• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a decadent, soft society we’ve become, to be so personally invested in an entertainment company and the peoples lives whose work is associated it. We are screwed
Not sure what your point is. But it’s more than just watching a YouTube channel. Many of us have travelled with these people and became friends with them. I don’t think society is screwed because people are having an emotional response to people they care about.

I appreciate the response, sir. Jesus the whole thing just sounds like a nightmare and I’m so sorry if you too have a story to tell.

Also, I loved your tier episodes in the beginning of COVID. They really helped keep the Disney magic alive during those very stressful first few months. It really was my ultimate break from reality at the time - so thank you.
I understand where you are coming from and want to put myself out there a little more. So I’ll try to do that without crossing anyone else’s boundaries the best I can. I am still processing all of this and reflecting on my own experiences and yes, I have my own experiences and no, they are not to the level of the ones you already saw. I’m still working through all of that. Things did not go well for me after I had my medical issue. I appreciate everyone checking in on me and such and for the most part I haven’t really replied to most of your nice comments because in part I’m really not sure what to say. I’m traumatized and I feel like my life was falling apart and I have nobody to talk to and honestly not doing very great. Social media shows how awesome other people’s life is and stuff but that’s people showing their best days, or just forcing yourself to be okay because who am I to have a bad day? When I got this job I had just got out of active duty military - spent one year in a corporate office and hated my life - then landed a job doing theme park content I felt like I actually manifested. My dream at the time actually came true. I’m still working through stuff, as I’m sure many people are.

Very well said. I just cannot with all these people complaining/demanding answers right at this very moment/second/day/hour.

Heck I feel the same way too but eventually bring myself to reality and think, what we are requesting etc, is not a typical 2 days free shipping due to prime. All of these revelations take time to process and if they’re not willing to patiently wait, there is a thing called “leaving”.

Like no one is out here being put against their will to wait. They know people would cancel their Patreon page and unsubscribe to the YouTube channels. I’m pretty sure everyone at the Dis knows this and know they have no control over that.

All I’m saying, at the end of the day, everyone and everything, in due course, will get addressed fully (I hope) and not get swept under the rug like in the past years whenever one of the Dis team abruptly leaves and is no longer present and no longer mentioned ever again. That IMO, is the appropriate time to get mad IF AND ONLY IF, that becomes the fruition. But at this present time, we just wait.

I think they’re all doing the best that they can do right now. I don’t feel anyone is sitting idle as some folks implied.

Just to be clear, I fully support Dustin, as I have already told him a few times. My heart and unwavering support is also with Corey and Julie. Ryno, Craig, et al were right around the time I left, but I offer nothing but positive vibes and strength to them and other members of the team. You’ve made it through 100% of your worst days and will get through this as well.

I understand where you are coming from and want to put myself out there a little more. So I’ll try to do that without crossing anyone else’s boundaries the best I can. I am still processing all of this and reflecting on my own experiences and yes, I have my own experiences and no, they are not to the level of the ones you already saw. I’m still working through all of that. Things did not go well for me after I had my medical issue. I appreciate everyone checking in on me and such and for the most part I haven’t really replied to most of your nice comments because in part I’m really not sure what to say. I’m traumatized and I feel like my life was falling apart and I have nobody to talk to and honestly not doing very great. Social media shows how awesome other people’s life is and stuff but that’s people showing their best days, or just forcing yourself to be okay because who am I to have a bad day? When I got this job I had just got out of active duty military - spent one year in a corporate office and hated my life - then landed a job doing theme park content I felt like I actually manifested. My dream at the time actually came true. I’m still working through stuff, as I’m sure many people are.

Your tier lists were my favorite thing during the lockdown. Hanging out in the chat with everyone while stuck in the house alone was a life saver! I’ll always be grateful for that. I hope you find your way back to being a creator. Your love of the parks was so evident and you were great to watch. I hope you find the opportunity to live that dream again.

I also have a cruise booked thru Dreams and I'm very concerned about giving them my final payment. What happens to our reservation if Dreams goes under?
I'm guessing that DU is simply the middle man because all the particulars would have to be passed on to the cruise line so they can create the manifest of passengers. If DU went under, the cruise line should still have enough information to pick up where they left off.

I'm guessing that DU is simply the middle man because all the particulars would have to be passed on to the cruise line so they can create the manifest of passengers. If DU went under, the cruise line should still have enough information to pick up where they left off.
No need to speculate, DSNYDREAMER posted a good explanation of how this works a few posts back.

Dreams is not going under. That being said, I understand your question and concern. Your reservation is booked directly with the cruise line. Dreams is the travel agent on record. This means we collect and provide credit card payments to the cruise online (Dreams does NOT charge your credit card), we assist with the details of the reservation and any questions/issues along the way. The reservation itself is booked direct with the cruise line, you are given a cruise line reservation number and you can access the reservation on the cruise line site. On a side note, when electing to use any travel agency, this should also be something you look out for.

While Dreams is the travel agency of record, if it went under (its not!) the cruise line has your reservation and the funds for that reservation. We used to talk about this on the Dreams Podcast, we feel it is very important that people know no matter what happens their reservation (and money) are protected.
Thank you for the explanation!

I mean… that’s the exact point of the comment. I want to continue to support them but I’d need to see certain things first. You disagree - good on ya.

This attitude of “the team doesn’t have to tell us anything” is so strange. So we should just be okay with hearing these horrible stories and that’s it? We as supporters don’t deserve to hear the team’s reactions, responses, plans going forward?

And I’m not saying the team hasn’t started to communicate a little more, but the pearl-clutching and “how dare you!” protectionist attitude is so off to me.
It's human nature to want to know what happens next. That's embedded in us from birth. Anyone who has children or teaches kindergarten know that all day long the kids will tell on someone and then stick around to see if you, the authority figure, will mete out punishment on the person who did them wrong. I'm learning a lot about people as a teacher. Our sense of justice is strong and we never outgrow that. We all appreciate a little communication along the way.

I mean… that’s the exact point of the comment. I want to continue to support them but I’d need to see certain things first. You disagree - good on ya.

This attitude of “the team doesn’t have to tell us anything” is so strange. So we should just be okay with hearing these horrible stories and that’s it? We as supporters don’t deserve to hear the team’s reactions, responses, plans going forward?

And I’m not saying the team hasn’t started to communicate a little more, but the pearl-clutching and “how dare you!” protectionist attitude is so off to me.

While I do not blame any of the individual members of the team for the actions of one, I do agree we are owed some kind of explaination or at the very least a strong statement in support of the victims and that highlights that while they did not know much of the specifics beforehand they do agree what happened is unacceptable and should never happen again to anyone.

They may not have directly been involved but they do all collectively represent the entity and this situation does cast a dark cloud over the positive attributes we have come to experience for many years. It's telling the statements we have received have been very vague denial of any knowledge in regard to the situation but not necessarily in support of the victims, or anything to the effect of strongly condemning the behavior. I understand not wanting to get involved but they should make more of an effort to not sound as disingenerous to their fans and followers.

I am not at all surprised to hear that Pete was a terrible person to work for. Just based on how he would talk to and treat his employees on air told me that he had to be even worse behind the scenes. And I have to admit that his penchant for hiring young guys that he was in a relationship with was a red flag also. However, I never for a minute would have thought that he was actually committing any kind of assault. So I can see where the team would be blindsided by that. It’s one thing to be an abusive boss, but it’s quite another to be committing SA.

and your wife are missed. I am certainly supportive of the team

I also have a cruise booked thru Dreams and I'm very concerned about giving them my final payment. What happens to our reservation if Dreams goes under?
Anytime I make a payment with Dreams I enter the credit card number on their site and shortly afterwards I will get a notice from my credit card company that the vendor such as Royal Caribbean celebrity, etc. are the ones that processed the payment.

Head-in-sand is the expedient tendency. It’s easier, lazy, and defensible. It’s how these situations fester for years and then crescendo with revelation. People ask, “How does this happen?” when they see it in the news, yet find themselves in the very scenario.

Superiors having relationships with subordinates is blatantly inappropriate. That ain’t a “red flag;” that’s right in front of you. It’s taken to another level entirely with the age dynamic of 20+ years AND an/the owner?! And sharing hotel rooms for work trips?? Good grief, people.

As much as people today look down their noses of those in history, the reality is the type of person most people are doesn’t change. If you do the popular/easy thing today, you would’ve done the popular/easy things as those in the past. Most people won’t proactively leave a job for blatant ethical reasons. Most people won’t break friendships with a group who are doing bad things. Only when it becomes popular, like now, are people willing to “step away” or criticize. Where was any of this a week ago when the majority dismissed it all out of hand? It didn’t become popular opinion until a few days ago. Now the popular mob dogpiles. The easy thing to do.

Oh where, oh where?

Last edited:
I haven't been on these boards for a while. So much talk of this thread in the other group I wanted to see for myself. It's so nice to see the unwavering support for Sean and Dustin.
I saw someone comment that this may just be a misunderstanding. I just wanted to say that this isn't really something new. Sean showed up one day on the other forum months ago posting under someone else's name. For a while some of us weren't sure if it was really him, but it quickly became apparent that it was him. Too many things were confirmed through others to doubt it, and some of the things he would write about would just make other happenings from the past years finally make some sense. His stories were seriously heartbreaking as are Dustin's. These are victims and there is no misunderstanding. It's nice to know that although they both are still dealing daily with the things that happened, they are both happy and in much better places.
The last time I saw Pete in person was the night The Wave closed. We weren't there with his Patreon group but I did speak to him for maybe 60 seconds in the restaurant lobby as we were leaving. He was in rare form of course but what I remember to this day was how empty Drake looked. He already had the drained from toxicity look that other team member's would get and he had just gotten there.
The other thing that I've been thinking about is all of those CMs that caught the ire over the years. All of those mousekeepers and servers and even management. You can take the photo down now.
Peace, good luck, and success to everyone involved.

Perhaps it’s time for Dreams Unlimited to work with their lawyers to publish a statement before customers start hurting the travel agents by canceling trips.

I’d hate to see all the wonderful travel agents hurt because of one persons horrible actions.
I’m sure they’re working on it but because no broadcast type announcement has been made on FB, the homepage, etc., many people even on these boards are likely still unaware. You can see people trickling into this thread and still trying to figure out what’s going on.

Are some of you people aware Sean detailed his story months ago and members of the team have acknowledged they read the posts? Only Dustin’s allegations are new, Sean’s are not. This is not entirely new information to them. If you don’t read T L you’re missing the full story.
I'm just seeing all of this now. Where can I go to get the full story? I started reading from the begining but it is just getting more confusing and it would be nice to know what is actually going on.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter