Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was this posted
There’s clearly no moderation here so let’s be respectful as we don’t know how long the fences are down.
I agree. Any petty stuff is just going to get the thread stopped. It’s helpful for me to have a group of people to work through this with even if it’s on a message board with a bunch of people I don’t know personally but bond over love for Disney and appreciation for the DIS over the years. I’d like the thread to be able to stay open

I think the team has a bit of a legal tightrope that they're walking right now. While I do believe the allegations are true, let's remember that legally, they're allegations on an internet message board. The team needs to be careful about what they say regarding the allegations, because I could totally see the accused lobbing a defamation suit in their direction (however unfounded). Also, if there are movements in place to divest everything DIS-related from this person, it's probably a smart move to antagonize him as little as possible until everything is in place.
EXACTLY! Yes of course we as viewers/listeners/followers/Patreon supporters of all that is "The Dis" want ALL the answers RIGHT NOW... Unfortunately I do see that there maybe a legal aspect to why the team can only say so much at this present time. Guaranteed people will be questioning them at the upcoming Disneyland Meetup but I believe they won't be able to divulge into anything during the event.

I have been a participant of the DIS for a number of years. Went on DIS sponsored cruises, DIS meets, and other organized gatherings. Everyone I have met has been very genuine and nice except Pete. ( rude to my grandson)
We do not know the whole story and probably never will. Nor should we.
This has always been a place to gather information to help plan trips to visit the Mouse.
Judging and speculating is not useful.
I am hopeful that all involved can continue the DIS and find peace with the situation.

The way the entire team would get defensive when asked about why certain people were let go/left or flat out lie “a new opportunity, etc” can only make me assume that they (a) were told to lie/deflect and didn’t know why or (b) knew what happened and didn’t want it discussed.

It’s not an attack on the team. It’s just forcing people to look at a possibly uncomfortable reality. Do I have any idea? No. But it’s just my current feelings.

I just can't help but find it disappointing that the main people on their team claim they had no knowledge of any of this until well after the public outrage started. These are the same people who spent a great deal of time in the house filming, at dining reviews, attended park related events, took cruises, and participated in numerous podcasts and aftershows. To say with any amount of seriousness that they were sincerely surprised comes across as either very disingeneous or naive. It implies that they only started to care when would negatively effect their media invites and their benefits. The red flags were there, they just choose to ignore it until it suited them to embrace this new found integrity.

I hope when all this blows over they clean house and start over.
I’m sincerely curious as to what people think that the members of the team could have done. Granted, I haven’t read each and every word of the accusations but nothing that I read was actually illegal. Are we blaming them for not leaving their jobs if they didn’t actually know for a fact what was going on? I’ve worked in offices where everybody “knew” the boss was doing something wrong….every single sign was there but no one really had proof. People didn’t like what was going on but they weren’t going to quit their job without proof. I’m sure that some team members had suspicions but I’m not sure if they actually “knew” anything for sure.

The team would make references to the other website from time to time. They read those discussions. Sean has been posting his experiences for a while. So any comment of “we knew absolutely nothing bad was going on, we thought everything was perfect” will reek of dishonesty.

All I’m asking for is honesty.

I’m sincerely curious as to what people think that the members of the team could have done. Granted, I haven’t read each and every word of the accusations but nothing that I read was actually illegal. Are we blaming them for not leaving their jobs if they didn’t actually know for a fact what was going on? I’ve worked in offices where everybody “knew” the boss was doing something wrong….every single sign was there but no one really had proof. People didn’t like what was going on but they weren’t going to quit their job without proof. I’m sure that some team members had suspicions but I’m not sure if they actually “knew” anything for sure.
I think the entire issue is that they are claiming shock and surprise when it seems clear people knew something. It seems like a weird tact to take if you want to start anew with better transparency, to begin that with a lack of honesty.

First, I would never blame someone for making what they think is the best choice for themselves in a tough situation however that does not change my viewpoint on it all.

For myself, I would not stay at a company if I knew the boss was doing questionable and immoral things to my other co-workers. Whether it is ethically right to turn a blind eye would be up to that individual and whether or not they believe what is going on to be true. It definitely speaks to the character of the people who did infact know but didn't care because they were not the victim and thus the situation does not effect them.

There are varying levels of inappropirateness but if we are just talking about this specific situation with this particular company, I would say after reading much of the scenario posted that I would consider it to be quite concerning and I am not sure I'd want to be the apologist for the bad behavior. While it is always easier to just ignore it and say nothing I am would feel guilty not doing my part and enabling the situation to get worse for everyone.

I think the entire issue is that they are claiming shock and surprise when it seems clear people knew something. It seems like a weird tact to take if you want to start anew with better transparency, to begin that with a lack of honesty.

B-I-N-G-O.

Starting the conversation with dishonesty ends the conversation.

I agree with that but I don’t know how much they can say. I think any vague statement will be met with more questions and they probably can’t provide any details.

I'm really not sure why some people here think they're "owed" something, anything from "the team." There's been some upheaval, and those who make their living this way are scrambling to reboot. They've already given us way more than we paid for.

I'm really not sure why some people here think they're "owed" something, anything from "the team." There's been some upheaval, and those who make their living this way are scrambling to reboot. They've already given us way more than we paid for.

They also shouldn’t assume they’re entitled to our support. We’re “owed” nothing… but neither are they.

First, I would never blame someone for making what they think is the best choice for themselves in a tough situation however that does not change my viewpoint on it all.

For myself, I would not stay at a company if I knew the boss was doing questionable and immoral things to my other co-workers. Whether it is ethically right to turn a blind eye would be up to that individual and whether or not they believe what is going on to be true. It definitely speaks to the character of the people who did infact know but didn't care because they were not the victim and thus the situation does not effect them.

There are varying levels of inappropirateness but if we are just talking about this specific situation with this particular company, I would say after reading much of the scenario posted that I would consider it to be quite concerning and I am not sure I'd want to be the apologist for the bad behavior. While it is always easier to just ignore it and say nothing I am would feel guilty not doing my part and enabling the situation to get worse for everyone.
I think that a lot of time, if you want to keep your job, there’s not much that you can do. If they quit their jobs it wouldn’t have changed anything. I can understand thinking “I’m going to stay out of it. I’ve seen my boss be rude to co workers but that’s all that I have seen with my own eyes and it’s all that I ”know” I don’t like my bosses behavior but I like the job and I can’t replace it.“

Hey all. Obviously I’m me. I’ve been reading up on all the allegations that’s been coming out and it’s made me sick for a number of reasons. I’m still running through the events I personally experienced and trying to make sense of them in the context of everything that’s come out. I applaud people’s bravery and courage for sharing such personal aspects of their life in the hope that others don’t suffer the same. These people will always have an ear to vent to in me if they ever need it and I hope I’d have one too.

With that being said, you shouldn’t be assuming people on the team knew what happened and bashing them. Everyone is and was dealing with stuff of their own and it’s up to them to share that as they are ready too. For all you know other people have their own traumatic experiences and you are just assuming something else based on video from a show where people talk about theme parks. You really have no idea what people have been through except what information they have voluntarily provided. Just because someone works in a field that puts them in the public eye, doesn’t mean that they are not people who could be going through their own traumas, pressures, fears, etc.

Be kind to eachother, do right by one another, and support people who have been hurt.
Thanks for this. It's safe to say that a lot of us have known this was a toxic work environment for years - it was 100% evident by many things Pete did and said on the podcasts (as well as the revolving door of employees).

For those on the team who were stuck in it all this time, hopefully the next weeks and months bring relief as they heal from their own trauma. It's not always easy to either leave a job (or to stay) when you are experiencing toxic control and manipulation. As you said - the pressure. The fear.

I, for one, am hopeful that we will see many of your faces again in a new, positive way going forward. You have been missed, Fiasco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter