebean,

Diet Divas is something I came across online. I was looking for something low carb but not as low as Atkins (I love my carbs y'know) This plan is low carb but I can still have some diet bread and some similar things like that each day. It also involves protein bars, shakes and pudding that are utterly delicious and really help keep me on track. I kinda reminds me of the old WW plan. If you are familiar with that it allows me say 3 proteins, 2 carbs, etc. I find it very easy to follow so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I continue to find it so.

-Mary Rose

Hi Everyone.........just a note to say that I accept the wish challenge........my family and I love disney and go every year and sometimes twice if we have the money and I set a goal for myself this year to lose all the weight I want to by my December trip which is a little less than 7 months away and I think that it's do-able. It's nice to see other people who use their trip as the deadline to complete the wish challenge. I used to be really skinny, couldn't gain a pound if I tried and then all the sudden I had all of this major stress (and other stressors too) hit me all at one time and I guess my body didn't handle it because for over a year I was real sick and unable to do alot most of the time......while I was sick I was also put on steroids for 2 months for something I ended up not having anyway......I finally got to the right doctor whom I see every week and I am feeling lots better but I am continually tired.....think my body is tired from fighting off not only the sickness but all that stress too (the stress b4 I was sick and the stress of being sick).

Right now I am in-between residences awaiting to make settlement on my new home (which should have been yesterday) which is all set for this coming week and the monday after that happens I am all ready to start my new diet and exercise routine. My boyfriend and I are going to do alot of it together and hopefully be ready for the disney marathon in 2005 and I will hopefully lose all the weight I want to for my Disney trip in December. I have tried a few times to diet and exercise while I was trying to get better but it just didn't pan out because my body wasnt ready but it is now. it's hard to watch what you eat after going through life up until now eating what you want and not gaining anything......I was also very active which is why I could eat anything and not having the energy is also weird and hard to swallow........I am also the kind of person who has to have everything organized and recorded and done the right way, the same way everytime to make it work which is why I want to wait until I move into my house to make sure I can set this weight loss plan in motion the right way.....

Also, if anyone has any tips for me on this I would appreciate it..........I am also not a big veggie eater and until just recently I didn't eat salad at all and there are very few salads I will eat when I go out because I only like certain things in it..........usually that means the lettuce,croutons,salad dressing, and parmesan cheese or chicken. I was wondering if there was anyone else out there like me who needs help with food ideas for someone who doesnt like many veggies and the ones she likes she sometimes needs to eat them a certain way cuz she's a fussy eater. I have also seen alot of people on the atkins diet and i have another online buddy who diets with atkins and I wanted to know more about it to see if it's for me.......... so if anyone can help me I would love it.........I read some tips on another thread on this board for losing weight and one of them was to watch my salts....does anyone else out there crave salt??? my mom craves sugar and chocolate but I crave salt.......guess i will have to try not salting my food right now to ease me in the transition when I move in to the house next week.......anyways, thanks again. You guys are great.

:smooth: I've decided that your never too old to love
Disney World!!!!

I would like to officially sign up for the WISH Challenge.

Start Date on Saturday,05/10/03.

Using Adkin's Diet.

Weight is 328 lbs.

Ray

Hi everyone :)

Please, if you need help adding the WISH clipart, just PM me and I will be happy to help. Remember, it does not count toward your total clipart size, so please add it.

Welcome to the WISH Challenge and you can do this! :)

I accept that challenge. I'm going to be starting Weight Watcher's Online Program on Friday. I've been contemplating starting a weight loss program for some time now, mainly due to health concerns. The extra incentive is that I'm planning my family's first WDW vacation for 8/04 and want to be in shape by the time we go due to all the walking we'll be doing. Plus I want to look cute in our pictures. I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. It's always nice to have someone else to have for support and there are so many of you out there. Thanks Kelsie!:p

I'm starting Atkins on Monday (gotta go out for lunch on Mother's Day!) I've tried so many different diets - but Atkins seems like the right one for me. I think that I'm quite carb-sensitive.
I'm going to Curves 3x a week - need to add walking on the other days.
I'll remember to check in here frequently - there are a lot of pages with this thread alone!

<b>IloveDMB</b> It's great to see you here. I'm really glad that you have decided to take the WISH challenge. I follow the Atkins nutritional plan and I love it, there are many Atkins followers here on WISH.

I think that you will find the Atkins plan easy to follow and if you totally eliminate all refined carbohydrates from your diet by the end of the first week you should have no desire for those foods you are exposed to at work. Seriously, it's true. Once you get into ketosis your appetite goes away and all cravings disappear.
Good luck!

I'm so glad that you are going to be part of my support group now. WISH is such a help for me, everyone helps me stay motivated. I'll bet it is helpful for you too :)

<b>DFIles</b> Both my husband and I follow the Atkins nutritional plan. My husband has seen some swift and dramatic improvements to his health.

There is a really long post somewhere on WISH where I posted all of his numbers. Atkins has made an amazing improvement in his quality of life.

<b>Sandiebean</b> Hello, again :) Thanks for posting to the challenge thread. Now, hopefully, I won't leave you out of our club roster ;)

You sound determined and you have a plan in place, that's very good. You are going to reach your goal, I'm sure of it, we're all here to help you :)

<b>Minnesota!</b> I'm happy you will be part of my support group now. Your getting healthy plan sounds very reasonable.

I have no doubt that you will reach your goal. You have a great attitude. Now you have this great support group to help you face your challenges. You are going to do great, I'm sure :)

<b>TinkerBelle_325</b> Welcome to WISH. I'm very glad you have decided to join us.

We have lots of WISHers who follow the WW plan and have had a lot of success with it. Sounds like you have been pretty successful with it yourself. Losing 5 pounds in two weeks is great progress. Good job.

Welcome to my support group. WISH helps me so much. I'm sure it will help you too.

<b>O'BWV</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. Of course, you may join us, I was hoping you would want to do that.

Diet Divas sounds like the plan for you. How great you found out about it.

It's great to see you here and I'm so glad that you are going to be part of my support group now. I think you are going to like it here, I know I do :)

<b>PrincessMo</b> Welcome to WISH. When you are ready to begin your healthy eating plan we will be here waiting for you.

I follow Atkins. It is the easiest thing I've ever done in my life. I'm not exaggerating. Atkins isn't for everyone though. If you are interested in learning more about Atkins, he wrote an excellent and very interesting book about his plan, <u>Atkins New Diet Revolution</u>. It is well worth $7.99 for the paper back. You should read it, it's very helpful. It is probably available at your library.

I have the Atkins rules for induction saved to Word. It you would like, I will be happy to email them to you. Just send me a pm or email and I'll send them along.

Good luck with that new house. Let us know what happens. It's very stressful dealing with issues like that, huh?

My weakness has always been salty foods. I watch my salt intake because I tend to retain fluid but I still miss it. Good luck with avoiding that sodium.

You will find lots of suggestions for different foods here. We have two threads dedicated to recipes, one for weight watchers and one for Low Carb. Most of all you will find a caring and helpful support group here. I'm so glad you will be part of it now :)

<b>RaySharpton</b> Oh my goodness gracious. <i>The</i> Ray Sharpton? I'm so excited to see you here on WISH. You are one of the most thoughtful, caring and emotionally generous people on the DIS. I am thrilled that you are going to be part of my support group now. {{{HUGS}}} my friend.

I follow the Atkins nutritional plan and so does my husband (you met him in 2001-don't know if you remember). We love it. He has improved his health 100% by following this plan. He likes to say that the weight loss is a nice side effect, too :)

A lot of us follow Atkins, you will find lots of information and advice here.

The best part of WISH, though, is the support group. They keep me completely motivated and they always make me smile. I'll bet they help you too.

You can do this Ray. It may be rough for 4 or 5 days, you may even go through carbohydrate withdrawal, but hang in there because it will pass soon enough and I <i>promise</i> you that you will just feel a lot better after you get rid of all vestiges of those refined carbohydrates. Honest.

You're going to do great with this Ray. You are going to reach your goal and be much healthier. We're going to help you.

<b>Castillo Mom</b> It's so nice to see you here on WISH. We have lots of WWs here and all kinds of recipes and advice here, too.

Every possible eating plan is represented here and we all come together to form a wonderful support group. I'm tickled that you are part of my support group now. It's such a help for me, you'll see, it's going to help you too.

I do not doubt that you will reach your goal and that you will be cute as a button in your vacation photos, just wait and see.

<b>minniecarousel</b> Thanks for taking the challenge. I love Atkins it has helped me a lot and I find it easy to follow.

Enjoy your mother's day lunch out. We'll see you on Monday. Bring that wonderfully positive attitude of yours and jump right in to WISH. We'll be saving your place.

<i>If any of you would like the WISH clipart to your signatures there is a wonderful post telling you how to do that right <b>HERE</b>

The WISH clipart is exempt from the clipart guidelines, isn't that great? So don't worry about having to give up the clipart you already have, you don't have to do that.

What we do is we all start with a zero loss, when we take the challenge. Even if we have lost weight before we found WISH. We just start at zero and then every time you lose 5 pounds you get to trade up to a new clippie. It's fun and it's motivating. It's fun and motivating for me, at least ;)

I am just so happy to see so many new members joining my support group. Now, no lurking allowed, don't be shy just jump right in and post. It helps all of us when you participate.

So are we all ready? Anxious to get started on your road to goal? That's great. You are all going to do just fine, we will all help you. That's the great thing about WISH we all help each other.

Okay, now...<b>ready?</b>....<b>set?</b>...then <b>GO!!!</b> Get ready to be successful, my friends, because you are WISHers now, and that's what we do here, we <b>succeed!</b></i>

It's true....honest....you just wait and see.

Katholyn

nativetxn

Thank you very much for the very warm and encouraging welcome! It's very nice to meet all of you and I wish everyone tremendous success.

(P.S. - What a beautiful name you have)

Well it's the weekend and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that struggles with it! Good luck, stay positive and for those Moms out there, have a Happy, Healthy & Blessed Mother's Day!

-Mary Rose

Okay, I accept the challenge. I have about 100 pounds to lose and have been working on it for a couple of months. I needed some serious motivation and am going to use YOUR support and the 1/2 marathon as a gift to myself for getting in shape, losing the inches, and taking back control of my life!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter