Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a problem. You were one of the nicest people I know. I know Nikki was unfair with me too.
Keep in mind that the mods, even though they are volunteers, were still "working" for Pete and often subjected to the same sort of abuse as the paid employees. Both Nikki and Ryan have shared their stories and I'm sure they're not the only ones with stories to tell. Knowing what was going on behind the scenes, I think the way things were being handled makes a lot more sense and it wasn't the fault of the individual moderators.

Keep in mind that the mods, even though they are volunteers, were still "working" for Pete and often subjected to the same sort of abuse as the paid employees. Both Nikki and Ryan have shared their stories and I'm sure they're not the only ones with stories to tell. Knowing what was going on behind the scenes, I think the way things were being handled makes a lot more sense and it wasn't the fault of the individual moderators.
This CANNOT be understated. The Knights of the Roundtable must do the King's bidding. If the Knight cuts off your head, it is because the King told him to. I am hopeful that a new regime emerges that follows a different path. I've survived here for 24 hours, so I am hopeful!

When a company is run by narcissist(s), they don’t take kindly to criticisms. It ruins their worldview and hurts their ego.

So it must be stamped out immediately.

Plus some moderators get on power trips. They won’t even let you ask questions as to why you got demerits. I once got dinged for something that wasn’t in their list of “don’t say/do” and I asked for clarification as to why I got dinged, and that was met with “questioning our decision can result in further points.”

Truth be told-the heavy moderating on this website contributed to Pete being able to keep his power for so long.
Completely agree with everything you said.... years ago I got dinged for something ridiculous and was sent a super hateful message "reprimanding" me like a toddler. Ironically that moderator left a few years ago because of Pete.... funny how that happens.

Last edited:

The past few days have made it abundantly clear that I made the right decision saying no when I was offered the opportunity to be a moderator.

I haven’t been here in a very long time. I was a long-time member and very active participant in this community for many years. And I would say the majority of my close friends are people I have met through all of the activities I participated in.

But I left the DIS cold turkey in 2016 after watching this vile man manipulate, emotionally traumatize, and hurt some of my very good friends. I have never looked back. Never regretted cutting ties with the cruelty that I suspected was at the head of the DIS.

But my god! - my suspicions didn’t hold a candle to the reality that was happening! Now that this all coming to light, I am repulsed ten times (make that a thousand times) more than I could ever imagine.

And I 100% believe the rest of the team did not know the gruesome details being shared now, even though they truly did see (and live in) that toxic work environment. 
My heart goes out to Dustin for sharing his truths. And to Sean (whom I have never met) for sharing his stories as well. You both show more courage than most of us could ever summon. Thank you. And to my other friends who are sharing, or who are still coming to terms with, their own stories, I wish all of you a path to peace now that this is coming into the sunshine.

Aside from the victims of all this mess/trauma (the most important in all of this).....MY biggest concern is that I really really like my Dreams Unlimited travel agent. A lot. I am having a very hard time reconciling giving the company any more of my money. Anyone else struggling with this?
I've seen the breakdown of who owns/runs what aspects of the businesses but still.....everything is intertwined.
What an ugly mess that has so many repercussions as these things always do. Crap.

Completely agree with everything you said.... years ago I got dinged for something ridiculous and was sent a super hateful message "reprimanding" me like a toddler. Ironically that moderator left a few years ago because of Pete.... funny how that happens.
I think the being treated like a child is what I found most offensive.

man-40.gif

Last edited:
Aside from the victims of all this mess/trauma (the most important in all of this).....MY biggest concern is that I really really like my Dreams Unlimited travel agent. A lot. I am having a very hard time reconciling giving the company any more of my money. Anyone else struggling with this?
I've seen the breakdown of who owns/runs what aspects of the businesses but still.....everything is intertwined.
What an ugly mess that has so many repercussions as these things always do. Crap.
@DSNYDREAMER is the best travel agent ever, hands down but your right it is an interesting conundrum.

there are of course no guarantees, but it seems a pretty likely that Pete will never see another dime from DUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter