Disappointed Not To Run 2017 1/2 And Looking For Another Disney Race Before 2018

misterlabel

Earning My Ears
Wife and I have run the WDW full several and enjoyed the race and environment. Signed up for the 1/2 this year and were disappointed not to get to run. We are thinking about the 2017 Dark Side 1/2, but are wondering if they "put on as good a show" if it is not a Marathon Weekend. Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.

Wife and I have run the WDW full several and enjoyed the race and environment. Signed up for the 1/2 this year and were disappointed not to get to run. We are thinking about the 2017 Dark Side 1/2, but are wondering if they "put on as good a show" if it is not a Marathon Weekend. Any thoughts/experiences would be appreciated.

I thought they put on a great show last year. Everything is built around Star Wars rather than the Disney characters, but the theming was great. Plus I found it to be a huge lift to run with the 501st Legion cheering alongside the course! High fives from Vader, Stormtroopers, Sand People and all other manner of bad guys? Heck, yes!

There were some course and logistics issues with last year's race, but the course has been changed and I expect them to have the kinks worked out for year 2. I wish I could make it to this year's race myself.

Disneyland and Tink are also options, if you feel like heading west. :) or Wine & Dine, which has registration starting pretty soon.

I'm a minor Star Wars fan, but I LOVED the atmosphere at the Dark Side Half. The theming came through in music, lighting, and scenes from the movies playing on large screens. The race was just as well-organized and exciting as Marathon Weekend, and running through World Showcase in the dark is always a plus. I'd do it again, but I don't want to take my chances on the heat and humidity in April.

Everything I have read was that the Dark Side was amazing except for the course ending at the wide world of sports (which has been fixed this year).

I enjoyed Dark Side last year, and I am doing it again this year; however, I cannot compare to Marathon Weekend since I have not participated in that.

wondering if they "put on as good a show" if it is not a Marathon Weekend

So...what about the ambiance did you like? Even though I do them, the rundisney events irritate me in many ways, so it's possible what you like is what bothers me. So what did you like, so we can tell you what other events have and how it compares.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter