Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they make money from us writing on these boards? I am assuming they do. If so, does Pete continue to be getting paid until the supposed divestment? I assume he does. So as we are active on the boards and some on patreon, Pete gets income from that still as of today?
I have my ad blocker on by default so never see any ads on the page. I don't really know if my posts count? I need someone to enlighten me on how this all works.

And funny that the post defending Pete and calling BS on the SA was not deleted.
Imo, it shouldn’t be deleted.

This is what people are talking about with over moderation. Should a mod delete a thread because they disagree with the author of the post? Just because most of us don’t defend Pete and don’t agree with the person who started that thread doesn’t mean it should be deleted.
Let the whole disboards community see what kind of person they are.

Well, the transparency was nice for that little while it was present on these boards. Not currently a good look for making tangible steps to improve going forward.
I figured this thread and others like it would be gone after a while. Once they make the necessary changes to the brand, they probably don't want these threads on here so that people won't "bring up old stuff" in the future.

Imo, it shouldn’t be deleted.

This is what people are talking about with over moderation. Should a mod delete a thread because they disagree with the author of the post? Just because most of us don’t defend Pete and don’t agree with the person who started that thread doesn’t mean it should be deleted.
Let the whole disboards community see what kind of person they are.
I agree that it shouldn't be deleted. I think the point being raised is that removing threads calling for a cooling of emotions while leaving one up that is quite inflammatory and borders on victim-shaming illustrates a problematic bias.

ALL the clicks count when website traffic analytics are involved. You don't ever have to click on an ad to put money in the pocket of the site owner.
Right...that's what I thought. And I believe the community board is the busiest on this site.

Transparency on the situation surrounding Pete and his allegations is one thing. I’m willing to give grace on that.

It’s the transparency on how things are going to operate on these boards, which the threads that were removed recently addressed, that I think there isn’t some legal reason for doing so.

Corey has been the constant adult in the room in this scenario, and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Just leaves a sour taste to have threads that kind of gave hope for users that there was a chance at changes to these boards up and disappears after less than 12 hours.
Here's a silly thought, and I don't know how this works but here goes: Maybe the posts are removed so that Corey can read them without the posts growing before he reaches the end? He said that he's reading every post. I imagine reading the boards is like reading a chat thread that moves so fast it needs to be slowed down to grasp what is being said. I guess the only way to monitor the posts for inappropriate content is to remove the thread and then put it back up once all of them are read. I notice that recent threads get put back up after being removed. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part?

Here's a silly thought, and I don't know how this works but here goes: Maybe the posts are removed so that Corey can read them without the posts growing before he reaches the end? He said that he's reading every post. I imagine reading the boards is like reading a chat thread that moves so fast it needs to be slowed down to grasp what is being said. I guess the only way to monitor the posts for inappropriate content is to remove the thread and then put it back up once all of them are read. I notice that recent threads get put back up after being removed. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part?

Moderators can lock a post to do that. No need to make it disappear completely.

Threads can be locked so no one can post more replies if that truly was the case. Doubtful.

I know for one thing I'm not going to abandon Pete. We are all human and we all make mistakes. And yes, some of us make the same mistakes over and over until we get caught. Everyone deserves compassion and forgiveness because we don't know what they are going through. God forgives us 70 * 7. A real friend stands by through it all and gives support. I don't have to agree, but I will give support and well wishes. I pray that he takes a beat and steps back from everything and reflect. Work on his self and reemerge that much better.
What's up Pete.

I know for one thing I'm not going to abandon Pete. We are all human and we all make mistakes. And yes, some of us make the same mistakes over and over until we get caught. Everyone deserves compassion and forgiveness because we don't know what they are going through. God forgives us 70 * 7. A real friend stands by through it all and gives support. I don't have to agree, but I will give support and well wishes. I pray that he takes a beat and steps back from everything and reflect. Work on his self and reemerge that much better.
He's a sexual predator. Not someone I'd be proud to publicly post my support for on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter