Disappointed in Disney

Walkingintheair

Earning My Ears
I felt a bit disappointed in Disney overall on our trip through Orlando (headed from home in southwest fl to New York for surgery). Its a feeling I’ve had that’s progressed over the last few years. You know how disney has that “welcome home” slogan? Well I feel like it’s losing its homeyness. I’ve always preferred wilderness lodge and fort wilderness to any other resorts. Wilderness lodge seems to be getting fancier with its new cabins. Trails End buffet restaurant is gone at ft wilderness and is going to be replaced with a more market like counter service ? Trails End never had the highest quality food but at least it had a fun atmosphere. I wish they’d just spend the money upgrading food quality and keeping the theme and atmosphere.

Epcot was under construction so much I actually got disoriented and I’ve been to Epcot at least 30 times in my life. I’m usually able to ignore construction but there was too many walls blocking everything this time. I still haven’t gotten over Norway ride. Why couldn’t they have replaced that creepy imagination dragon character with the Elsa ride instead?

I’ve posted before about Disney springs, I just really miss the smaller and more casual Disney downtown.

We stayed at the treehouse villas and the room keepers were at our door at 9am wanting to get things clean. It made our last few hours on the deck before checkout a little less enjoyable.

This is just being picky but we went on Peter Pan. I think this happens to be one of the most well done rides in Disney, especially in terms of the decoration in the waiting areas. However if they could somehow keep this decor and make it less closterphobic I think that would be great and it would allow employees space to clean as well. Maybe it was because it was the 4th of July but it got really dirty with food trash. It was surprisingly unDisney like.

How dare you disrespect Figment like that!

(Disclaimer: This is a joke and not meant to offend anyone. :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter