• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disability pamphelts for parks

or, there is a link to the Disney page about disabilities (which includes the text from the Guidebooks for Guests with Disabilities) on the disABILITIES FAQs thread.. The link to the Disney pages is on post number 3 of that thread.

When we went to Guest Relations on our first day for our gac pass they gave us one.

You can ask at check in if they have them, when you get your GAC pass, or when your ressie is made you can request one aswell. :flower:

Please forgive me, What is a GAC pass?

I am just starting to research. My husband, daugter and I will be taking my mom to Disney World next September. We will be renting a scooter for her. She can walk but very limited, I don't think she would make it from the monorail to the end of main street.

Windy City Heather said:
Please forgive me, What is a GAC pass?

I am just starting to research. My husband, daugter and I will be taking my mom to Disney World next September. We will be renting a scooter for her. She can walk but very limited, I don't think she would make it from the monorail to the end of main street.
GAC is a Guest Assistance Card and it's basically a tool to let CMs (Cast Members) know what sorts of accomidations/assistance people with invisible disabilities need. Someone using a wheelchair or ecv (scooter) doesn't usually need a GAC because the CMs can see that you need to use a wheelchair accessible line/ area.
The only reasons someone using a wheelchair /ecv would need one is if they have other needs that are not met by using the accessible area, or if they have a mobility device that looks like a stroller (some of the kids' size special needs strollers look a lot like regular strollers).

Since you indicated she is very limited in walking, you might want to look into renting a scooter from off-site. There is information about that in the disABILITITES FAQs near the top of the thread list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter