• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that a lot of time, if you want to keep your job, there’s not much that you can do. If they quit their jobs it wouldn’t have changed anything. I can understand thinking “I’m going to stay out of it. I’ve seen my boss be rude to co workers but that’s all that I have seen with my own eyes and it’s all that I ”know” I don’t like my bosses behavior but I like the job and I can’t replace it.“
That enables the behavior. It takes someone brave like Dustin to not only quit but come forward with their story.

I think that a lot of time, if you want to keep your job, there’s not much that you can do. If they quit their jobs it wouldn’t have changed anything. I can understand thinking “I’m going to stay out of it. I’ve seen my boss be rude to co workers but that’s all that I have seen with my own eyes and it’s all that I ”know” I don’t like my bosses behavior but I like the job and I can’t replace it.“

I think it very much depends on the situation. There is a clear difference between vague rudeness and things that cross the line into very inappropriate territory. How bad it is definitely sways how harshly I would judge someone for staying or leaving. You can always find a new job, but your integrity is your own.

Mmm...I'm pretty sure some of what happened with Dustin was illegal.
Right! And someone wouldn't post that story in a public forum (or risk the embarrassment to him and his family) because he was a disgruntled employee from a place he worked a decade ago. That was an act of courage and mechanism for him to deal with his trauma. (And perhaps let others know it's OK to speak out too?)

I think it very much depends on the situation. There is a clear difference between vague rudeness and things that cross the line into very inappropriate territory. How bad it is definitely sways how harshly I would judge someone for staying or leaving. You can always find a new job, but your integrity is your own.
I don‘t disagree but I think that these jobs are hard to replace and there is a big difference between suspecting something and knowing it for a fact.

….
You like to be a troll on subjects like this? Yea bet you’d never put a face to that profile tough guy.

Fiasco you are picking fights and you clearly never cared about the fandom or you would know this isn’t true.

He HAS put a face to his profile. He was a guest on the Tuesday show once. He has shared trip reports with pics and lol for the record he looks amazing in a tux and he has a beautiful baby!

Are you trying to help Fiasco? This isn’t helping.

I think everyone is ready for a break. I wish everyone a good weekend, including you Fiasco.

And to @CampbellzSoup, your composure is amazing and I send you my best my friend!

Last edited:

I don‘t disagree but I think that these jobs are hard to replace and there is a big difference between suspecting something and knowing it for a fact.
There is also a big difference between ignorance and denial. How much proof is enough to convince someone is up to that person. For some people there will never be enough evidence to convince them short of the person accused admitting it publicly. Many other people will read the information and judge the facts for themselves.

Its not a matter of whether or not someone believes the situation is real, the question was whether someone should consider parting ways if they fundamentally disagreed with the behavior of their boss with the understanding that they believe the allegations presented against them are true or in all likelihood are true. What anyone would do in that scenario is their prerogative.

….

Fiasco you are picking fights and you clearly never cared about the fandom or you would know this isn’t true.

He HAS put a face to his profile. He was a guest on the Tuesday show once. He has shared trip reports with pics and lol for the record he looks amazing in a tux and he has a beautiful baby!

And to @CampbellzSoup, your composure is amazing dealing with this troll and I send you my best my friend
….

I think everyone is ready for a break. I wish everyone a good weekend, including you Fiasco.

And to @CampbellzSoup, your composure is amazing and I send you my best my friend!
Maybe go read the comments I was responding to. Oh wait. He deleted them all.

They’re still there I edited them because I want no bad will towards you. I asked you to just clarify cause if you were going through trauma too I wanted to know you had an outlet here to talk about it but you gave me a snarky response and I did in return. I have no I’ll will towards you and sorry for an trauma you went through, legitimately.

B-I-N-G-O.

Starting the conversation with dishonesty ends the conversation.

I believe the comments from Sean were more about how ridiculously demanding his boss made the job and how controlling he was (unless I missed something). It was Dustin who recently started commenting came out about the allegations of SA.

So did they know their boss was controlling? Yes. I think many of us assumed that was the case anyways. It's the claims of SA they are more than likely what is new to them (even Dustin said they did not know). Add in top of that the law suit and it is messy.

Does this situation make anyone else doubt your own views of other vloggers now? Are the ones that we really like one person in front of the camera and other in real life? Are the ones going on all of these luxurious vacations actually as successful as they try to appear on their vlogs? Are they the people that they present themselves to be? I don’t know but this situation has made me wonder.

They’re still there I edited them because I want no bad will towards you. I asked you to just clarify cause if you were going through trauma too I wanted to know you had an outlet here to talk about it but you gave me a snarky response and I did in return. I have no ill will towards you and sorry for a trauma you went through, legitimately.
I took your comment as pushy - then the following comment as aggressive. I’ll chop it up as a misunderstanding though - no worries.

I feel bad for all the innocent people caught up in this as well as anyone who might have been a victim. The wife and I always thought the constant turnover was a sign of something deeper in the culture at the DIS and Dreams. Those who held high positions in these companies enabled this behavior and culture by not stepping up to stop it. If the folks watching could see the signs, then y’all certainly had your eyes and ears closed. Sorry but this is not how you lead. I’m ashamed to know we spent money with Dreams. I hope the innocent land on their feet as they, and the victims, always suffer.

He was one of Heidi’s favorite people on these boards. She was pure and she still wouldn’t have let you talk to him like that. You know who Heidi is right?

He has been here a looooong time, he is well liked and known by many, why don’t you stay awhile and get to know us first? Or are you just here to lecture?

I read what he said. I still support him.

I believe the comments from Sean were more about how ridiculously demanding his boss made the job and how controlling he was (unless I missed something). It was Dustin who recently started commenting came out about the allegations of SA.

So did they know their boss was controlling? Yes. I think many of us assumed that was the case anyways. It's the claims of SA they are more than likely what is new to them (even Dustin said they did not know). Add in top of that the law suit and it is messy.

Demanding, mentally and psychologically abusive, controlling...likely some more words I'm forgetting, too.

Narcissistic abusers are skilled at having a highly-polished public image that in no way indicates the awfulness behind the mask.

That’s how they gain people’s trust to either reel them in as prey, or to support them through anything (“I know him and he’d never do such a thing.”)
So well said, I was trying to word it, you are more eloquent than me! As they say, karma is a ….

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter