Disability Stroller

mydisneyanytime

Mouseketeer
We are going on the 5 night European cruise in July which goes to Italy. My son is in a wheelchair for distance but can walk short ways and can still be carried some (58 pounds, age 13). Most of the port adventures are not accessible due to the age and architecture of the areas. However, they are stroller accessible as you can fold it up and carry it up the stairs, etc. I am trying to decide if it is worth it to rent/bring a disability stroller that I can fold up if needed to go on some of the excursions or if we should just try to do it ourselves. I really don't want to bring an extra piece of equipment as we are going to be in Europe about 2 weeks before our cruise but I do want him and the others in our travel party to be able to see everything that we can. Any thoughts? Trying to figure it out....

I would bring your own. You will need it for the airport. There is plenty of walking and and places you could use it. Carrying a 58 pound child does not seem like fun.

I don't have experience with the European cruises and port adventures, so take this as you will. Does the wheelchair fold? If so, I would probably just use that. If not, we have used a Maclaren Major Elite special needs stroller. It folds up very compactly like an umbrella stroller and is light to carry. I can't tell from your post if your son would be able to walk stairs in port when needed, or if you would have to carry him. I'm thinking it could be tiring if he had to do so more than a couple of times (if able to at all), and would you be able to carry him that often?

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter