Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until it is announced officially that he has sold his interest in all these companies, he is still benefiting financially from all the activities. So just be aware of that and make your choices according to your personal moral compass on the matter.

I'm only going to post once here and say my thoughts are with Sean, Dustin, and ANYONE ELSE who was victimized by this sorry excuse for a human being. I fully support the rest of the current public facing team and hope they are able to find or create better places of employment where they are free from the control of a narcissistic abuser.

The one bit is ad revenue per hit is piddling. It takes 100s of hits to make like $1. DIS boards get hundreds of thousands per month. (There's 600,000 members though of course not all are active.) So yes he's making money off this, but each individually we are contributing pennies as most.

I haven't posted to these boards with any frequency over the last week or 2 since I first heard about this whole, disgusting situation.

For the benefit of all the people who have not read through the story on the other site:

Pete makes ALL his income off being affiliated with the DIS, DUT, Moving to Orlando, and all affiliates. He gets a massive check from Google every month. Not just based on ad clicks, but PAGE clicks and You Tube views from his various channels. Just being here, reading and posting or clicking puts money in his pocket. He takes a cut of every Dreams trip commision.

Until it is announced officially that he has sold his interest in all these companies, he is still benefiting financially from all the activities. So just be aware of that and make your choices according to your personal moral compass on the matter.

I'm only going to post once here and say my thoughts are with Sean, Dustin, and ANYONE ELSE who was victimized by this sorry excuse for a human being. I fully support the rest of the current public facing team and hope they are able to find or create better places of employment where they are free from the control of a narcissistic abuser.
I have been following the other place for some time now and only sporadically been checking on the boards because work has had me busy but I didn't realize it wasn't just ad revenue. I appreciate that info. Personally, knowing that...I can't. I'm a survivor multiple times over from a narcissistic abuser and reading what happened to Dustin and Sean was not only horrific but triggering. I cannot in good conscience put coins in this man's pocket, no matter how much I love talking about Disney parks and helping people with their trips. I'm out until he is.

And then there was a dining review from the private room in Citrocoā€™s . Mind blown. Big giant red flag went up then. Then a lot of things start making sense and fall into placeā€¦ from then I usually did not make it past the first five minutes of the show.
What big red flag went up during that Citricos vlog? That they were charged big bucks for all those fruity drink pairings in lieu of alcohol pairings? That no one knew how to articulate what they were eating or drinking? Another revelation that Pete never eats fish and orders meat well done?

Last edited:
I hate to ne THAT guy, but I figure as long as my contribution to the revenue stays around the cost of a movie ticket or two, the entertainment value of popping on this thread every so often is money well spent. It will probably get attached in a judgement anyway.
I haven't bought a movie ticket in a long time, especially due to not be interested in what's being shown in theaters right now.

Last edited:

What big red flag went up during that Citricos vlog? That they were charged big bucks for all those fruity drink pairings in lieu of alcohol pairings? That no one knew how to articulate what they were eating or drinking? Another revelation that Pete never eats fish and orders meat well done?

Eating meat well done is a red flag all by itself!

And then the litany of other young men came and wentā€¦ For me I always thought it was odd,
but the older adults stayed? The ones who knew PW for a very long time.
That is not entirely true. There are younger men who stayed (Craig, Ryno) and older adults that parted ways (Deni and Panda recently).

Pete being in a relationship with an employee was odd coming from my Fortune500 background but itā€™s not uncommon in small businesses. I thought it was a poor business practice but didnā€™t judge it deeper than that.

That is not entirely true. There are younger men who stayed (Craig, Ryno) and older adults that parted ways (Deni and Panda recently).

Pete being in a relationship with an employee was odd coming from my Fortune500 background but itā€™s not uncommon in small businesses. I thought it was a poor business practice but didnā€™t judge it deeper than that.
To clarify, you may wish to reread the ending of my post.

Your take on PWā€™s actions is your own.

Re-Greetings all. Long-time member back from the earliest days of DOS platform and the recorded podcasts, and have stuck with the podcasts all the way through last Tuesday. Was a prolific poster on the Boards but couldnā€™t stick with it because in 2016 Webmaster Doc thought that something I posted was too political whereas I thought it was clever. Honest disagreement. We got into it in a private chat and I got banned. But I am hoping that in the spirit of forgiveness, open dialogue, and a newfound perspective of what trueoffensive conduct looks like, my 7 year-long banishment might end. The post by rteetz gave me the courage to try to re-register to see if I can stick around. The only reasons I say all this is to be completely open about my past so that the current Mods can see it, and to provide some perspective that this isnā€™t really my ā€œfirst post.ā€ Close to 10,000th .

Iā€™ve read every post on this and the prior thread, and every thread on that ā€œother siteā€. While that other site gets a (deserved) bad rap here as being too Mean Girl/Mean Boy, it is also the source of information that raises a host of questions. You know the old saying: ā€œThat post didnā€™t age well?ā€ Wellā€¦there are a lot of posts over there that aged spectacularly, and that is where the questions lie. I believe Dustin 100% that no one else knew about him being awakened by SA. I sure as heck wouldnā€™t have told anyone else. But the overall employment environment and financial situation had to have been hard to miss and have been discussed over there, literally for years. I am waiting for the response from John because that is, to me, where this ends. As viewers, we saw a revolving door of people come and go, some, like Panda, who had true WDW bona fides, and others whose arrivals had us scratching our heads. And that had to have raised eyebrows within the team. And then those people left as quickly as they came, most without a mention. And when the questions were asked ā€œWhere did so-and-so go and why did he leave?ā€ we were told that it was none of our business, (usually by Kevin). Maybe that is true. But it certainly was the business of company management. If the real reason for departures was sexual intimidation and/or a hostile work environment, I certainly would not have expected John (or Kevin) to post that reason. But were those problems addressed or left to fester? I still have not seen that issue addressed.

There is a saying that one is known by the company that they keep. The converse is also true. One is known by the company that leaves them. Dustin, JL, Oliver, Steve, Charles, Fiasco, Panda and the list goes on. Most gone without a mention, with the exception being Dustinā€™s farewell. (I admit that I cried too.) When that much talent leaves, again it has to raise eyebrows. If that happened in my company, management and HR would want to know what was happening. What conditions exist that is forcing people to quit or be fired? Pay too low? Hostile work environment? Was any of this addressed by DIS management? Yes, there are recent certain revelations that must have come out of the blue like lightning bolts. But between JLā€™s Insta Posts, Fiascoā€™s posts here and the yearsā€™ old information on the other site, enough hostility is being revealed such that those issues could not have been unknown to the people who could have made a difference. Maybe Pete was just too entrenched for anyone to do anything about it. But if that is the case, it needs to be explained. And if that was case, I would have expected an en masse walk-out. But that is an issue for another discussion.

Truly hoping for the best for those who can produce ā€œThe Connorsā€ as Rino is calling it. I hate how much grief these people take on that other site. I think there is a lot of talent here and I think they are capable of success. Whether I can participate in further discussions regarding those successes remains to be seen, but if not, I will be watching from the sidelines.

I haven't posted on the boards in a while, and though I certainly don't want to "pile on," I've given this a lot of consideration over the last few weeks.

I keep coming back to one word: disappointed. I am so immensely disappointed. As a loyal DIS Unplugged listener for the last ten years and a poster here for even longer than that, I'm just so disappointed, upset, and frankly, horrified that this behavior was allegedly occurring behind the scenes. Were there times where I was perhaps curious about a departure? Sure, perhaps more so recently -- but what's being discussed this week extends my disappointment far beyond that point.

The allegations are disturbing and horrific. As more stories emerge, they paint an even darker and more upsetting picture. They go far beyond workplace romance. They make me ashamed to think even one cent of the money I spent on a trip booked with Dreams or money generated from my viewership/engagement could've been used toward placing someone in this position. I don't mean to sound hyperbolic or dramatic, but it's just how I feel. Thank you to Sean and Dustin for sharing your stories and thank you to JL, Nikki, Ryan, and others for your insights as well.

While I'm sympathetic to the "innocent until proven guilty" argument, the allegations have been presented with a myriad of text messages, emails, photos, and other details that lend immense credibility and weight to them. As other former team members speak up and express their support for Dustin and Sean, it's hard to see these allegations as anything other than very credible.

It is not lost on me the impact that this week is having on so many others far more connected to the situation than myself. I've thought a lot about them this past week. I will not make any assumptions. I will not just assume that others knew. I will not just assume that nobody knew anything. I only hope there is full accountability. I also sincerely hope that something good can come out of this horrible situation. I don't know what that looks like exactly to be honest, but given that this thread is still open and this difficult dialogue still flowing, I'm optimistic.

People come here to put their passion for Disney on display. They come here because they love the magic and want to be as much a part of it as possible. This community has spawned so many wonderful friendships and memories and helped so many causes (like Give Kids the World and Second Harvest), and as Nikki so eloquently said earlier, none of that to me is degraded or lessened despite the complicated feelings that may now surround some of that. Perhaps that's what also makes the disappointment so difficult at a moment like this. There is so much love, talent, and passion here. I'm confident this community will soon again be at its best, but in the meantime, I'm sending love and support to Sean, Dustin, and all those who did nothing wrong yet are feeling the effects from this. I'm sorry -- you (and we all) deserve better.

Does anyone remember Pet's anti-Gay Days column from almost 20 years ago? I think he ultimately deleted from everywhere online because it got a lot of pick up and traction from the (pre-MAGA) conservative crowd. I remember it being very preachy and sanctimonious (if I recall, the crux of it was that the attendees were way too in-your-face).

If any of you internet super sleuths could find it, I'd be curious to read it again. Not related to this topic directly, but I wonder how it sounds now in hindsight with all of this.

The Wayback Machine still has the original:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050609024151/http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-gay-days.htm

I don't know what more I could add to this, but as an "old timer", I figured I should say something.
It's been 16 years since I joined the boards. Over those years, I became a regular at DIS meets (as well as a planner), went on the PCC 6, became friends with the people on the team.

My heart breaks for everyone involved. People who are accusing the team of being complicit are making my blood boil - especially with @Dustin repeatedly telling everyone that they didn't know what was going on. Victims are experts at keeping these things to themselves. I know from experience that we feel tremendous shame and guilt, even though that makes no sense at all... and we can hide these truths for decades because of those feelings. Because of all of that, and my relationships with these people, I believe wholeheartedly that they had no idea how bad things were behind closed doors. And before anyone @s me to argue about this, just know that I'm too old to argue with strangers on the internet. Don't waste your energy.

@Dustin, thank you so much for sharing your story. I know it can't be easy - but I hope you're feeling some relief in getting it out there. I don't know Sean F. personally, but I thank him for sharing, too. I'm so deeply sorry for what you went through, and I applaud your courage in speaking out.

Roseanne becoming the Connors is absolutely perfect. Can't wait for it to happen!

i for one am tired of tonyz opinion. we can harp on this later,

Well, that's what these boards are for...

chris-hemsworth-shrug.gif

The Wayback Machine still has the original:
That was some eye opening insight into the manā€™s mind. He goes off about how itā€™s wrong for two men to show affection in the magic Kingdom because children dont need to see ā€two queensā€ kissing, despite surely their own heterosexual parents or relatives kissing in front of them all the time. Love is love and tasteful PDA is absolutely fine, Im not sure what would possess a man to say that specifically. I digress, but the irony of him caring about the mental well being of young people is palpable.

The one bit is ad revenue per hit is piddling. It takes 100s of hits to make like $1. DIS boards get hundreds of thousands per month. (There's 600,000 members though of course not all are active.) So yes he's making money off this, but each individually we are contributing pennies as most.
Going rate for programmatic banner ads is like $2-$4 per thousand, less for certain mobile ads, and everyone along the way takes a cut. Iā€™d bet 80-90% of the sites ad revenue comes from their World of DVC partnership.

The focus on YouTube videos is a clear result of that. You make about 10x as much per ad view there, even after YouTubeā€™s huge bite.

I hope they realize they are better off without him.

I think most women listening understood Amyā€™s uncomfortable laughter whenever he referred to her as a ā€œcrack dealerā€ tooā€¦ just laugh uncomfortably for a minute and maybe the attention will turn away from me again.

I don't know anyone, I'm new to most of this, but I just want to say from the videos I've seen, podcasts I've listened to, etc. you all are talented folks, & you need to invest in yourself, build your own brand, you don't need to make money for someone else. (but you may need a part time job in the meantime. lol)
In this day and age, YouTube, podcasts, etc. are fairly simple to do, & you all mostly know how to get it done.
You ALL already have a fan base (whether you think so or not), & that is the hardest thing to gain. Just do your own things & support and promote each other.

Re-Greetings all. Long-time member back from the earliest days of DOS platform and the recorded podcasts, and have stuck with the podcasts all the way through last Tuesday. Was a prolific poster on the Boards but couldnā€™t stick with it because in 2016 Webmaster Doc thought that something I posted was too political whereas I thought it was clever. Honest disagreement. We got into it in a private chat and I got banned. But I am hoping that in the spirit of forgiveness, open dialogue, and a newfound perspective of what trueoffensive conduct looks like, my 7 year-long banishment might end. The post by rteetz gave me the courage to try to re-register to see if I can stick around. The only reasons I say all this is to be completely open about my past so that the current Mods can see it, and to provide some perspective that this isnā€™t really my ā€œfirst post.ā€ Close to 10,000th .

Iā€™ve read every post on this and the prior thread, and every thread on that ā€œother siteā€. While that other site gets a (deserved) bad rap here as being too Mean Girl/Mean Boy, it is also the source of information that raises a host of questions. You know the old saying: ā€œThat post didnā€™t age well?ā€ Wellā€¦there are a lot of posts over there that aged spectacularly, and that is where the questions lie. I believe Dustin 100% that no one else knew about him being awakened by SA. I sure as heck wouldnā€™t have told anyone else. But the overall employment environment and financial situation had to have been hard to miss and have been discussed over there, literally for years. I am waiting for the response from John because that is, to me, where this ends. As viewers, we saw a revolving door of people come and go, some, like Panda, who had true WDW bona fides, and others whose arrivals had us scratching our heads. And that had to have raised eyebrows within the team. And then those people left as quickly as they came, most without a mention. And when the questions were asked ā€œWhere did so-and-so go and why did he leave?ā€ we were told that it was none of our business, (usually by Kevin). Maybe that is true. But it certainly was the business of company management. If the real reason for departures was sexual intimidation and/or a hostile work environment, I certainly would not have expected John (or Kevin) to post that reason. But were those problems addressed or left to fester? I still have not seen that issue addressed.

There is a saying that one is known by the company that they keep. The converse is also true. One is known by the company that leaves them. Dustin, JL, Oliver, Steve, Charles, Fiasco, Panda and the list goes on. Most gone without a mention, with the exception being Dustinā€™s farewell. (I admit that I cried too.) When that much talent leaves, again it has to raise eyebrows. If that happened in my company, management and HR would want to know what was happening. What conditions exist that is forcing people to quit or be fired? Pay too low? Hostile work environment? Was any of this addressed by DIS management? Yes, there are recent certain revelations that must have come out of the blue like lightning bolts. But between JLā€™s Insta Posts, Fiascoā€™s posts here and the yearsā€™ old information on the other site, enough hostility is being revealed such that those issues could not have been unknown to the people who could have made a difference. Maybe Pete was just too entrenched for anyone to do anything about it. But if that is the case, it needs to be explained. And if that was case, I would have expected an en masse walk-out. But that is an issue for another discussion.

Truly hoping for the best for those who can produce ā€œThe Connorsā€ as Rino is calling it. I hate how much grief these people take on that other site. I think there is a lot of talent here and I think they are capable of success. Whether I can participate in further discussions regarding those successes remains to be seen, but if not, I will be watching from the sidelines.
Welcome back!

Iā€™ve heard Ryan posted something but not sure what it was about-was it on the other site? Iā€™ve read through a bit of it for reference and didnā€™t see anything. Either way, itā€™s too bad for all impacted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter